“They knew what we wanted before we knew it ourselves!”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #184 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night, and I have to give it the highest compliment that I can come up with: thoughtful. The room and decor were absolutely amazing - the space planning was perfect in the room, and more than comfortable. Most of all, they provided everything you could imagine, with taste and grace. There was even an umbrella in our room for our use (thank goodness, because it poured rain that night). The room was spotlessly clean. The perfect view of the Empire State Building from our room was breathtaking ( also especially from the amazing roof deck!).The staff were WONDERFUL - we asked for a restaurant recommendation and they really took into consideration what kind of food we liked and were interested to try. Every place that they recommended was within walking distance, and honestly, where we ended up was one of the best meals of my life, in an absolutely charming environment. The sleep was fantastic - the pillows are like clouds - and the climate control system gave us just the right temperature all night. There was also an IPOD dock and alarm clock by the bed. All in all, this was definitely the most stylish and comfortable stay we've ever had in New York, if not all our travels. We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aurora1283

Reviewed 4 June 2013

We´ve just arrived back home after 4 nights in New York, staying at The Nolitan Hotel. The last thing I promised Kimberley was to give an honest review in here. So here goes;
As I said in the heading; what more could you want? Location was very good. In a local New York neighborhood, that gave you the feeling of being in the city itself. Yet close to Soho shopping and the charm of Little Italy. Easy to walk down to Financial district, Battery Park and Ground Zero. The room (we were on the 7th floor) was small, but stylish. And the bed was very comfy. Small terrace (that we did not use...too hot!). All amenities in place, and separate wc/bathroom is also on the positive note. Only thing that wasn´t all that good, was the a/c that made a lot of noise in the night. Sounded like a truck starting at times...

Lobby and restaurant - very nice with a very cool and relaxed atmosphere. The guys at the reception and restaurant were very accommodating and service minded (like all americans are!). The complementary wine and cheese at 5pm was very nice and made for a great atmosphere.

My wife injured her leg the day before we arrived, so she came on crutches and we had to rent a wheelchair. When we were leaving, Kimberley arranged for the rental agency to pick up the chair, saving us the trouble. Well done - those are the things that takes the place from good to great. A small tip though; make more out of the rooftop terrace...

We had a great time in New York, and will definitely come back. Will we stay at the Nolitan next time? 100% yes.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms with the a/c noise... we stayed on the 7th floor, makes a great view to the Empir...
2  Thank Stoney28
Reviewed 3 June 2013

I recently spent a night at the Nolitan and I was really happy with my stay. I was already a fan of the architecture and design from having seen photos (which, admittedly had a lot to do with my choice in booking there) and knew how great the neighborhood was so my expectations were a bit high coming in. I have to say though the reality of the experience exceeded my expectations. The building is beautiful and the room was great, comfortable and cool - the design of it belied it's compact nature so I never felt crowded. The service and staff were gracious and friendly - so rarely the case in a hip property. Highly recommended with no caveats - my new go-to in NYC.

Room Tip: The best rooms are on the corner.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank globefodder
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed for one fantastic night and made another reservation as soon as we checked out. The staff is amazing (especially Sire), the room extremely comfortable and cool design, wine in the lobby from 5-7 is a lovely touch, all in all wonderful place. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Pamala28
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

Just got back from my third visit to the Nolitan and what can I say, I love it there! The location is awesome, close to everyting I adore in New York. The room is compact but well designed with a great little balcony. The staff are gracious and I very much appreciated the complimentary wine/champagne in the early evening and the umbrellas on the rainy days. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in the city. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank JuanEsperanza
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Just stayed here for 5 nights and had an excellent time. 1st time we have stayed in this area and will definitely choose the Nolitan next time we visit NYC (Hopefully the prices stay at the affordable level). Staff were excellent and couldn't be more helpful. Great views from rooftop and our balcony. Enjoyed the wine and cheese happy hours in reception and the umbrellas were excellent when we needed them!! Relaxed neighbourhood with lots of nice bars and restaurants on the doorstep so we didn't have to venture far at all.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank sessions9
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed 5 nights at the Nolitan for our honeymoon. The staff were all extremely nice, professional and helpful. The room, although small (but in line with New York size) was very clean and modern - impeccable. As we were on the 8th floor, it was also very quiet for a downtown location. Close to many interesting areas (SoHo, Chinatown, Little Italy, etc.) and close to the Subway for all your other endeavors. Great perks like continental breakfast in the morning, daily Happy Hour with wine and cheese, umbrellas, bikes, concierge services, etc. Nice trendy atmosphere, but layed-back and unpretentious. Would definitely stay there again. Thanks to Carlos, Jordan and Mervin at the front desk for making it a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors could be more quiet (for those not used to downtown living). We were on the 8th floor...
1  Thank Ann S