“Changed Scam Name to Broadway Camera”
Review of 47th Digital

47th Digital
Ranked #524 of 831 Shopping in New York City
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Do not even think about entering their doors. They are only there to scam people. I don't think they sell anything that isn't stolen! They cheat innocent people out of their hard earned money and say "No Refunds" Shame on them...

4  Thank Lwillingham

Reviewed 20 April 2012

YES be aware of these dogs they ripped me off. I didnt realise until i got my CC statement $1455 for a $400 camera real shady characters when u shop there shop with a cop by your side. they are real con men.

I bought a digital video camera they sell for $400 tops around the world Panasonic the price for Memory was rediculous and the cost for batteries was also a joke. But despite getting a hand written receipt for $400 buck my credit card bill was $1455. What dogs i wish and hope the next terrorist attack on the US gets these guys.

DO NOT EVEN THNIK ABOUT ENTERING THIS SHOP THEY ARE JUST PLAIN EVIL.

6  Thank Peter T
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This shop is outrageously terrible. The camera's price was fair enough, yes, but then from $499, the final bill was $1000. This is because the slipped in extra charges for the battery, and $300 FOR THE MEMORY CARD. Also, they have a no returns policy, but the sign for this policy is written in ridiculously small lettering in an obscure part of the store. Just don't go, and avoid this place like the plague.

5  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I wish I had read the reviews here before impulsively buying a camera. I wanted to get INFO on a new Sony camera, but I couldn't remember the number. The guy, with short grey hair, showed me a SLT A-55 and said it was new, only out about 2 months. LIE! The new camera is the A-77. He then convinced me that this camera was better than the Nikon D-7000. Another LIE! I am embarassed to say, but I'm a trusting sort, I bought the A-55 for $1,300 (it sells most places for $800). I also bought a 75-300 lense for about double what it typically sells for, a couple filters, and a wide-angle/macro lense . . also double what it should sell for. Then, the BIG shyster ploy: they show me an advertisement for a Cybertec HDP-50 Pico Projector . . lists for about $4,000. Slick item. I then found out that many similar items sell for $300 to $700. I believe that the website is a false site . . . which they made up to convince buyers that they're getting a good deal. I could use a small projector because I give talks on patriotism and the Bill of Rights to school kids . . so I bought it for $1,000. When I got home I tried to get it to work with my Mac, and NOPE. I was so upset I couldn't sleep for 3 nights . . . and when I read the small print at the bottom of the page I see that I'm basically screwed . . no returns, no refunds, store credit only! For what? To get ripped off again? This place needs to get shut down and the crooks need to be put in jail. I believe the saying "Let the buyer beware" but when the sales persons LIE to you, they should be prosecuted. Anyone know a good lawyer in New York who would like to get these scumbags?

5  Thank Ed B
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Like many other reviewers, I too fell victim of these shysters. I cannot stress too strongly, DO NOT EVEN ENTER THE SHOP!! I was "caught" by a tall balding guy of eastern european looks, who after spotting my Nikon D60 said he had something very interesting to show me. This was a wide angle lens which attached to the existing 18-55mm lens. To be fair it did expand the field of vision but was 365USD. I negotiated a "discount" to 265USD, but then he moved on quickly by adding 2X converter at 860USD. this too was enticing esp with all the patter and talk of more discount off the joint purchase. Result? a total bill of 1700USD! £1100 AND FEELING VERY VERY STUPID having fallen for their hard sell. Once again "Enter at your peril"

5  Thank NEIL M