“So sheik with a warm friendly staff.”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #132 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Oakland, California
“So sheik with a warm friendly staff.”
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I loved this place! The location was fantastic- walking distance to Little Italy, the East Village and more. While hotel room was on the smaller side the space was used efficiently and they had thought of everything. And it was beautiful with modern finishes, an amazing shower and cute little balcony. Everyone on staff was incredibly warm and friendly. I will definitely stay there again!

Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Dinisolo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Did a mini staycation here and loved it! The staff are very friendly the rooms and hotel is brand new. Red flower amenities in the bathroom!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank Armani74
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is one block away from Chinatown and little Italy, very vivid neighborhood.
Our room is tidy and in contemporary . And I really like the tub in the room. But the only problem is the horrendously loud AC. It woke me up each time when it turns on. So I had to switch it off. I guess the hotel knows the problem, so we have a big fan on the ceiling.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Patrik H, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Thank you for your wonderful remarks; I have shared them with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that, overall, you enjoyed your stay. With regards to the air conditioning, we recognize that the sound is bothersome. Our team is working diligently to source and implement a solution as soon as possible.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My husband and I were treated with "a night off" from the kids....
We decided to stay in trendy soho....found the Nolitan, booked it, and had an AMAZING night!! We started our night off with a nice romantic dinner at the hotel restaurant. After that, we took a five minute cab ride to highline.....and strolled back to the hotel..... hotel room was very comfortable! Great pillows and bed!! I noticed the fine details that was put into the room, from the very soft bedding, to the awesome slippers(not your typical hotel slippers,they were the kind you'd actually buy in a store) and more.....I can't forget about the staff...they are very caring and considerate which made our stay even more delightful...
Can't wait for another "night off".....we'll absolutely be coming back for more Nolitan!

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rachele3
Patterson, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2011

My wife and I loved our stay at The Nolitan. Not only is it at a great location, but the staff went above and beyond to ensure that we enjoyed our stay. We highly recommend the Nolitan, you will not be disappointed.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Anthony M
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I stayed one night and got there in the evening. When I arrived, it was quite dark in the lobby, as well as in the hallway on my floor. I stayed in a neighborhood balcony room. The room was on the smaller side--typical of many boutique hotels. But it was very clean and the decor was modern, yet intimate and welcoming. The attention to detail was great--from the toiletries, robes, red slippers, iPod dock, to a red Nolitan-branded pilates mat. There was a turn-down service available as well. The bed was very comfortable. Aside from hearing some of the traffic from the street below, I had a very comfortable night. If you're sensitive to noise, you might want to ask for a room on a higher floor. I didn't really have a problem there. I had a great breakfast the next morning at Ellabess--a must-try! The lobby was brightly lit in the morning too--a nice change from the night before.

Overall, it was a great stay and I'd recommend it to others!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on a higher floor if you're sensitive to noise. No double beds. Only o...