“What fun!”

Lower East Side Bagel Tour
Ranked #13 of 871 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Since 1937, on the Lower East Side Economy Candy is an old-fashioned, family-owned candy store that sells thousands of kinds of chocolates, candies, nuts, dried fruits; including halvah, sugar free candy and of course all the old time candy you had when you were a kid. We also specialize in retail and wholesale sales for weddings/parties and other retail businesses.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Loved this place! There is something new and fun to discover at every turn. It is hard not to want to taste at least one of everything! They have many of the classic standards and every flavor of jelly belly, but what is really fun are all the unique candies from around the world.

2  Thank Washboardmary
"subway"
"chinatown"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Candy galore. A very small fun pale with rare and childhood candy at affordable prices. You can also buy in bulk for better prices.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Positively Love this Store !! One of my favorites in all of New York.. :) Located in the Lower East Side and stocked with candy like no other could master !! IEconomy Candy brought back all the "sweet" memories of my childhood almost 50 years ago..lol. It was entertaining as well. I stayed for a couple hours just browsing. I am grateful for trip advisor to be able to share my experience..I personally am unable to tell enough folks. You can smell the sugar to as you near the store..Such a Delight..!! Always on my to do list when visiting NY. I never tire..Awesome Experience !!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

What a great find this was. We saw this business showcased on a PBS series called "New York Originals" and just knew we had to stop in on our next trip to NYC. They honestly have almost every kind of candy you can imagine from old school favorites to contemporary stuff the kids love. The store isn't huge but it's big enough to maneuver around in with a little fancy footwork. We found items we hadn't seen since we were kids and that was so much fun. The only thing I was disappointed with was the fact they didn't have two of my favorites which I thought for sure they'd have--Walnetto's and Cherry Mash--but that's okay because I know where I can find those now. Anyway, if you love candy and especially yearn for the old days when we used to stuff ourselves silly with the stuff, take a trip to the Lower East Side and stop in at Economy Candy. It's like stepping back into time but most of all, it makes you feel like you're a kid again and who doesn't want to feel like that just once more?

1  Thank tahoerabbit