“Great stay at the Nolitan”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #130 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ireland
“Great stay at the Nolitan”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for four days while visiting New York and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Location is really central and the staff were excellent - extremely pleasant and helpful. The rooms are small but I didn't really expect them to be bigger. At the same time they are trendy and spotless and the hotel itself is in an excellent location just beside Little Italy. Overall, we had a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Almost don't want to share this amazing hotel in my favorite location because I want it all to myself! Great experience & extremely nice service! Thanks Jennifer for saving my husband & I when we were stranded at LGA w/an upgrade & complimentary bottle of wine! Yaaaay!

• Stayed February 2014
Allston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I detest NYC. But alas I often have to visit the city for work. The first time my boss sent me there I stayed at the Nolitan and now I make that a condition of my travel. This hotel is amazing! Most hotels have the same boring decor and generic staff. The Nolitan is simply beautiful and the staff is stellar!

Room Tip: Spring for the rooms on the higher floors if you can. They're bigger and the noise from the stre...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you for the fabulous review! We appreciate your admiration and recommendation of The Nolitan and are thrilled that you have chosen us as your home away from home.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I wish I could be writing this review about our stay at the property, but the weather has not cooperated and we had to cancel. I feel the need to write about Joy in reservations. She was amazing to speak with. She was friendly and genuinely seemed disappointed that we were not coming. I have never experienced this before - she made me want to visit the Nolitan as soon as possible another time. She described how great the neighborhood is and all the things to do when we do make it up. I am looking forward to visiting when the weather gets a bit better and meeting Joy and the other staff at this property. I was truly impressed.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
We are so appreciative of this review. Thank you for this very special comment about Joy; she is truly an amazing member of our team. I will be sure to share your sentiments with her. Your encounter with Joy offers great insight into what The Nolitan experience is like.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you soon.

Warm regards,
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Super cool, hip hotel. Fabulous position. Great staff at the front desk, great rooms, great roof terrace. A really special place to stay. Only downside is the cafe which is very unorganised, run by disinterested staff and a very poor reflection of the Nolitan. My advice would be to walk across the street to the butchers daughter (recommendation of the staff) for a delicious breakfast. Overall, great place to stay.

Room Tip: Go as high as possible for reduced noise from the traffic. Some rooms have balconies which offer ama...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bellposse14
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review The Nolitan. First and foremost, on behalf of the restaurant ownership, I apologize for your service experience. I have shared your feedback with the owners and am certain they will address the concerns appropriately. As for your hotel experience, I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back to our “special place” again soon.

Warm regards,
Melbourne
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The Nolitan Hotel must be one of the hippest places to stay in New York City. My partner and I were looking for something pretty central with enough to keep us occupied indoors if the weather got bad. The Nolitan might be small but it is just a sensational place to stay, and it ticked all the boxes for us.

Our arrival was smoothly handled by Dhillon and the rest of the reception staff, all of whom were young, friendly, professional and helpful without descending into over-casual or over-familiar. A good balance. We managed to arrive at happy hour and chilled glasses of bubbly were pressed into our hands as we checked in.

Our room was pretty small – I’ve only seen smaller in Japan – but beautifully appointed and with little touches like excellent quality toiletries and red slippers and robes and plenty of storage and hanging space and good lighting. We didn't have a kettle in the room (being serious tea drinkers a kettle is essential for us) but one call to reception got us a very stylish kettle (of course) and some mugs. So just ask!

We had a perfect view of the uptown skyline including the Empire State Building decked out in its red and green Christmas colours – ask for a north-facing room on a high floor. We didn’t have a balcony – some rooms do and some don’t. The balconies are tiny in any case, but in warmer weather it might be nice to ask for one.

As mentioned, happy hour starts around 6pm until 8pm and you can chill out in the leather seats at reception quaffing really rather decent red, white and sparkling wine and nibbling on cheese and crackers and nuts. A nice time to relax before heading on out for a busy night in the Village.

Wifi is free and the signal is strong in the rooms and at reception.

As mentioned before, the staff were all great and couldn’t do enough for us. There is a restaurant on site but we didn’t eat there, just had a drink at the bar. You can borrow a PlayStation if you want to stay in, or a skateboard if you want to get around the neighbourhood a little more quickly.

There are countless great places to eat and drink nearby – just walk out the door and into whatever place takes your fancy. They’re all great. But don’t miss the Bowery Diner just a couple of blocks away on Bowery Street. A sensational modern diner – and the bloody Marys and mimosas at breakfast are a great pick-me-up after a heavy night.

Can’t imagine staying anywhere else in New York when we come back again next year. Oh –and don’t miss the rooftop terrace with 360 degree views of the best skyline in the world!

Room Tip: North facing rooms on the higher floors will have a great view of the uptown skyline. Ask for a balc...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mairead D
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. It was such a lovely review and very much appreciated. In your profile, we have noted your preference for a tea kettle and it will certainly be in your room upon your next arrival. We thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back next year.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Nolita is a great neighborhood and this classy, stylish boutique hotel is right in the heart of everything. Trendy shops and restaurants, Little Italy, Soho, and subway stops are all within a few minutes walk - which is perfect on a freezing January day! Very helpful and friendly front desk. Don't miss their restaurant - Cantine Parisienne. We had a delicious brunch that was surprisingly inexpensive.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family