“Convenient hotel in New York”

Hilton New York Fashion District
Ranked #176 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London, UK
“Convenient hotel in New York”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I came to stay at this hotel for a five night City break with my wife and we were not disappointed. The location is excellent for exploring NY with three subway lines and Penn Station just a few blocks away. We had some issues with our booking when we arrived which the staff sorted out very efficiently. I'm sure being a Diamond Hilton Honours member helped, but we were very pleased with professionalism of the staff after an eight hour flight. The hotel is fairly modern with small (like most rooms in NY), but clean and well appointed rooms with very nice bathrooms and comfortable beds. Our room on the 19th floor had a lovely view of the Empire State Building. It can be a little noisy at times but this is NY and no different to other hotels I have stayed in in the city. The hotel has a pretty good roof bar which can get quite lively on the weekend and is a good starting point for a night out. It is a little cumbersome to get in as hotel guest seed to queue with non guests but never too much of an issue. Would happily stay at this hotel again on my next visit to NY.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear jpi74,

Thank you for your recent stay with us.
We are happy to know you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
We are also glad to hear you like our speakeasy Chelsea location.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon.
Thank you for choosing Hilton New York Fashion District!

Ahram Suh
Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (585)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 June 2014

To me this was very centrally located to the places I needed to visit while in Manhattan. I was able to walk (if you choose to do so) to many places to eat and visit. I found that the restaurant on the premises was beyond adequate and especially my complimentary breakfast was outstanding! I ended up getting a special rate and double the points for roughly $119/night. I was not complaining about that considering it was a hilton and had a modern feel to it being that you are in the fashion district. Definitely an option when in town.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room so high up as they have activities on the roof.
1 Thank SteveTravels365
HiltonNYFashion, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear SteveTravels365,

Thank you for the nice review!
We are thrilled to hear that you had a great time with us.
We would look forward to having an opportunity to welcome you back and delivering the level of product and service you have every right to expect from Hilton New York Fashion District.

Ahram Suh
Guest Services Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Nice stay at the Hilton for one evening. Booked through Hotels.com so figured I would get the interior closet room. Was small but well appointed. Comfortable bed. Clean. Looks to be a somewhat newer property. Convenient to Penn Station and subway close by.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HiltonNYFashion, Front Office Manager at Hilton New York Fashion District, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Cctoad,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience. We hope to see you soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

It was a great experience staying at Hilton NY Fashion District. Great location, walkable distance to all the attractions in Manhattan.The rooms were clean, modern. Most of all, the staff were amazingly friendly. Here, I have to thank Michael Schiller for taking care of my ipad which I left behind after check out. I just received it via FedEx. Thank you! Definitely we will stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Wangvv,

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience. Please know we will make sure we recognize Michael for his great work. We are all about providing the best service to our guest. We truly hope to see you again when your travels bring you to New York City.

Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Staff was friendly- gave great subway directions... Roof top bar was a blast... Clean rooms... Comfy bed... Quick elevators... Will hold your bags before and after check out... Love love love love this hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Kate P,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we are thrilled you enjoyed your time, we hope to see you again in the near future!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was chosen for me fo a business trip, but I would definately choose to go back there again myself.
My room was on the 5th floor and looked into the centre of the surrounding buildings, so not so attractive and did make the room dark. However I wasn't in there much so it was fine, and also once the blinds were shut and the lamps on it was lovely.
The room although close to the lift was also very quiet which was a nice suprise, and I had 3 great nights sleep.
The room facilities were excellent - a good coffee machine, great shower, comfortable bed. The staff were friendly and helpful too.
Breakfast was either from the well stocked buffet, or from the menu, all pretty good.
I got to the roof top bar once, but unfortunately not at night so couldn't experience the views. The roof top bar was very busy, very noisy and the drinks were served in plastic glasses which doesn't add to a great cocktail experience. I understand the safety aspect of plastic glasses but as someone in the trade themselves I know that very good quality hard plastic glasses can be commonly found now which would give a better customer experience.
WiFi was free in the lobby and $15 per day from the room.
It was a great stay and I would highly recommend it.

Debbie K,

First and for most thank you so much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. We apologize for the areas we fell short on, please know we will make sure we try to improve it. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to New York City.

Houston, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I chose this hotel primarily because of location and I wanted a well-known branded hotel. Location was excellent with easy access uptown or downtown. Neighborhood was good. My room was on the street side and I was awakened middle of night by rowdies out on the street. But I was very pleased with how quite the hotel was overall. No slamming doors and noisy plumbing to wake me up. While I was there for business, I would definitely bring my family back here for a leisure trip.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sherry F,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am glad you found our property to be convenient for you. In addition, I would like to take this moment and extend my sincere apology for the street noise. Please know if your travels bring you back to New York City we truly hope to decide to stay with us.

We loved having you here!