“Very glad I tried something "new" with the Nolitan”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #139 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very glad I tried something "new" with the Nolitan”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

I usually stay in downtown Brooklyn when I travel to New York City for business. However, for my most recent trip, I was open to recommendations for lodging since the rates at my usual hotel were a bit on the extreme side. (Nearby hotels were no better.)

Thus, I was told to check out the Nolitan. Not only was it reasonably priced (relative to what my usual hotel was charging), it was accessible to work via taxi or subway and very, very chic.

I arrived a tad early for check-in, but the staff was kind enough to hold my bags while I sought out lunch. As soon as my room was ready, I was notified right away. I've stayed at hotels where the staff was inattentive. This was not the case at the Nolitan. From the moment I stepped through the door, I knew I would be in good hands.

My room was tiny, but since I was traveling alone, this was hardly an issue. It was tastefully decorated, white with red accents. I'd almost consider it a "clean" look. What I found interesting was the open bathroom: the shower and sink area did not have a doorway. (The shower itself, however, did have a glass door!) As for the toilet? That's in a room of its own. It almost reminded me of when I traveled to Japan, so while it was a bit unusual for me to see it here in the States, I wasn't completely confused by it.

The room also had a balcony, which, had I anticipated staying in my room for an extended period of time, would have served as a nice little relaxation space. Granted, I didn't have a stellar city view (I faced a mechanic's garage, among other stores), but I also don't mind people-watching. (It's worth noting here that despite having a neighborhood view, I slept well each night. Noise was not an issue.)

One thing I really appreciated was the alarm clock, which also featured an iPod / iPhone dock. I have an iPhone 4S, and I have been at hotels (including my usual hotel in Brooklyn) that have clocks with iPhone docks that don't support a 4S. This may seem like a minor thing for many, but I had left my charger at home -- this was extremely helpful!

If I have one teeny-tiny complaint: The A/C is LOUD. Fortunately, my room was equipped with a ceiling fan. I was just as cool, but with much less noise.

So: An attentive staff. Chic, comfortable rooms. Easy access to work (and other areas, such as one of my favorites -- Soho!) Decent pricing. I think I've found my new business hotel here at The Nolitan.

Room Tip: You can choose to stay in a room with a city view, if a neighborhood view isn't your cup of tea.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank IkkiTousen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Stuart, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised with the Nolitan! Pulling up, I looked around and thought, hmmm...
However, through the very cool front doors I entered into a very nice lobby area, with a staff really dedicated to making your stay enjoyable. I have not experienced the high level of customer service from some of the most upscale hotels further uptown. They are wonderful!
The room is new looking, great beds and linens. A lot of well thought out design, fantastic floor to ceiling windows. Continental breakfast very appetizing!

I would definitely stay here again, and look forward to the opening their restaurant.
In the meantime, Little Italy, Nolita and Chinatown offer a tremendous selection of great eateries! Perfect for foodies!

Room Tip: Ask for wither a corner, with two walls of glass, or a balcony. Go high for a better view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank peggy p
Portland, Maine
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Perfect location for our two-night stay. We wanted to be close to Soho and the Lower East Side. Simple and modern, with lovely touches (Red Flower toiletries). Service was on point, and we felt well cared for. Staying here meant that we could splurge on our trip. We have stayed at Crosby Street Hotel in the past, and Nolitan is at least half the price! We will return here, and feel grateful to have found our home base in the city.

Room Tip: Corner suites are worth the splurge, though we chose a less expensive room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ParisTourist
oceaan springs, ms
Reviewed 27 June 2012

4N,3D stay in excellent location. especially enjoyed view from rooftop and morning coffee from outdoor balcony. service was exemplary.

Room Tip: select room with balcony if you want to experience sounds and smells of LES
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank david r
Brisbane
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was in New York for business in early June. This was my first time at this hotel. The service was outstanding and attentive. My room was small, but elegantly laid out, with attractive furnishings.

I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank J D
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was on a quick overnighter for a spa and shopping day in Soho and the Nolitan was absolutely perfect for it! The service was super friendly, the wifi was free, the mini bar had 3 dollar beer and Soho shopping with Little Italy food are all on the doorstep. It was a little awkward to not have a door on the shower room since I was there with a friend, but it would be perfect solo or as a couple. Overall, lovely.

Room Tip: Lower levels may have some street noise since this is in Soho.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank flaggster
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 24 June 2012

we enjoyed our stay very much. its a truly luxurious hotel in nolita near little italy, soho and chinatown. staff were extremely friendly and accommodating and made our stay unforgettable. great views, too. I can highly recommend to stay there on a special occasion!

Room Tip: I would go for a room on a higher floor for a truly amazing view, I believe they are more pricey but...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple