“Great location, but just an ok hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton New York Fashion District

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #160 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Abington, Massachusetts
“Great location, but just an ok hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

My partner and I stayed here from 11/30-12/2 and we really enjoyed the great location and the friendly service on the part of the desk clerks and the bellman. They were kind, courteous, and always helpful. The concierge was also very nice, but completely useless when it came to giving any kind of suitable advice. When asked about neighborhood restaurants for dinner and breakfast, we waited while she looked up some locations, but could not speak with any authority about any of them. Similarly, we were interested in getting a driver for the evening and she was clueless as to how to do this. I'm not all together sure this is her fault, perhaps she needs more or better training.
The room was clean and small (but it's NYC so that's to be expected), however the towels and linens weren't really up to the quality I've come to expect from Hilton. The towels were small, coarse, and tattered. They really should be ashamed of themselves for providing such poor quality linens especially when you're paying $500/night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 12 December 2012
Thank you for this review and feedback on Hilton New York Fashion District. I regret to hear that the service you received by the Concierge staff did not meet your expectations. I apologize that the same quality service was not extended to you during your stay. I have passed on your comment to our Director of concierge so that further training may take place. Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton New York Fashion District during your visit to New York City and I hope for a chance to regain your confidence in us.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

We had a quick trip into New York for a Christmas party and stayed at the Fashion Distract Hilton. Very close to everything, hip & cool hotel vibe, friendly staff, nice clean rooms even though little on the small size, fast elevators but having to scan your key first was ignoring (forgot and we where up to 22nd then gradually got back down), love the valet parking for its location and Rare restaurant had good burgers but service tad slow. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Walls are tad thin, recommend the lobster burger at Rare!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
denver, co
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

The location's great! You can walk to midtown or the village, and easily to Penn Station. The lobby was small and while the front desk couldn't check in the group in front of me, she was great checking me in at 11am on a Saturday morning. She was friendly, efficient, professional, and gave use three gifts which our kid loved. I was told that the view was bad (could have checked in later for a better view but wanted the room now). It was. Just terrible but it's NYC and every room can't have a great view. The room was small but beds were comfy, bathroom was well appointed, and tiny closet had a safe. I paid $150 for a two bed room when the rest of the city was about $75 more and I was very happy.

They have a cool rooftop bar and while my kid couldn't go up there, the manager offered to take us up during the day while they were closed so my kid could see the view. It was great (& great service)!

Check out was fast and they checked our bags wiki wiki. How do you make up for a miserable view, provide great service and make me feel valued. I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for this detailed, wonderful response and feedback! We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another perfect stay!

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

Stayed here for Black Friday shopping weekend, great check in . The room was bigger than I expected but sorry the cleaning was not up to standad, I found hairs on the sink and finger marks on the doors and dust on the light fittings. The bed were really comfortable.
I would say a good location to stay , minutes from Madison square gardens. There are some good places for breakfast on the way to the tube station.
The room was dark and I dont think the black furniture helps. Not really that good for 2 ladies to get ready to go out as only one mirror in bathroom , there is one on the back of the bathroom door but its too dark in the room to see properly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are striving to provide exceptional service on a consistent basis so thank you for this feedback.
I would definitely pass on your comment to our Director of Engineering.
We know you have many choices when staying in New York City so we thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District. Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure an exceptional stay!

Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2012

My wife ( of 26+yrs. ) always wanted wanted to go to the Macy's T-Day parade (a "bucket list" item), I don't much like cities and vowed I'd never go to N.Y. So for her 50th B-Day I surprised her with a 4 day trip to the Big Apple and stayed at this Hilton. She loved it! I booked it 13 months out so I got a great rate (For N.Y.) The decor was maybe not my style but she said it was very cool, sort of a late 60's early 70's retro-look. I hate it when my childhood memories are now "retro"! Good walking distance from Times Square, several Subway stations, Shopping, the cool variety of "burgs"/unique neighborhoods and a variety of great places to eat. Staff did great job and the rooftop bar is cool, (could use some munchies, which I suggested and they said they would pass along) I am not "backwoods" but I am more of a skier, hiker, biker etc. more used to being more "self reliant" than a "New Yorker" but I never felt unsafe walking in the neighborhood around the hotel. I would stay here again, I have no relative perspective for what a "N.Y. city" hotel should be like but I was told I got a super rate and everything else was very much on target for this type of hotel in this location should be. We had a car service both to and from the airport which they helped coordinate as well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

Meeting room en c-3 was very poor. Not addapted to hold 40 people. Air conditionning not working well: Sometimes it was too cold and then too hot. Screen on the wall for the presentation is very small and was impossible to see the slides from the back of the room.

Card key system for the elevator not working well. Several times the card was not properly read and it was impossible to stop at the wright floor.

Once my key was not working in my room (18th floor) and needed to go to the reception to ask to reitinialise the key.

the service on the restaurant is very poor. During one lunch, they did a mistake taking the order and we have to wait for almost one hour to get a salar and an hambourger... One of the person in the table never got his order. The only answer we have received it was "sorry sirs, the kitchen is fully booked ..."

For sure is the last time I organized a business meeting in this hotel. This was the worst experience in my life.

Room Tip: Do not do a business meeting here
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Enrique M
Thank you for taking a moment to express your many concerns. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. Too that end, if you will contact me directly at ahram.suh@hilton.com I will certainly make it a point to regain your confidence.
Thank you for staying with us.

Guest Relations Manager
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

We stayed at the "Hilton fashion district" for Black Friday shopping weekend. The staff was very friendly and extremely accommodating with an early check in. My wife is a clean freak and this is one of the few hotel rooms we stayed in that she had zero complaints about the cleanliness. The bed was so comfortable that I didn’t want to get up in the morning. The hotel is in a great location for a shopping trip in Chelsea and at Macy’s.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple