1,269 results
All reviewsbutler serviceheated toilet seatred door spatimes squareart deco decornew yorkbathroom mirrorstarwood pointsrain showerthe theater districtjunior suitest regisan upgradeturn down servicelobby barsmall hotelbell staff
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We absolutely loved our stay at the Chatwal. It was the perfect location for getting around Manhattan, and being right in the heart of Theatre district made it perfect for evening entertainment.

Rooms were clean and the bathrooms luxurious. There was always great attention to detail with the turndown service.

We only used the restaurant for breakfast - while the food was ok, there are prob better places around to get a quick bite to eat.

Service at Concierge, front desk and Door men were impeccable.

Room Tip: Nice and high away from the noise. We were on the 8th floor which was perfect
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PlayfulPup
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Dear PlayfulPup,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

We are pleased to read you enjoyed your experience with us and that you found the location of the hotel to be convenient for your needs.

We are very grateful for your kind words about our team
Should we ever have the pleasure to welcome you back to The Chatwal Hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I stay at the Chatwal regularly as a business traveler and it is my favorite. Rooms are very quiet and well appointed. Bathrooms are highend with tv in the mirror. Great rain shower. Front desk personnel are efficient and very friendly. Lambs Club restaurant is excellent and the bar can be fun (both upstairs and downstairs).

Room Tip: This is not a hotel if you want a view as it is in the middle of block and not a high rise. There are a few rooms with only a single sink bathroom; double sink bathrooms are bigger and better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Arlkia

Dear Arlkia,

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty to The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

We look forward to your next visit. If there is ever anything that I may be able to assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I expect a lot when I stay at a hotel and The Chatwal always exceeds my expectations. The staff is incredible. The rooms are sophisticated yet comfortable. Great location. The turndown service was perfect. You really can't get better service anywhere. I've stayed there several times and have nothing but rave reviews when it comes to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask about a room with a terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear tammiwspg,

Thank you for your continued support of The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel. We very much appreciate your loyalty and will look forward to your next visit.

If there is ever anything I may be able to assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel made too many errors during our stay that I would not consider this hotel five stars. First of all here is another SPG hotel that does not recognize it's very loyal members. The largest of errors for me was the very poor evening turndown service. Beware the indoor pool is more a small exercise pool with a constant stream allowing you to do swimming exercises. The fitness area may be small however it is well equipped. The majority of the staff were friendly. The concierge staff were the best in the business, no joking they were incredible. I would return just to access these concierges. The Lamb's Club was incredible, the best food and drink in town however one of the severs at dinner was not to with it. There are other hotels to choose from while in NYC that are truly five star quality. I keep giving SPG hotels many chances however no more SPG hotels for me unless I am truly stranded. I do have to say that is hotel is very well located in the Times Square area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank FirstClass001

Dear FirstClassLuxury001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel.

I would be very grateful if you would reach out to me at lmiller@thechatwalny.com so that I may learn the details of your visit.

I am pleased that your visit to The Chatwal was overall a pleasant experience. I have shared your comments with the concierge team who are grateful for your very kind words.
I will look forward to your correspondence.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The hotel is extremely well located in Times Square. If you are watching Broadway and enjoy the bring lights, this place is very convenient. Going to other parts of Manhattan is easy to do from here because taxis are readily available and you can walk from street to street.

Room is dark, very little natural light and small in size. Abt 350 sqm. With lots of bags, it becomes cramped easily. For the price, the size can be alot bigger. They offer free coffee/tea in the mornings ~ not good. You're better off going to Starbucks. The Lamb's Club restaurant and Bar is excellent. Very high quality. I would recommend this hotel if you are staying at least 3-4 nights but longer than than, the small space will get to you.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vid29
Lance M, Front Office Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Vid29,

The Chatwal is a boutique hotel situated in Manhattan’s iconic Theater District. Our guests enjoy luxurious amenities appointed throughout their guest rooms, while receiving a very intimate and distinguished level of service.

We are delighted to know you appreciated the location of The Chatwal and that enjoyed your experience in The Lambs Club restaurant.

Should the opportunity permit for you to return in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at lmiller@thechatwalny.com if I can be of any assistance.