“Great Boutique Hotel in a Great Location”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #183 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Nolitan and was very pleased. Here's a recap:

Pros:

1. Location - The Hotel in located in the Nolita area, just north of Little Italy. It within walking distance to the great shopping in Soho and boutiques in Nolita. There are also a ton of dining and drinking options in the area.

2. Staff - Everyone was friendly and helpful. They helped me with any questions I had and helped me book a car to the airport.

3. Room - The rooms are decoarted in a chic modern industrial style. The bed was also very comfortable and clean.

Cons:

The rooms are a bit small, but standard for New York.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jestrada13
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Jestrada13~
Thank you for your detailed review! Thank you for highlighting the positive elements of your stay, including our central location, comfortable bedding and our friendly staff. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I really loved all of the little touches at the Nolitan. Everything from how it was decorated, to the glass showers (but separate toilet room) and the little chocolates on our bed when we first got there. The room was always impeccably clean and restocked so the staff did a great job. They offer a complimentary rental of an iPad, xbox 360 or even a bicycle! All you have to do is ask :) We had a nice view of the Empire State building and the Williamsburg bridge. We enjoyed just sitting outside and drinking New York in :) It's also close to great restaurants like Rubirosa. My one complaint was with the parking garage they unfortunately associate with. Not only did they steal some money but they also broke some of our belongings that we left in our car. I'd recommend parking elsewhere.

Room Tip: We chose a balcony room which faced the neighborhood (you could see the Empire State Building from t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel is WONDERFUL!!! I had my wedding there and me, my (now) husband and our guest stayed and we could not have asked for better. The rooms were brilliant, the staff was so kind and helpful and the location was perfect. I am rubbish at planning and they helped with every last detail, even booking our manicures and make-up appointments and handling all my stressed out scheduling mishaps. The wedding was amazing and our stay was brilliant!!! We definitely plan to stay again!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CarGD

Carly~
Congratulations! Thank you for taking the time to provide such wonderful feedback. It was a pleasure to host you and your wedding. I was so pleased to read your comments regarding the exceptional service provided by our team and thrilled that your wedding was amazing.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I read many positive reviews on this hotel and thought it would be a great weekend staycation. Not sure if I am just used to the trendy chic NYC restaurants and hotels, but this place felt fake. It had a nice facade and rooms were fine, but it lacked sophistication. Service was ok, nothing special. Air conditioner was loud and annoying. Rooms felt like it was on its way to getting dated and worn. I guess I am glad I stayed in it before it went totally down hill. Overall, it is disappointing and I will not return.

Room Tip: ask for quiet room with quiet AC
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amber S
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for four days while visiting New York and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Location is really central and the staff were excellent - extremely pleasant and helpful. The rooms are small but I didn't really expect them to be bigger. At the same time they are trendy and spotless and the hotel itself is in an excellent location just beside Little Italy. Overall, we had a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Almost don't want to share this amazing hotel in my favorite location because I want it all to myself! Great experience & extremely nice service! Thanks Jennifer for saving my husband & I when we were stranded at LGA w/an upgrade & complimentary bottle of wine! Yaaaay!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I detest NYC. But alas I often have to visit the city for work. The first time my boss sent me there I stayed at the Nolitan and now I make that a condition of my travel. This hotel is amazing! Most hotels have the same boring decor and generic staff. The Nolitan is simply beautiful and the staff is stellar!

Room Tip: Spring for the rooms on the higher floors if you can. They're bigger and the noise from the stre...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you for the fabulous review! We appreciate your admiration and recommendation of The Nolitan and are thrilled that you have chosen us as your home away from home.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best,