“average.”
Review of Fit Hotel

Fit Hotel
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I was freak out before I came to this hostel as i read a lot of negative reviews about the hostel. I arrived the hostel at night and have 2 guys helped me with my super duper heavy luggage. They are quite helpful during the 10 nights I stayed there. They only have bagels for breakfast, and you have to pay for the wi-fi(not so happy with this). For me, this hostel is ok. I got what I paid for. After all this is New York, who would spend a lot of time in the room?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 26 October 2012

it was perfectly fine, just dont think they should let guys sleep in the same rooms as girls no matter what.. everything was clean, no towels and no clean blankets.. they charge for everything.there isnt privacy but thats to be expected....

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2012

I reserved two nights but wrote v. early in the morning of my arrival to say due to travel problems I was unlikely to make that evening but would still be arriving the next morning. Was expecting them to charge for the missed night but wanted to warn I would still be wanting the second night. Arrived the next morning to be told by the reception that he wasn't on duty the day before and emails weren't checked so I was a "no show" and they had cancelled my entire booking! AND THEN CHARGED ME FOR BOTH NIGHTS! So I was left homeless in New York - and they charged me for the room which they had then rented out to someone else - not just the "no show" evening. They were altogether extremely rude and unhelpful - refused to even help suggest another nearby hostel/hotel - and wanted to charge me for using their internet.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rosalindg
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We tried Jazz on Amsterdam because we'd stayed at other Jazz hostels and had been pleased with their accommodations. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Jazz on Amsterdam. The place was run down and bare bones, to say the least. The beds were hideously uncomfortable IKEA affairs with mattresses so thin I hesitate to even call them that. The showerhead was held together with duct tape and barely dribbled water out. There were loose and missing tiles in the bathroom and shower. The floor was dirty. They claim to have maid service but the trash was never emptied and the hallways and stairwells were absolutely disgusting. The "breakfast" was a few stale bagels for those early risers who could get down to the kitchen before everything was gone. They might be near Central Park but they're also down the block from a few government housing high rises, which made me feel less than safe when walking around at night. For the prices they're charging, I sure expected better and will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marisa B
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Terrible room. Poor service. No breakfast. Dreadful overall. Avoid at all costs. Better sleeping on the street.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank eddscully
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayed there for 5 days on Nov 2011. the overall experience was good.
Pros: The location is very good, just 1 block from the subway, about 10 min by the sybway to time square. few steps from broadway.The area is very safe.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable,clean linen and sheets with daily room cleaning.
the room has a nice view on 87th street . lockers in rooms.
reasonable price. the bathrooms were good.

Cons:The common area was very small,No wifi in rooms.
the staff is not friendly.
The hostel has no character or daily activities.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This was not good!

To start off they do not manage to put groups in the same room, even after communicating with them several times on email. Both long time in advance and just before our arrival. We were divided into several rooms, and someone was already in my bed!
Also dont trust that you will sleep, the pipes make a lot of noice, due to them being old. Sounds like someone is using a hammer slamming at the walls inside the rooms during night...
Make sure to be early for breakfast, as it runs out of bagels...
Will make sure not to use this place again, and now I feel like I have been nice in my review...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends