“Awesome place!!”
Review of 710 Guest Suites

We can't find prices for this accommodation
710 Guest Suites
Austin, Texas
“Awesome place!!”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I didn't expect a beautiful renovated and innovative duplex to be a state of art home. There was a bowl of fruits and bottle of wine with glasses welcoming us..
Extremely well equipped kitchen with coffee ground, spices, oil etc being available.
A beautiful barbecue grill at the patio. Few steps to the subway. A great place for a family gathering or a business retreat. You would have no regrets. The owner is easily available if you have any questions. Have washing machine and dryer down another floor. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I booked apartment 3 for 7 nights as we were travelling to NYC for the first time to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. We wanted to stay away from the tourist traps but still be comfortable and chose these apartments based on it's great reviews. It turned out to be everything we had hoped for.

From JFK it was an easy connection from the airtrain to the subway and the A train took us all the way uptown to 145th St station which you exit and then walk about 30m to the front door of the apartments, great location. Of course you could catch a cab from the airport but we prefer the subway experience and if you enjoy people watching then this is the thing to do. When you exit the subway at 145th you enter a real life vibrant Harlem neighborhood, what a cool place. The locals are a pretty friendly bunch and we never once felt unsafe even when returning home late at night.

Owner Michael was waiting for us when we arrived as I had text him when we left JFK and he was a most gracious and entertaining host. The apartment was beautiful and as it looked on the online photos. It had a homely feel which you just don't get in a hotel room. Michael provided a lot of local knowledge and was always available if we had any questions. My favourite spot was sitting on the front window sill watching the street life along St Nicholas Ave. The back balcony was also a great spot in the morning sun however we did not spend a lot of time in the apartment as we were out til all hours doing NYC! Importantly, the apartment was quiet and little noise was heard from the busy streets except for the emergency services who seem to enjoy "whooping" their sirens. The quietness was appreciated as we rapidly slipped into NY mode, out late and sleeping in.

For all you coffee addicts out there, we found a great local cafe called "The Chipped Cup" a few blocks walk away on Broadway and started most days there kick starting the brain. Harlem Public is also a cool little bar worth checking out for an awesome range of beers on tap and fantastic burgers, it gets busy though.

We bought a 7 day subway pass which also covers the bus network and found this got us everywhere we wanted to go without any drama and again, always felt safe. If you grab the express A train you will be in Times Square in 15-20min. There is an amazing diversity of people on public transport and despite getting busy at peak hours I was blown away how polite the locals were, even the beggars and street performers were amazingly polite.

Shopping in NY is awesome of course but one of the best shops we found was a local clothing store on Broadway which stocked the True Religion brand jeans my wife was after. Madison Ave this area is not but we like to support local businesses if possible and there are some hidden jems if you poke around. We were served by a super cool hispanic lady who should come to Australia and teach retailers here how to provide great service and walked out with way more than we planned.

In short, if you are looking for great apartment style accommodation in a vibrant safe "real life" New York suburb then this is the place to book, you won't be disappointed. Thanks to Michael for his wonderful hospitality and also for allowing us to store our bags on the last day due to our late flight out. We hope to get back one day.

Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Scott S
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed in unit 3 from the 20th till 27 March 2013 with my daughter, husband and 2 friends. This was our first time travelling the the USA.. What a gem we found here... 5 star rating is well deserved.

From the first contact with the owner Michael to leaving the apartment the service was exceptional as is the apartment itself. The booking process is very easy, well explained and communication excellent. The apartment is bigger than it looks pictured is spotlessly clean, very comfy couches with plenty of seating.

The kitchen and bathroom are really well equipped with everything you need. Plus the extra touches that make 710 quest suites the best in NYC like beautiful soap and wine and flowers...

How amazing our stay was In New York. !!!!!

The bedding is very comfortable and the bedrooms are just lovely lots of hanging space, great lighting and a lovely outlook. Michael goes out of his way to ensure all the little extras are available to you when you arrive, taxi numbers, restaurants to visit , discount vouchers the list goes on.

I visited with my husband and teen-aged daughter as well as another couple, we found we had plenty of space and never once heard the other tenants even though all apartments were full. Being on the third floor be prepared to walk up stairs, after a week of doing this is becomes very easy but the first day with our luggage was a killer... really knew how unfit I was!!!!

The neighbourhood is fabulous, always felt safe, as others have said all conveniences just out the front of the brownstone, The Underground, ( which is brilliant gets you down-town so quick on the express) chemist/drug-store, restaurants, food and vegs..

I have to say as a Coffee snob I found it really hard to get good coffee anywhere in the US.. I think we are very spoilt in Australia when it comes to great coffee, but having said that coffee is available on most corners.. Starbucks everywhere.

I have to say a big thank-you to Tracy who was there to greet us when we arrived, she had the apartment so warm on a freezing day in NYC.. And was so very welcoming I felt very fortunate.. Thanks Tracy !!

