“Great place, helpful staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton New York Fashion District

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #162 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Great place, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

First off, the place was great. Prime location, tons of stuff around the area, very central. Rooms were a good size, especially for the price.

We had left a pair of shoes in the room, but didn't notice until a week later. I called up the hotel, and they had them in lost and found. The housekeeping manager, Michael Schiller, shipped them back to us and saved the day!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Jason F,

Thank you for the awesome review.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel as well as location.
Thank you for mentioning Michael, our Housekeeping Manager has providing exemplary service during your stay.
I will definitely share your comment with our team members!
Do not hesitate to contact me when you are visiting NYC so we can ensure another great stay!

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Rooms were in great shape. Recently redone which is great. Good size rooms.Service and cleanliness also good. Personnel were helpful and kind. Something not always found in the city of New York. Ask for Melissa!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Roberto W,

We are thrilled to read that we were able to make such a great impression on you!
Many thanks for the kind comments about our staff and room features.
We will definitely share your survey with Melissa, our Front Office Manager!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back and create another memorable stay with us.
Thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District!

New Orleans
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

For a long Easter weekend in New York City, I chose to try the Hilton New York Fashion District after lengthy researching through TripAdvisor. Since I would be using HHonors points for my stay, I wanted to make sure it would be worth it. There are obviously numerous Hilton family properties in and around NYC and the better the location in Manhattan, the more points (or dollars) the property costs. The positives: the hotel is new and as such the quality of rooms, bathrooms, furniture, etc. is excellent. The service was also top notch; I received a welcome e-mail from a real, live guest-services coordinator (perhaps because of my Hilton Gold status), but still a welcome gesture. Front desk staff, bellman, and breakfast buffet staff were all courteous, prompt, and pleasant. The location of the hotel is a plus -just three blocks from Penn Station and Madison Square Garden, two blocks from a subway stop. Midtown by definition is a central place to be in NYC since you're between the financial district and the Central Park area, and this hotel is good for that. The only negative is that the rooms, even the upgraded on I had, are very small. But most hotels in NYC have small rooms, and who spends a lot of time in their room anyway in New York? I did utilize the breakfast buffet, which was complimentary with my stay, but not sure if I would pay for that. Did not check out the roof top bar, but it definitely seemed popular. I would stay here again if I needed this location in NYC. Trip Advisor reviews were accurate and helpful for this stay.

Room Tip: If you can get higher up, there is the possibility of a view of the Empire State Building.
1 Thank changeslattitudes
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear changeslattitudes,

Thank you for such an awesome review!
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
I will definitely share your great comments about our wonderful hospitality and service.
Do not hesitate to contact me when you are planning to come back to NYC so I can assure you another great stay with us!
Thank you for staying with Hilton New York Fashion District!

Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here only one night on business. The location is great, and I was able to walk to an awesome off-broadway play starring Ethan Hawke. I had an amazing dinner downstairs in their restaurant. The room was on the small side but very chic and clean. They provided ear plugs on the nightstand (which I didn't end up needing). I had purchased food at a store and found that my room did not have a refrigerator. After calling the front desk, they had one delivered to my room right away. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonNYFashion, Front Office Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Atperts,

Thank you so much for sharing your outstanding experience. We hope when your travels bring you back to New York City.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

great hotel ...good location.. subway friendly.. staff were excellent.. concierge service for directions were friendly and efficient.the check in personnel..the face of any hotel... one gentleman in particular was very friendly..sadly i did not catch his name but he is a man of colour who was working the day shift the week-end we were there apr-18-apr-20... ..he was very friendly and approachable...and most impressively he remembered my name at all times... a sign of a professional..
the room was a little on the small side but very clean and well appointed.. the roof top raw bar affords an excellent nighttime view of the city...
i recommend this hotel without hesitation....

Room Tip: ask for a room over the 10th floor for a better view...
Dear John M.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We are so excited you had a wonderful experience. We hope when your travels bring you back to New York City you decide to stay with us.

We loved having you here!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

The room is very nice and clean, a little small, but the bathroom is large. My problem is that all the double rooms are on the back of the building and the view was of a wall. I am claustrophobic and the fact that I could not see ANY sky or sunlight was really difficult for me. When I asked the lady at the desk about changing rooms, she said to come back in the morning, she thought there would be an opening on the 22nd floor. But when I asked the next day there was a different woman was at the desk; and she said that because I had booked the room through a discount website, I could not switch rooms.

There is no lobby to speak of--it is mostly a restaurant. There are two computers tucked away for guests use--that was great. There are only two chairs and some padded benches for guests to hang out in--although I think that was mostly for the patrons of the restaurant. It was not a lobby that one would spend any time hanging out in, as it was cold and uncomfortable.

The roof top lounge and restaurant is only for adults, we had teens and they were not allowed to go there, even just to see the view. Saturday night is a big bar night, they have a bouncer with a walki-talki manning the elevator that goes to the roof top. The trendy restaurant is packed and there is a line for the lounge. We were never allowed to see the "incredible roof-top views!" So, no view from our room and no view from the roof top.

This hotel would be great if you were one or two people with a room on the front of the building it has a view of the street or a family on a high floor--which is extra. Any double rooms bought through any site besides the official Hilton site will get you a lower floor room with a view of a wall. Very prison like indeed.

Room Tip: Higher floors for the double rooms--otherwise you have a very dark room. Quiet, but dark.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Zoe C,

Thank for sharing your experience, my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with our staff. This is not the norm for our hotel and certainly not the type of service we strive to provide. Your feedback will be shared with the team and we will certainly make an effort to avoid this from happening in the future. I hope that you will still keep us in mind for any future New York City travel needs. I would love the opportunity to give you the "TRUE" Hilton New York Fashion District experience that I know our team is capable of delivering. If you need any further assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Sandisfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel has a great location being mid way between Times Square and Greenwich Village, Soho, and other parts of lower Manhattan. The staff are all quite friendly and accommodating and our room was fine. But, if you want a quiet bar or restaurant, look for another hotel. The lobby level bar/restaurant has booming music and only high-top tables. There is no cozy place for a drink. The rooftop bar is open in the evening and might have a great view. But when we walked out of the elevator we were assaulted by the loud, booming music. We left promptly without getting a chance to look out.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear 571Roxanne,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, I would like to take this moment and extend my sincere apology for the inconvenience you experienced with the loud music at the roof top bar. We truly hope when your travels bring you back to New York City, you decide to stay with us. Once again thank you for sharing your experience.