“Our new favorite boutique hotel”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #177 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 20 February 2012

A very comfortable little hotel with great modern design details, from the red room slippers to the light fixtures, and local flair, such as the bathroom products from local boutique Red Flower and the Vosges chocolate on the pillow at night. The room seemed small upon arrival, but we realized the way it was layed out made for a very comfortable stay. Loved the shower with glass walls on both sides and rain shower head and our City Room balcony (9th floor room) had a fantastic view of the uptown skyline including the Empire State, and to the right, looking down Kenmare St. was a straight view down the Williamsburg bridge. Continental breakfast was nothing to write home about but was complimentary, which I didn't expect, so was a nice surprise. One of the nicest touches was a bottle of prosecco with a birthday card frl from the manager for my husband whose birthday we had come to celebrate. Will be returning again!

1  Thank Jennifer R

Reviewed 17 February 2012

nolitan hotel and its staff stand out by being very friendly and caring. almost feels like staying with family. the rooms are well equipped, have great beds and bathrooms.
for people who like to go shopping and like to have a great variety of both simple and high quality restaurants close by, the nolitan is situated in the perfect neighborhood.
it for sure isn't the quietest neighborhood, with plenty of traffic right in front of the hotel, but if you are looking for that you might be in the wrong city anyway...
a little minus is, that the doors to the rooms are not very well sound-insulated, so that one can hear plenty of action from the isle.
if you expect big variety of food roomservice, the pick a different hotel, but there is so many places close by, you will not need it.

but again, for us the neighborhood (and being so close to the east village, chinatown, soho and having great metro connections) was the biggest plus. you can easily walk home with your shopping, or for a quick nap before going out to dinner.

Room Tip: go for the highest rooms in the neighbourhood category...
2  Thank philipp p
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I love this contemporary downtown hotel. It has a Euro-modern atmosphere, the staff is friendly and helpful and it is in a lovely little neighborhood. We reserved through Jetsetter so we got a great deal.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are supposed to be larger.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EluvsNY
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Beautiful, modern, sleek, boutique hotel in Nolita. Extremely friendly and helpful staff. The hotel location is so convenient to Soho, Little Italy, the Bowery, and Noho. And subway access is also very convenient.

1  Thank Kristyn O
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Great hotel. Has everything plus an amazing staff. My colleague called me after we both got settled in our rooms just to remark how much he loved it. We'll stay again for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed in a queen room - it's perfect for one person may be too tight for two..
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2012

What I loved about the hotel is it's location (near the subway and loved the neighborhood). Also, the staff are very helpful and accommodating. The hotel itself is quite modern and new so I have no major complaints. The room is somewhat on the small side but it was fine with me. =)

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank symphony88
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I enjoyed the first stay so I thought I'd check-in again. Swayed by the staff, the accommodation and the neighbourhood I thought I'd give it another go.

Three days before the trip I receive an email confirmation extending me offers that would personalise my stay and make it a memorable trip - nice! Then I miss a call but get a voicemail asking if I need airport collection or anything else to ease my journey - again a nice touch.

Declining all the kind offers I arrive under my own steam and am given a different room - slightly smaller than the previous top floor corner room that I'd stayed in before (which I'd recommend especially of on vacation) but equally well appointed. The balcony is a nice touch and good for snapping a few photo's on a clear day.

The staff live up to the standards they set on my first stay: friendly, attentive and happy to help me navigate my way around the neighbourhood.

This time round I noticed some more of the street noise - but to be fair I'm not sure it's any more than I've experienced staying around Time Square or up by Columbus Circle and it's possibly just my jet lag causing me to be a light sleeper

I ate in the restaurant for the first time - great food and reasonable prices. The bar tenders were great and I didn't feel uneasy being on my own in the restaurant.

There's no gym but the complimentary pass to a great gym on the edge of Soho, 5 minutes run from the hotel, is excellent. It's much better equipped than the normal hotel gym and you get to do some window shopping on the way. (May not be so attractive doing the run in the rain - but on a clear winters day it's not a hardship to get to)

I remain a buyer of this hotel - the more I stay the more I like the neighbourhood and find a few great bars, restaurants and shops that as a visitor to the city you'd normally not get the chance to frequent.

For a boutique hotel it's not overly cool or pretentious - but warm, welcoming and neighbourly!

Will definitely give it another go!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business