So in conclusion DON'T HESITATE TO BOOK... you will not regret staying at this beautiful apartment.. I hope one-day to be fortunate enough to come back.. I have told all my family and friends to stay..

PERFECT IN EVERYWAY... thats guys
Kym anf family Australia

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank daughterash
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We are a family of four from the UK, with kids aged 14 & 11. Booked on the strength of the glowing reviews on TripAdvisor I must admit I was still a little concerned that the apartment might be a little too “uptown” or that Harlem might be a rather dodgy neighbourhood. I needn’t have worried on either count. First of all, what’s not obvious from some of the reviews is how easy and quick it is to get the (very safe) subway down to central/downtown Manhattan – the subway is 2 minutes from the apartment and it’s only 2 or 3 stops & less than 15 minutes to get to mid-town. The neighbourhood is safe and actually very interesting and historic – the owner Michael (who as everyone else has already reported is incredibly helpful and welcoming) suggests a little walking tour of the locality which is well worth it. The apartment itself was just superb – roomy, well-stocked, tastefully decorated, large flat screen TV (big plus with the kids), Wifi (even bigger plus) – it was so lovely to have a proper “home” for the family to return to and crash out after a day’s sightseeing around NYC. Oh, and you can walk to the Yankees stadium from here too. Thanks Michael for a making our trip so fantastic - I will be recommending 710 Guest Suites to everyone I know!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GreenBob2010
Singapore
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Awesome place! My family and I arrived at the duplex suite (suite 2) after a long flight from Singapore on 15th March 2013. We were really impressed. It had almost everything we need. Nice interior, well furnished, everything looks so new, amazing design. From the living area, dining area, kitchen, bedrooms, to the toilets, everywhere is just so comfortable.
Michael welcomed us warmly and made us felt so at home. Instructions on what nots were clear and he even provided guides that made our stay easier. Eg: map of the neighbourhood, subway map, what is around the neighbourhood, restaurant around the neighbourhood and so on.
We stayed till 17th March, and came back again to stay from 24th March to 27th March. In between, from 18th to 23rd March, we travelled to Boston, DC and Orlando, but Michael was such a gem such that he allowed us to keep the luggage we did not bring, in one of the rooms of the suite.
Overall, I would describe the stay as an experience of a lifetime. I will definitely stay here again should I visit NYC again. Location's perfect, subway with 4 lines is literally round the corner(30steps). Neighbourhood is great as well. Definitely will recommend to whoever who visits NYC! 100%satisfaction!!!=D

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank lanetar
Melbourne
Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

Thank you tripadvisor for telling me about this place! This was our third trip to NYC and had previously stayed in hotels with very tiny rooms, so I was a little worried about finding somewhere suitable now we were travelling with our 8 month old that didn't cost the earth. This place was perfect!

We spent 9 nights in the garden apartment and we were so impressed. It is really huge, by any standards, but in Manhattan it's simply amazing! There is a full kitchen, good sized bathroom with bath, seperate bedroom and large outdoor courtyard. There is a laundry downstairs which is shared with just one other apartment. The apartment was very stylishly decorated. Michael the owner was fabulous, very welcoming and full of suggestions of things to do and places to go.

We borrowed (at no cost) a nice portacot and high chair. It was so great having the space, kitchen, laundry and bath with a baby.

The subway is a couple of doors down and an express train will get you to midtown in about 12mins. There's a supermarket, pharmacy, Starbucks and some take-away places very nearby. A number of restaurants deliver to the apartment (also handy with bub!).

Like others I was initially nervous about Harlem, but we found it a safe and friendly neighborhood with lots of places to explore. We did a food walking tour on our first day and walked all over which made us feel very comfortable there.

We would highly recommend this place to anyone and hope to return ourselves one day.

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank newmrsmm
Happy Valley SA
Reviewed 12 December 2012

This was our first time to New York and after a very long flight from Australia Michael greeted us on the first night of our arrival and made us all feel very welcome.We were two families of 4 travelling together with teenagers.We stayed in suite 3 and 4 and there was plenty of room for everyone.The apartments are very comfortable and have everything you would need.Having a washing machine and dryer was fantastic. The kitchen is great we cooked a few times and with the supermarket just around the corner found everything we needed.Every morning my husband would walk to Starbucks for coffee less than a 5 minute walk from the apartment. The subway is on the corner and we had a 7 day pass and this was the best way to get around with a group of 8.The location is perfect with so many conveniences close by and we all felt very safe walking around at night. We were able to purchase wine from Australia at a store only 2 doors from our apartment very convenient after a long day out sight seeing.
Michael is very helpful and made sure we had everything we needed and was always available for tips on what to see and do. We will definitely stay here again the next time we come to New York.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Harlem
Aloft Harlem
Aloft Harlem
#236 of 467 in New York City

Been to 710 Guest Suites? Share your experiences!