Sutton Court Hotel Residences
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$204
US$159
  • Fitness centre
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$200
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$176
  • Fitness centre
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$262
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
US$189
US$159
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslaundry roomextended stay hotellong term stayeast riverwhole foodsminute walk to central parkhome away from homenew yorkideal locationfirst floorapartmentgymsubwaynychousekeepingmidtownaccommodations
Reviewed 28 April 2011

My best friend and I stumbled across the Sutton Court website almost by mistake when looking for somewhere to stay in NY; and I have to say that it was the best 'mistake' that could have been made! EVERYTHING from the reservation process with Laysee (she's amazing), to assistance in helping us find the best way to get there from the airport, to the hotels location, staff and (of course) the room blew us away! "How lucky we were to get a room at the Sutton Court Hotel Residences" came up regularly in our conversations and I am almost positive that our trip wouldn't have been nearly as great if we had of stayed anywhere else! The hotel is a close walk to Subways and lots of major attractions, the area is clean and safe and there is a grocery store right around the corner which is wonderful when you have the full kitchen in the room. The fact that we had free wi-fi and local AND long-distance calling blew our tops off.... I mean, how many other places can you stay and have free long-distance calling?! Now where do I start with the room... unlike most hotels, the rooms at SCHR look exactly like they do in the website photos! They are huuggee, clean and furnished/decorated almost nicer then my own house! I loved this place and will highly reccommend it to anyone and everyone I know going to NYC... (and hopefully I will be returning again soon myself!!)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TravellingConcierge
Reviewed 6 April 2011

My spouse and I spent three weeks in Sutton Court in March 2011. All the reviews I read had been positive and we are happy to add our own very positive feedback from our stay. Our room was very quiet (we requested a quiet room), so though we were in a busy midtown location, we heard nothing of the street noise. The location was perfect and a short walk to subway, bus routes and all everyday amenities: restaurants, grocery stores (d'Agostino across the street on 1st Avenue was more than adequate for all our grocery needs. Food Emporium was rather too much, we found), pharmacies, and a huge variety of shops, including Bloomingdales.

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful with suggestions on places to visit, restaurants, etc. The free broadband inernet and free calling within Canada and the USA were a real bonus given our relatively long stay. There were some hitches with the internet and it's not the world's fastest, but it was adequate. Also there are problems with multiple users. If there is more than one laptop user I 'd recommend renting their wireless router for a very reasonable $10 a week.

Our bachelor suite was very spacious, much bigger than the average NY hotel room, and very well equipped, particularly the kitchen, which came complete with mini dishwasher, crockery and a good range of kitchen utensils. And the bed! Hands down, both of us found it THE MOST comfortable hotel bed we have ever slept in. As others have said, the lack of daily maid service was not a problem-it is an apartment hotel, after all, and we could always request it when needed for an extra charge. With all the restaurants and grocery stores close at hand, we didn't miss a hotel restaurant either.The gym is small but adequate for a hotel, with all the basics. With all the walking you do in NY, we didn't end up using it.

All in all, this place was a real find in terms of value for money in a very expensive city. It was perfectly located for our needs, clean, comfortable and very well equipped. It is not high end luxurious, but we weren't looking for that and it was great, especially for an extended stay. We would gladly stay here again and highly recommend it to other visitors to NYC. Thanks to Lacey, John,Jose, Danny, and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CitySampler
Reviewed 10 February 2011

Sutton Court is fine - that's pretty much as far as I'd go. The location's pretty good for transport - a couple of blocks from the subway and on a good north/south bus route. There aren't many great places to eat nearby, but there's a good food store just around the corner (Food Emporium, on 59th). Service is pretty non-existent - the only people there on weekends are from a security firm - so if you need anything on a weekend, you're out of luck. And even though we had problems during our stay, when we checked out, noone asked how our stay was. The price is pretty good for New York (i.e. jaw-droppingly expensive for anywhere execpt New York!) if you're staying for more than a week.

As for the apartment itself, the whole place is a very good size for two people, the kitchen is well equipped for basic needs (although there really are NO provisions, leading to bizarre things like empty salt and pepper shakers), the sofa is comfy, the shower is good (although the bath's tiny), the bed is good quality (soft but not squishy) and the décor is nice, if a bit ordinary and uninspiring. Neither of the TVs worked properly and the internet didn't work at all - which made us very cross as high-speed internet was one of the plus points of the apartments.

But the worst thing about our stay was the noise. I live in a city. I am used to noise. But 24/7 traffic noise, car horns and sirens, so loud you feel like you're actually sleeping ON the bridge, is just crazy. Even on the 14th floor, we could only sleep with the white noise of the fan, which we turned to high. I suggest you ask for a room at the front of the hotel and on as high a floor as possible, as I guess there would be less noise, but we never saw one of the apartments on that side (we asked to move, but noone who was actually in the hotel on the weekend we arrived had the authority to move us).

So basically, if you're staying for a week or more, Sutton Court works out pretty good value for New York and in a pretty good location, but otherwise I'm surprised by the reviews of this place.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonAlicat
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Stayed here for two weeks from the last week of January 2011. The one bedroom unit is good sized and the furnishings are relatively new. The kitchen is well equipped and the bathroom is decent sized and has strong water pressure. There are still some units being renovated so there are some construction noise in the daytime and one may also bump into the workers in the elevator lobby. Location is perfect - convenient to all amenities and transportation - yet in a true residential neighbourhood. The real stars of this place are the friendly and helpful staff. Laysee and her team were very accommodating and always available. Unfortunately, my stay was due to medical reasons, however, it was just as comforting as being at home!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Anonymous8
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I stayed here 12/6-12/16 and found the front desk staff very helpful especially with deliveries, laundry, etc. The studio apartment had a kitchenette (very helpful for breakfast in the mornings or breaks during the day). There are a couple of supermarkets walking distance and the location near the bridge was helpful when I had to make trips out of Manhattan. I had a very quiet room so no problems sleeping and a wonderful view of the bridge and the rest of the city.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business