“Nice Find”
Review of Brooklyn Diner

Brooklyn Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Brooklyn Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,110 of 15,870 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th Avenue and Broadway
Transit: 1, 2, 3, 7, 9 N, R, W, & Q trains to 42nd Street/Times Square.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We wanted to grab breakfast out our last morning in town, so searched for a nearby diner. The prep cook had a kitchen mishap the night before, so they didn’t have a lot that they normally have. They were very apologetic and offered generous substitutes when we were ordering. They were fully functioning again before we left and even brought us some bacon since we were so disappointed that they didn’t have any. We will be back next visit!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,857)

Reviewed 26 June 2018

With all of the underwhelming chain stores in the area, this is like an oasis. Beautiful atmosphere in the style of late 50s, early 60s mid century modern. A varied menu with excellent food. The issue I had were the portions which were huge. Because they were pricey, less items needed to be ordered.

Restrooms are clean. Location is in the heart of Times Square. Food is prepared nicely and tasted excellent. Service was top notch, professional with well groomed staff.

Search this place out. It's worth the time if a little pricey.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We wanted a spot close to theaters with a menu to satisfy picky teens -- Brooklyn Diner was perfect. The wait staff was welcoming, friendly and helpful. We could have pasta, burgers, milk shakes and adult beverages! Everyone was happy. Service was prompt, not hurried, prices were within our budget. I loved my Reuben and our grandkids were happy with their pasta dishes. Excellent choice!

1  Thank Judi S
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Whatever you would normally order at a diner, order half here. All the portions are humongous. This is a “tourist trap” of a place (which I mean in the best way), and we loved eating here between shows. The service is great, we talked to our neighbors, and everything was quick and easy.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I picked up my tour group and the managed kindly asked me if I'd like something more than coffee. I had yogurt and fruit and the bartender just whipped it all together with fruit and served me at the bar! Nice to not have to wait for the kitchen and it was awesome. The thickest Greek yogurt and freshest fruit. Sometimes simple served nice and quick is all you need!