my experience with Hilton in Fashion District is really mixed on both good and bad, let me share what happened coming from an Asian.
1. I went over early before check in time, so i left my luggage with the hotel and went to woodsbury for shopping spree. I'm not used to the culture of tipping coming from where i am from (everything has service charges in the total bill) so i didnt tip.
When I arrive back from shopping with 1 luggage bag and 7 to 8 bags of clothes, the bellboy handed me my luggage bag and expect me to go up to the hotel room myself, because i didnt tip him earlier. Imagine this, 2 Big luggage bag (1 i bought from woodsbury), 1 backpack, and 7 - 8 bags of clothes. I cant even walk on a straight line, they just smile and walk off.
2. I was checked into a room that is at the end of row (not my preferred room as listed in my hhonours membership) and to make the thing worst, the room is facing the main road, I basically have to put my noise cancelling headphone on just to sleep.
3. I complained to the hotel, they manage to get me a new room, which is on level 7 facing the back , which is 500 times better.
4. Tipping, knowing that it's a culture there, i started to tip, and the service is much better, the bell boys was so efficient, taking my bags when i checked out, and getting me a cab and arranging my bags in the cab and making sure that they close my cab door. I just wish i know about this earlier.
so morale of the story is. start giving 2 dollar tip to the bellboys and make your life easier
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton New York Fashion District offers stunning design, exemplary service and four-star amenities in the heart of the Fashion District. Located on West 26th Street just off of 7th Avenue, in one of Manhattan's most sought-after neighborhoods, Hilton New York Fashion District is just steps away from the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden, Herald Square and the world's largest Macy's. Walk to New York City's best restaurants, nightlife, and shopping, as well as experience the Chelsea Piers, Times Square, Broadway theaters, Jacob Javits Convention Center and trendy neighborhoods such as SoHo, TriBeCa and Greenwich Village. Hilton New York Fashion District offers stylish guest rooms plus a full-service restaurant, RARE Bar & Grill, a rooftop bar with breathtaking views, a 24/7 fitness center, business center and three meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton New York Fashion District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New York Fashion District Hotel New York City