1,271 results
All reviewsbutler serviceheated toilet seatred door spatimes squareart deco decornew yorkbathroom mirrorstarwood pointsrain showerthe theater districtjunior suitest regisan upgradeturn down servicelobby barsmall hotelbell staff
Reviewed 2 December 2017

One word to describe my experience at The Chatwal: Awesome! I've been coming with family to NYC during the holidays for over 20 years. Usually, we would stay at another hotel in Times Square; however, this year we decided we needed a venue that was out of the hustle and bustle of the craziness, but still in the heart of Times Square. The Chatwal went beyond our expectations. Starting with the bellman service, the front desk agents to the concierges, this hotel is all about customer service. In addition, our room was tastefully decorated and very clean. The one and only drawback was the restaurant in the hotel as the breakfasts were a bit pricey. Other than that, my family and I intend to make it a point to stay at The Chatwal on all future holiday visits to NYC.

A Very Satisfied Guest!

E. Jones
Jacksonville, FL

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Tammy Y, Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear e9jones

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the Chatwal hotel! I'm delighted that our hotel proved to be a wonderful experience for your family. Our primary focus as a team is ensuring that our service matches the caliber of our beautiful property and cuisine. Your experience as a guest is of the utmost importance and it is a pleasure to accommodate. Thank you for your response, we are honored that you chose to stay with us and look forward to a return visit during the holiday season.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in December 2017. Had some business a block away so the location, half a block from the middle of Times Square, was great.

The hotel is nice, but it was really expensive (I get that room rates fluctuate in NYC, but my rate was $600+) and the room is frankly pretty cramped, it felt a lot like a room in Tokyo, small to the point of being annoying (you accidentally bump into stuff, etc). Bed was very firm, I wish they'd just get those Westin mattresses. The room had a terrace but not exactly something I was going to use in December and you're basically looking up into an alleyway.

In any case, the hotel is fine, has a lot of style, but I found the value proposition to be low. I'd probably not want to stay here with two people.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear superfluouschap,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. We are very disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. We extend our apologies that the room did not meet your expectations. Based on your review, we want to share that that we offer many spacious rooms such as our Grand Deluxe King rooms, Junior Suites, and our Deluxe One Bedroom Suites that offers amazing views. We certainly will be more than delighted to accommodate you should you choose to reserve one. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly to discuss your stay in further detail and allow us an opportunity to regain your confidence in our service standards. You may reach out to me at tyu@thechatwalny.com.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here three times and I've had good experiences each time. Location is great and staff is excellent but rooms are very small for this price-point and since Hotel is not very large, kinda noisy with really no view. Restaurant (Lambs Club) is pretty mediocre but lobby bar is nice and atmosphere is quiet and welcoming. I like boutique hotels and will try and stay at Starwood places where possible but they would not give me Starwood points since I booked on hotels.com, which is the first time I have not received points when booking this way. A nice place but I would expect a little more for $700+ per night.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Tammy Y, Guest Relations Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear PaulGlobalSF

It was our pleasure to welcome you back to the Chatwal Hotel! We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stays from our convenient location at the heart of 'Time Square' to the personalized and unique service that our team provides each and every guest. We are usually known for being an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Times Square. Based on your review, we want to share that that we offer many extremely quiet rooms on the high floors with city views such as our Grand Deluxe King rooms, Junior Suites, Deluxe One Bedroom Suites, Specialty Terrace Suites, and our Producer Penthouse which includes a magnificent rooftop garden that offers amazing views. We certainly will be more than delighted to accommodate you should you choose to reserve one. We extend our apologies for the Lambs Club not meeting your expectations and have shared your feedback with them. May I kindly request you to reach out to me at Tyu@thechatwalny.com and it would be my pleasure to ensure all pleasant stays for your future visits.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2017

No hotel in the theater district of New York could be more wonderful than the Chatwal. Everything about it, from the outstanding staff to the lovely, spacious rooms exemplifies a unique boutique hotel with the outstanding features of the top hotel chains. The location for theater goers is ideal, and the restaurant associated with the hotel (The Lambs Club) is outstanding for breakfast and dinner. I've stayed before and I will be thrilled to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms with lovely patios are a possibility
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Tammy Y, Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Sablelou

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure to welcome you back to the Chatwal Hotel! I'm delighted that our hotel proved to be a wonderful experience at the 'Heart of Time Square' in the Theater District. It truly does make me proud to hear of the special touches our staff provided to make your visit special. Also, I'm so thrilled the appointments of your room made a comfortable stay.

We thank you for your gracious words and simply cannot wait to welcome you back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2017

This hotel is great! My husband and I went on a short 3-day trip over Labor Day.

The location is right where we wanted it; near the Broadway shows and the park. From the amazing staff to terrific accommodations, this was a great find! As a Starwood Platinum Member, we also got great perks, especially for breakfast.

On the breakfast note, I am not sure if they were short staffed for those days, but service seemed noticeably slow. And that is highly perceived when you contrast that against the city’s fast pace.

The room was great! Perfect size for a couple and the amenities were well taken care of.

If you need to do some business, internet speed was steady, reaching 15Mb of speed at times.

We also utilized their spa. I had a facial done before our flight back home and it was extremely pleasant and the staff was extremely polite and accommodating. My husband had a pedicure and said it was one of the best he has ever had!
The only word of caution is the noise level. We stayed on the upper levels facing the street. And while the scenery was nice, there were lots of loud noises coming from the street on Saturday night. Which made it quite hard to get a restful night sleep.

We will definitely consider going there again on our next NYC trip.

Room Tip: Just be aware of noise levels on higher floors facing the street.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Tammy Y, Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Reviewed by Ricky J

I would like to personally thank you for your recent review at The Chatwal Hotel. It is a pleasure to hear your feedback on the exceptional stay experience you had with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed our attractive hotel offerings and amenities. We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the friendly and courteous service provided by our team.

It is rather unusual for us as we are always known for being an oasis in the hustle and bustle of Times Square. Please note that we do offer various room types which can provide a southern exposure to avoid facing the street. We certainly will be more than delighted to accommodate you in one on your next visit. Additionally, our entire Food and Beverage team has been reminded to always provide the most prompt services. We hope to use your feedback to improve consistently. We hope to see you again when your future travels bring you into the city. We look forward welcoming you home and I will be more than happy to personally oversee your stay.