“Fantastic Hotel”

Ranked #94 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Fantastic Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Arrived with my family not realising the exact location of this hotel and it was a welcome surprise. The view from 20th floor is stunning with the best view of the 9/11 memorial around. Worth a drink up their just for the view. The rooms are spacious for NY and well equipped. Beds Were comfortable.The little extras make this hotel a cut above most. Free WiFi with a simple connection, Free Bottled Water, Print straight from your room securely with print me.com, Free Tea/Coffee and snacks in the lobby, very helpful staff and 3 subway stations within a 5 min walk. My only complaint is the that the fitness centre is tight for space and doesn't have much equipment. For 2 out of my 3 nights , 2 of the 3 treadmills were not working. I made do with the equipment that was there though.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Farmingtion
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My wife reserved this hotel as a deal via Expedia. My response was: "Why are we staying near Wall St. when we want to spend our time in mid-town?" Well, this place was worth the effort. GREAT view of Freedom Tower and the 911 Memorial. 2 blocks from the subway and plenty of cab service if you prefer. Our kids (10 & 7) enjoyed sleeping on the pullout (and they did say it was comfortable... for them) with a view of the skyline. Our bed was nice as well. Of course, Hurricane Sandy did a number on this part of NYC and so there wasn't as much to see as one might have hoped. But, we were close to the Southern TKTS office (and got tickets for a show), had no problem getting to Times Square or the Nat. Hist. Museum. Overall, this ended up being a really good place to stay.

Room Tip: Our corner room had almost 180 views of the city.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

This Hotel in the WORLD TRADE CENTER area stands tall on service and location and is a WORLD CLASS HOTEL. For personal reasons I have not wanted to visit this area ever since 911. I am glad i did come and glad I stayed here. The hotel has a lot to offer and space is one of them. From the business center to the roof top view to the service. The room we had was bigger than most NYC rooms. The staff did anything they could to make our stay a good one. The view over looking the 911 memorial is breath taking....just thinking of what was once there at one time. THANKS for making it perfect

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I had a great experience at this hotel. From the moment we walked through the door, my family and I were greeted with positivity, courtesy, and professionalism.

Our flight arrived early in the morning and although a room was not yet available, Irene at the front desk offered to hold our bags for us. She was so accommodating and called me to tell me when our room was ready. We got to explore the city at our leisure and when we got back we saw that our bags had already been placed in the room for us; safe and sound!

The food and staff at the restaurant were amazing and the views of the memorial and the city were breathtaking. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Value for money - very comfortable and well located in near World Trade Centre. Easy access to shopping in Tribeca, SoHo, etc.
Hotel had good parking in nearby lot.
Comfortable beds and good sized room with kitchenette.
Free WiFi with good speed and capacity.

Room Tip: room with kitchenette and pull out couch for children.
Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel accommodates nice spacious looking rooms with kitchenette. I had one on 8, with a breathtaking view of ground Zero and the memorial basins.

Very nice rooftop bar looking two separate ways. East River on one side and Ground Zero on the other. So this is a super hotel on lower manhattan with a perfect location. No restaurant as such, but there is a sublet to Mortons in the building, which is nice. Otherwise plenty of choices nearby.

Breakfast is OK, but the price is to steep (50$). I very quickly found alternatives in nearby diners.

Lounge with complimentary sodas and coffee. though not working in the weekend.

All in all a solid business hotel, which also will work for a family on holiday.

Room Tip: Ground Zero view is a must.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Boston MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

I will start this by saying, I'm not that picky. I will share a bathroom, frayed carpets don't bother me, small rooms, who cares, we're there to sleep! But this hotel: I think the walls are made of paper, seriously. I could hear the frequent very late cell phone calls of the woman next door, the thumping of someone playing the radio at 3AM and the shouts, jeers, screams of bar goers leaving the bars nearby (found a lot of sidewalk barf evidence to support this while walking around the next morning) Plus, hotel goers, what's up with not quietly closing doors at 2 and 3AM?? The doors were constantly slamming and we heard every single ping, cough, gyration. Really felt awful walking around NYC after a night like that. I was hoping because of the decent rate and the location, it would be a good experience. Otherwise it's not a bad hotel, I think the way the rooms are oriented (they have these little hallways with two room doors very close together, one opens to the left, one to the right) just is acoustically bad. It's clean, etc. but this is the worst stay I've had in NYC. For the price, I wanted to love it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple