The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mela(New York City)
  • Restaurant
AKA Times Square(New York City)
  • Fitness centre
  • Room Service
Night Theater District(New York City)
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
Hotel St. James(New York City)
  • Free Internet
Room Mate Grace(New York City)
  • Pool
1,227 results
All reviewsbutler serviceheated toilet seatred door spahead butlertimes squaretv in the mirrorart deco decornew yorkstarwood pointsrain showerjunior suitethe theater districtst regisan upgradefour seasonslobby bari highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I simply couldn't find fault with this Hotel. Just came back from a 2 night business trip to New York and took a chance with The Chatwal, which I had never actually heard of before. Now, I travel a lot particularly in the States and have stayed at some fabulous hotels but there is always something which tends to let you down. No so at The Chatwal - from my first greeting from the Doorman upon arrival to the farewell from the Desk upon departure, everything was absolutely perfect. The location was great, close enough to Times Square to be on top of everything, yet far enough to be quiet and discreet. The decor was beautiful, the service was impeccable, the staff (from cleaner to Manager) was faultless and the room, well, it was simply stunning. The 'Asprey's of London' toiletries symbolized the class of this place and the free wi-fi throughout the Hotel was a bonus - I wouldn't even have minded paying for it! I am desperate to think of some criticism, if only to prove that this review hasn't been placed by the managing director of Starwood, but I can't! When I return to New York later in the year, I will not even consider staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: All have the same amenities, just differ in size
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank sovgroup
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Just returned from 3 nights at The Chatwal for my wife's 40th birthday. Booked this hotel after reading reviews on trip advisor. I can't imagine how someone could have a bad experience here. I've stayed at high end hotels all over the country, and this was as nice as any I've experienced. The service was outstanding. The concierges Nick and Pierre helped me with an itinerary before we arrived. A surprise birthday pie for my wife was waiting on us in our room after a day touring the city. The location was perfect for us... very close to Times Square, yet you never knew it at night. We couldn't hear any noise from our room. We were tourists but felt like royal visitors! Our room was spacious (theater room) and the bathroom was unbelievable. The linens and attention to detail throughout the room were as good as it gets. The next time we visit New York we will stay here again because we know it's a sure thing.

Room Tip: Booked on booking.com, requested a room high up
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel7271
Reviewed 5 June 2011

this was our first family holiday in New York - we were staying for 5 nights, with two adults and two children (12 and 16 year old girls). After searching for a hotel that had joining rooms we found the Chatwal and booked a suite with two bedrooms and a lounge, and the price was lower than we expected. The rooms are recently decorated and all the facilities worked just fine (including the TV in the bathroom mirror and the heated loo seat!!). the hotel staff were very helpful and courteous - it made it a pleasure to return after a hard day of shopping and sigh seeing!. The hotel style is like somthing out of a Bogart movie and very art deco, but the street view does not do it justice - you need to go inside!
My wife and children have already asked to go back and they are not easily pleased - so this must be a good endorsement!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jon036
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I stayed at the Chatwal for two days based on Trip Advisor reviews. It was a great boutique hotel experience. The rooms are small but well done. The bathroom was a tight squeeze too, but with high-end finishes. Fitness room - same thing. The location is excellent - close to Times Square. On the downside, my wake up calls came 10-15 minute late in each of the two days I was there, and the toilet broke (not me, I swear) which added some stress to very tight schedule. They also forgot my newspaper which they said would be delivered each day. My rate came with daily continental breakfast at the hotel's restaurant - the basket of rolls and pastries were better than most bakeries I have ever visited - well done! Even with a couple of kinks, the overall experience was great and I'm already booked to stay there again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Get room away from the street
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank max_umami
Reviewed 2 June 2011

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, stayed last week of may for 3 nights. Very comfortable bed, great location, loved the bar and lounge, very luxerious. The staff was excellent. I will definitely be back. Oh and free wifi in the rooms, if you don't have a
Laptop u can use one of there's .

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple