1,293 results
All reviews butler service heated toilet seat red door spa times square art deco decor new york starwood points bathroom mirror the theater district rain shower junior suite st regis an upgrade turn down service bell staff lobby bar small hotel
Reviewed 25 April 2012

service was excellent, something you'd get at a St.Regis, Four Seasons or Mandarin.
Hotel is small which depending on your view could be charming or not. I enjoyed it,
Beds & linens are amazing which for me is my #1 priority at all hotels. Second, is Service and it lived up to that as well. My only suggestion is to get a room on a higher floor, I stayed on the 3rd floor which has high ceilings but is also close to the street
and I could hear some trucks picking up trash early in the morning. Mind you I'd normally be sleeping but I took a 4 hour nap so I couldn't sleep in the middle of the night. Nothing to be too concerned about and definitely not a reason to miss this place.

Lastly they have the best toilet seats, only in Asia do you see the washlet bidets so
this was a nice surprise. You will enjoy this place,

Room Tip: choose a high floor room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank stregis_11
Lance M, Front Office Supervisor at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Dear stregis_11,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay at The Chatwal.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel, our handmade mattresses with Frette linens, and the TOTO toilets.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to The Chatwal for a return visit in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently spent a long weekend in the City and fortunate enough to stay at this hotel on our Starwood Points.

Incredible hotel tucked away in Manhattan's theater district. Elegant, clean, comfortable and luxurious. A real treat ... in fact, my husband took pix of the bathroom <as you might never see a TV in the wall mirror like that again! hahaha!>

Staff both gracious and welcoming ... from the doorman, to the butler, to the front desk, to the custodial staff.

The wait staff for breakfast seating in the adjoining restaurant, The Lambs Club, was a bit slow for our tastes, but, overall this did not tarnish our impression of a quality and luxury NYC accomodation.

Would definitely stay there on our next trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kymmi-On_The_Go

Dear KCRR,

Thank you for your recent review of The Chatwal Hotel.

I am delighted to read you had a pleasant experience, enjoying some of the hi-tech features of the room such as the TV integrated in the bathroom mirror.

We do hope to have the pleasure of having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was fortunate enough to stay at the Chatwal for two nights. Despite it's theater district location, it was far from the madding crowd, yet steps to broadway on one side, fifth and madison shopping on the other. Restaurants are plentiful, BUT one need never leave as the bonus is that master chef Geoffrey Zakarian is not only responsible for the creative room service menu, but is the head chef of the Lamb's club restaurant. for you foodies Mr. Zakarian is an iron chef as well as frequent judge on "chopped". Plus, he is there daily for those of you who want to just stare at his gorgeous face. The Lamb's club and the building have an enormous history, but that's a story to learn once you meet the engaging staff. I became familiar with the lovely Elizabeth, the charming Lance, and Bernard the elegant butler who was available to tend to my every need. I have stayed at 5 stars in just about every city out there. I'm not a snob, but I want luxury. I'm not a fan of huge hotels. This hotel has maybe 80 rooms if that and I felt like a pampered guest. Also, as some of you are aware, when you enter a five star hotel and aren't dressed to the nines from a long flight, or a celebrity, the staff can have real attitude, or give you the once over. This was not the case. I was dressed casually as were another couple checking in and the front desk staff treated us as if we were royalty. As for the rooms? Unbelievable! They were crisp, clean, art deco and adorned with the best of luxuries from the creative mini bar items, to the TOTO toilets (you know which ones I'm talking about, if not look up what they do for you!) to the TV sets that magically appear in the mirror of the stunning bathrooms. Trust me, (despite not knowing me...) that if you want quiet luxury, this is your New York hotel. I recommend this for celebrities as they would have privacy, but it doesn't matter who you are as you will be treated as if you were a celebrity. I have stayed at all the best New York hotels, and for my money, there is no other. See for yourself!

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet!!!, the reason i didn't rate the spa was that i had no time, however if you are a starwood member, you get 25 percent off all spa treatments!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank accomadationiskey

Dear accommodationiskey,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to The Chatwal Hotel.

It was a sincere pleasure meeting you upon your arrival and, giving you a tour of the hotel and the history of the The Lambs Club. I will very much be looking forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can be of any assistance prior to your next visit.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed here 3 days, 2 nights recently =Friday, Sat, Sun. I must say it was a great time at this hotel. The staff are there to take care of all your needs from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave! I want to personally thank all of them and will be staying here on my next trip to NYC.

I was able to secure a GREAT RATE for a GREAT ROOM!! Thanks front desk staff for that, we were grateful! We had a 2 full bathroom Suite with separate living room, with a huge outdoor patio with 2 patio tables and chairs. The bathrooms were great! Heated toilets and TV's in each bathroom mirror. The front desk lady mentioned this is her favorite room aside from the presidential suite! Very stylish room and hotel overall. It has every thing you need and if it doesn't you simply dial your butler and they will provide it! The property is just off of time square perfectly far enough away from all the hustle and commotion of times square.

Had a great dinner at the lambs club which was a 3 course prix fix menu. Very good service and atmosphere as well. The specialty drinks at the bar are SUPER! We took a quick hot tub and pool dip but never tried the spa services as we spent too much at dinner at Daniel!! Next time we will do the spa!

I highly recommend the property and look forward to our next visit! Thanks Chatwal Staff!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank stoutman
Lance M, Front Office Supervisor at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear stoutman,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share the details of your recent experience at The Chatwal Hotel. We are delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Chatwal in the near future.

Cordially,

Reviewed 10 March 2012

My wife and I spent a long weekend at the Chatwal, it was our fourth visit to the city and easily the best. This was in part due to the wonderful service we received at the hotel - everyone was very accommodating and our room was impeccably decorated.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear PK_YYZ,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at The Chatwal Hotel.

We are pleased to read that you had a wonderful experience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Chatwal upon your return trip to New York City.