“Perfect perfect perfect”

InterContinental New York Times Square
Ranked #182 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was staying here in 2010 and I think they actually opened that summer. The service was one of the best I've ever experienced before. From the moment we got off the taxi when we arrived until we checked out, it was excellent. The location is perfect if you want to stay close to Times Square. Didn't experience any noise from the outside, the beds were so comfortable. I slept like a baby every night. Whatever we needed the concierge helped us. From booking tickets to a baseball game to telling us what subway station we should get off at. I was very happy with everything. Didn't have breakfast there though so I don't have any comments about the food. There's plenty of breakfast places close to the hotel and the subway station is just next to the entrance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Aralia A:

Thank you for being one of our first guests! We are thrilled we made a great impression and delighted that you returned last year. We hope to welcome you back for a third time soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am severely disappointed with my recent stay at this hotel. I don't usually write reviews but I feel it is my duty to warn people before they pay for the worst service I have ever encounted. I am diabetic and so require a refrigerator as the one in the room charges if you move the items inside. Obviously I asked for one upon arrival but there was no fridge. I continued to ask for two days! It had taken them three days to tell me there weren't any spare available. So out of goodwill they said I could move things out of the mini bar without charge and guess what -I had been charged. It was a family members birthday during our stay and so very kindly we had gotten a cake, a bottle of champagne and a birthday card which was addressed to 'darling'. We weren't sure whether the champagne and card were from the hotel or not so we asked and they said they were indeed from the hotel. Then the next day we found out that it was actually a friend who had sent the champagne and card!! Another thing was that one of the people I travelled with is admittedly a bit of a hypochondriac and asked the hotel to change the bedding in the room or to look at the mattresses. Everyone that stayed in the particular room had all been bitten by something. So we a man from housekeeping came up to 'inspect' the bed...(?) and proceeded to tell my friend that she was lying and that it must have been from outside. Even if these were his thoughts he was utterly unprofessional and made her feel an inch tall. What happened to the customer is always right? He then said we had to file a report about the room which meant taking photos of everyone's individual bites (all guests were female and had them in areas which would not be on show in public). He was useless so eventually we had to go speak to the manager downstairs for them to change the room. This shouldn't of been an issue. I know the hotel price is on the higher side but we did actually want to leave that night and go see New York. It completely wasted our evening and left a very sour taste in everyone's mouths. I would not even be expected to be treated like that in a hostel. So so disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Jennytheangel
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Jennytheangel:

We sincerely apologize that your recent stay did not meet the InterContinental standard. This is certainly not the type of service that we are known for, and we greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. The hotel does maintain a vigilent pest control policy with a multi-pronged approach to ensure the safety and security of our guests. However, this does not excuse or explain the mistakes that were made. We would very much like an opportunity to reaffirm your faith in our hotel. Please contact us at the email below so that we can further discuss your experience.

executiveoffice@icnyts.com

Reviewed 17 July 2014

It’s an Intercontinental, and as the name suggests, it is always at a consistent standard with great service. I stayed at this hotel about 3 times during the last 6 months, and I like it more and more each time. It is located in a very convenient area with numerous sights and great restaurants within walking distance.

I was keen on writing a review this time around to specifically thank the staff for making the stay such a pleasure. Namely, Ashley in the front desk, Santiago the door man, and David the bell man, you guys are great!! And I cannot thank you enough for making our experience this great.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Hilalee1

Dear Hilalee1:

Thank you for your great review! We are thrilled Ashley, Santiago, and David made your recent stay a memorable one. We appreciate your taking time to post about your stay, and we will be sure to share your kind words with our team members. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great location , next door to the tube station , two minutes from Broadway and five from Times Square , with many choices of wonderful restaurants nearby. The hotel is beautiful, the bedrooms are spacious and very comfortable , and all staff are friendly and offer impeccable service . Perfect for any kind of trip, great atmosphere. I would choose Intercontinental TS again with no doubt !

Room Tip: If you are a member you get free wi-fi.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Adriana:

Thank you for choosing the InterContinental New York Times Square and for your rave review! We really appreciate your taking time to post about your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just returned from a 4 day/3 night stay in the intercontinental Times Square. Booked this hotel after trawling through the huge amount off reviews and options given but the sheer amount off hotels in NYC and how glad I am that I picked this one. 1st impression was how modern and clean it was along with the politeness off the staff. This was just the start as once we got to our room we found an amazing view across to Times Square area and the broadway district . Couldn't fault anything about the room as it was clean well equipped. Huge bed and generous sized TV make it a room you can feel very comfortable in.
Breakfast is a very high standard as the in house restaurant is off the upper end off the spectrum.
The restaurant staff were very polite and the service was quick which is great when your keen to get out and about in the city.
Great location just one small block from Times sq and easy access to all NYC has to offer.
I would suggest this hotel is perfect for couples and older family's but children are made very welcome.
Would strongly recommend this hotel for its quality, polite staff and above all the location.

Room Tip: Higher level at front off hotel would give view o
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt Y

Dear Matt Y:

Thank you for your great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed our modern decor, friendly staff, and central location. We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to your next visit to New York City.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I stood at the Intercontinental Times Square and it was AWESOME!! The lobby is beautiful and smells fresh. The check-in employees were delightful and so friendly. We stood in room 3404 and it was big and spotless. Beautiful shower and beautiful view. The beds wee so comfortable. I felt that I was literally sleeping on a cloud. There is a restaurant on the Lobby Level called CaVa. Loved the pork chops. There is just one thing about getting to your rooms. Make sure you go on the right elevator. If your room is on floors 3-7, use the front left and front right elevators. If your room is on floors 10-36, use the middle and back elevators. There are small signs that say which elevators to use, but most people just go to the closer elevators for some reasons. Otherwise, that's it. I am DEFINITELY returning.....

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Joey_Castelli_J

Dear Joey_Castelli_J:

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are delighted that our plush bedding provided a good night's rest here in the city that never sleeps. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

stayed 1 night in july 2014- GREAT location, nice room, front desk helpful as well as bellhops

used travelpony and got great rate room was on 25th floor had nice view - room not very large but that is the case with most of even the best nyc hotels, but it was adequate

i would stay there again

Room Tip: sign up for their program - its free and you get points and free wifi higher floors better views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Executive Offic... ., Manager at InterContinental New York Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Tomay:

Thank you for your great review! We are so glad that our friendly bell and front desk team members made your recent stay a memorable one. We appreciate your taking time to post about your stay, and we look forward to your next visit to New York City.