“Great value!”

Ranked #181 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Tampa, Florida
“Great value!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was really great! Only stayed one night. Rooms were very clean. It had everything we needed. I wish the mini bar refrigerator was such that you could put items in it but it wasn't. By no means was this a make or break deal. Bed was comfy. Bathroom was great! Clean,great toiletries. Bathroom had a sensor light which I though was a nice touch as I go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Came on automatically vs me trying to find it! My room was facing the street so it was a little nosey but that didn't bother me.
The girl at the front was not very warm and welcoming. She was efficient at getting me checked in early and coordinating bag pick up just not to friendly. Again not a make or brake it. Over all GREAT value for the city. Good location away from the craziness of mid town. I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Marleenrod
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Marleenrod,

Thank you for your fantastic review!
We are thrilled to know that you loved our location and that our staff provided you with exemplary service.
We hope to have you return and visit us again.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (575)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
west covina, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant. The rooms are nice. The concierge was very knowledgeable and super friendly. He helped guide us on our adventures through the city. The subway is close. The breakfast buffet was super yummy and affordable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Linda O,

Thank you so much for awesome 5 star review!
I will definitely share your compliments with our team.
Please let me know the next time you are planning a visit to NYC so that I can ensure another exceptional stay!
Thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just returned from 4 day mother/daughter Memorial Day weekend trip! This was my 5th trip to NY but first time staying in the city. I usually take train from Newark hotels.
Searched for NY hotel <$200/pn and found great deal on expedia. This location is between 6th and 7th avenue which is walking distance to many locales. Within it's immediate block, there isn't much but 2-4 blocks away you have Kornerstone Cafe, Argo Cafe, other eats and plenty of options just 2+ blocks over. When crossing 6th Ave on 26th Street, you can see World Trade building on clear day. Off 7th, lots of shops and some dining options. That's just what you have when you turn the corner....

Tried to take advantage of rooftop bar/dining when it didn't rain on Saturday or Memorial Weekend, but it was closed due to private party. A few blocks down at 23rd Street seems to get most of the subway lines, just depends on which train dictates which Ave. to catch it on. Taxis also easy to catch here as Holiday Inn and another hotel also on 26th.

RARE dining for appetizers and desserts was good. Chelsea shopping and dining near though we did not stop by (but saw how close from the taxi taken on rainy evenings). Google map how close it is to other locales. My teenager daughter and I walked all the way up to Rockerfeller even with no issue. Loved loved passing thru Madison Square a couple times, sitting on bench with either view of Flatiron or Empire State bldg. Bike rental location just off Madison Square if you are into biking thru city.

Area is more low-key ("less crowded") than the Times Square area which is a plus!

Room Quality:
- trendy but simple decor, comfy & clean bed
- standard room (for price I don't care), no view. It's NYC and a holiday weekend
- rarely if ever did we hear neighboring rooms and based on door placement, we are likely very close in proximity
- bathroom size decent and clean. Door to restroom just inches away from edge of the bed... that's how cozy room is.
- closet is tiny, but enough to hold 8 -12 hangers. I travel 25% of year so I know how to pack clothing for multiple outfits
- lobby staff... pretty bare but I'm going to NY to see the city and not be pampered by staff. Spend the $$$$ if you want that experience :)

Room Tip: Google map or Yelp for dining options nearby. If you can plan ahead, cross-reference subway map and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Myinbox125,

Thank you so much for a detailed review of your recent stay with us.
It’s great to know that you enjoyed convenience of the location as well as our hospitality.
Thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District and we hope to have you back again soon.

Daly City, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Accessible to subway and seems like half-way to most tourist spots. Don't get me wrong, the room is tiny, but that's pretty much what you get in NYC unless you want to pay for a ridiculous price for one. Their staff is awesome as well, breath of fresh air and always helpful Gotta give a shout out to Christine and the really good looking bellhop guy. Always smiling and willing to go the extra mile. Actually, all staff we encountered did. We had a great time in the Big Apple and a fab stay. Keep it up!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonNYFashion, Front Office Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
celesteandi,

I am glad you had a great stay and everything was convenient. We truly loved having you here!

Houston, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel before and it was so nice that we wanted to stay here again. This stay was just as nice as the last time. Convenient location, reasonable price, clean, nice bathroom products, comfortable bed. The staff was very nice. The lobby area is nice. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Robert K,

It was great having you here! We hope to see you in the near future! We truly love having you here!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I travel to New York a good deal and marvel at how much the block and the surrounding neighborhood have changed in the past 3-5 years. I began staying in this area as the Vamoose bus from DC starts about five minutes from my home and drops me off at 30th and Seventh Avenue, a two minute walk from this hotel. And, of course, this is a block or two from Penn Station, where I end up after taking the train should the bus not work. There are now a wide variety of bars and restaurants that serve local - expensively not this is NYC - so you do not need to take a taxi or subway or walk more than a few minutes for dinner or a drink. And given the proximity to the train and bus stops, you can save a bunch on taxis. I am focusing on this convenience because the hotel is just that, a hotel. Excellent service, it has a bar and breakfast and WiFi and so on. It appears to be newly renovated and was immaculate. Any downsides? The AC/heat turns on and off with some gusto, I wear earplugs on the road, you may want to take this into consideration. The room service and bar are ridiculously expensive compared to what you can walk to, as to be expected, and if you are expecting a room that is as big as the one you will get in some Tea Party state, forget it, this is New York. Oh, they charge for WiFi, turn your smart phone into a hotspot, cell service was excellent in my room. Bottom line: I will be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for one!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Michael S,

We are so glad you had a wonderful time. I would like to apologize in the areas we fell short on. Please know we will make sure we improve on all areas. We truly hope to see you in the near future.

CT
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Although the rooms are small, the location allowed me to walk to art fairs, film opening, Garage Flea Market, quilt show, and great restaurants. I definitely will stay here again. Next time I'll try to get an upgrade for a more spacious room.

• Stayed May 2014
Artbrut,

Thank you so much for sharing you experience on tripadvisor, we truly loved having you here!