“Nice meal, great value”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Manhattan
Cross street: 61st Street
Transit: N,R,Q to 59th Street & Fifth Ave, F train to 63rd Street and 6 train to 59th Street and Lexington Avenue.
UK
“Nice meal, great value”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I walked in here on a whim for lunch - thought it might be too pricey given its reputation in London, but for what it was, the $30 prix fixe lunch menu was great value, $45 with wine accompaniments. Not very busy, pleasant atmosphere, attentive staff, simple tasty food. Best meal of the trip.

• Visited March 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Caprice for Breakfast”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Very New York, excellent food, great service. Decor from the 1930's, refurbished.

Visited January 2012
Jersey, United Kingdom
“spot of home cooking”
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Fish and chips ..simply done and well worth it. Staff are engaging and cocktails are a must

Visited December 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Shame”
Reviewed 24 December 2011

Well located in the old bar of the Pierre Hotel this restaurant fails to live up to the standards of its parent in London.

I arrived early afternoon for a quick lunch on the Sunday before Christmas. It was 80% empty. I sat at the bar and ordered a virgin Mary and a crocque monsieur. I had to ask for the menu, the drink and the order = the water behind the bar was too busy filling bottles to look after a customer, The virgin mary was disgusting - tons of horse radish but no spices or lemon. The CM arrived - black burnt bread and dried up topping. I sent it back and it was replaced. Served on its own on a large white plate it made a mockery of the French version. No garnish. no mini salad ore even half a tomato.A poor quality glass of red wine was $14.

I was reading the Times (their faxed copy) but my empty plate and glass remained uncleared for 30 minutes.

I called for a bill to find I had been charged for a bloody mary not a virgin,

I won't return in a hurry and my views were recognised by many of my friends in NYC,

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Simon63
Boston
“okay for breakfast”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I had coffee and oatmeal and both were just okay. I was staying at the hotel, it was raining, and I didn't feel like wandering off for breakfast. The oatmeal lacked substance or texture and seemed a little runny to me. I liked that it came with really good maple syrup and bananas, but it was still just okay. The wait staff was very nice.

Visited November 2011