“The REAL Runners High!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #89 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“The REAL Runners High!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Looking for an amazing hotel with great rooms, tasty foods and top-notch staff? LOOK NO FURTHER!!! The Club Quarters/World Trade Center is one the best hotels in NYC. And that's a big deal considering it's located the Big Apple and rivals hotels as The Andaz Hyatt, Millenium Hilton, Marriott Downtown and The Pierre!
Two things set it apart from those aforementioned hotels restaurant it has a spectacular view of the 9/11 Memorial. A view that is both memorizing and quaint. The servers Ramon and Jorge are the best ever! They always greet me with a big smile and warm hospitality!
Then there's management. Albert and Edward continue to raise the bar on excellence and professionalism. There's no better and accommodating bunch than those two guys.
Please believe me when I tell you that when I run the NYC Marathon again, I'll be RIGHT back where I belong....Club Quarters World Trade Center. See you guys soon :)

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank HisTyNess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at Club Quarters WTC for 3 nights during a recent business trip. They had a room available immediately for me (which I always appreciate), with a great view of the WTC site. The room was very clean, and I was upgraded as well. The room had a king size bed, but it was pretty hard. The bathroom area was a walk through from the bed area to separate desk/couch area. It was a nice touch! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The area around the hotel is undergoing a great deal of construction for obvious reasons, so this made walking around the area a little more difficult to navigate. There is also a great deal of tourists in the area as well due to the proximity to the WTC site, which also makes it more difficult to walk around or to/from the office. Overall, a very nice hotel very close to the office I was visiting. I would stay here again for my next business trip to this area. For a personal trip, I'm still more inclined to stay in Midtown.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor facing the WTC site.
Enkoping, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

It is my fifth stay at this hotel. It is an average hotel with a nice bar at the top. That is why I return. But now it is my forth night for this trip and EVERY night the top bar (View of the World) has beem closed for different private parties. Next NY-trip I will pick another hotel. If you go here for the view, make sure it is open. Otherwise check prices. A fair price and it could be worth it, otherwise pick another hotel

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Club quarters are pretty straightforward and I enjoy this one for our work downtown. It's usually pretty loud into the evenings with construction, but the rooms are comfortable, have what you need, and make work travel pretty simple. The restaurant has a great view and more restaurants are popping up around it, making the location even more desirable in the last year. If you are looking for frills, you won't find them, but it has everything you need.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed as a family for 4 nights, my Dad was on business and my Mum and I joined him for a bit of New York fun. My Dad had booked us a suite, specifically asking for an adjoining room for me. When we arrived they said that an adjoining suite was not available, so put me in a room on my own, which was okay, but they weren't exactly apologetic about their mistake.

The room was small, but clean and practical. There was plenty of earl grey tea available, both in the room and in a cupboard at the end of the hall, for which I was very grateful, being British and afflicted with a terrible tea addiction.

The breakfast was good, and the view was nice - you can see the WTC memorial, some nice skyscrapers and a bit of the river. The shower was also pretty good.

The main problems with the hotel were the exit signs, the staff, and the Elevator.

The Exit signs were presumably intended to direct people to safety should there be an emergency - they all hung at regular intervals from the ceiling in the corridor, but it still wasn't clear at all where the exit actually was. There was one sign that hung just outside my bedroom door, which would give the impression, during a fire or other emergency, that everyone should congregate in my room - there wasn't a fire escape or anything in there, and the room wouldn't hold many people, so this made me a little uneasy. This exit sign was also hanging precariously by its wires, which meant that I had to flatten myself against the wall when passing it, in case it fell off and landed on my head, killing me in an incredibly ironic accident. I mentioned this to the staff, but whoever came to fix it didn't do a good job because it was hanging again a few hours later.

The staff were kind of rude. First, they weren't apologetic about the room mix-up. Not that it was terrible, but even just a 'sorry about that' would have made a little bit of a difference. And it wouldn't have mattered, but then they made another mistake, whereby they stopped our keycards from working after only three nights so that we couldn't access our rooms. And despite having first curtly told me I should have checked out already before realising their mistake, and taking ages to sort it out, while I (who suffers from a chronic illness) had to wait by the front desk desperately needing to lie down, they didn't even say sorry or offer me a seat, which wasn't very nice.

And thirdly, while I was sleeping in my room, I was awoken by a phone call from the front desk, looking for someone called Vic (I'm not Vic). When they realised their mistake, they didn't apologise, just hung up on me. Which was also rude.

Finally, one of the worst problems was the sentient, and mischievous, elevator. Like a lot of hotels, to use the elevator you needed to insert your key card before being able to access any of the floors. But this elevator sometimes didn't like your keycard, sometimes it wouldn't recognise it, sometimes it would. Sometimes you would say you wanted to go up, and the elevator would laugh at you and say 'going down'. One morning, I spent 20 minutes going up and down in the elevator, which was embarrassing because I'd only wanted to go to the vending machine and I was in my pyjamas. So the simple process of going from your room to the lobby or to the restaurant became fraught with anxiety and provided an unwanted reminder of the potential lurking threat to humankind from machine intelligence.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Saratoga Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Once again I stayed at club quarters wtc for business and due to my work schedule (overnight shift for 3 weeks) I needed to sleep during the days. Albert made sure that I had a room that was quiet and well away from hotel traffic and Lai set me up with a sleep aid kit and ensured that I wouldn't be bothered during the day time hours. I am very appreciative of these two and know that when I come to Nyc, they will treat me like family. Thanks again club quarters and thanks to all of your staff.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Joep72
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel is very well located just across the Sept. 11 memorial. It is two blocks away from the subway. It is a very modern hotel, with very nice facilities. Compared to other hotels in Manhattan, this one with difference the best one I have ever been. Prices for my stay were reasonable (NYC-standard).

1 Thank Alberto163