“Great place to stay!”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #139 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My two daughters and I just spent five days in NYC and stayed at the Nolitan. We were very happy with our choice for several reasons.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. There was always someone at the desk to answer questions or help with suggestions. The atmosphere was hip and young and professional.

The room was spotless, very modern and the beds were great! Trouble getting out of them in the morning! Because of circumstances we ended up needing a cot in our city scape room and even then it was roomy enough. The bathroom was large with a good shower. While the air conditioner unit was noisy it was a constant thing and we didn't notice it. For two this room would have been very comfortable.

The rooftop was a great spot. What an incredible view! and the happy hour bubbly and snacks were a nice break after busy days. We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on that.

Nolita itself was wonderful. It reminded me of Europe. We walked everywhere and found everything from a sports bar for the hockey game to Karyokee to wonderful cafe's and wine bars, restaurant, shopping.... This was our fourth trip to NYC and we would definitely repeat the trip we just had. (King Corner room next time)

Thank you Nolitan staff for a great stay!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and didn't hear much noise from the street at all. It is a concrete bu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sloblee

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the Nolitan for one night and loved it. The rooms were clean and beautiful, service was fantastic. The hotel bar was amazing, and breakfast the next day terrific. We ordered off the menu. I loved being on a busy street, we had a balcony with a view of the empire state building and loved the hustle and bustle below. We preferred being in the area vs midtown. We explored only blocks away, Nolita, Soho, little Italy, China town etc. Great food all close by. We liked that locals ate at the restaurant which made it very diverse and interesting.

Room Tip: We loved having a balcony facing Kenmare on the 9th, great view of the city!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Md2662
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Md2662~
Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We are thrilled that you found your Cityscape Balcony room beautiful and our service fantastic. Equally, we are delighted that you enjoyed the restaurant. We hope to welcome you back to The Nolitan in the near future.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent a long weekend at the Nolitan. Lovely hotel, amazing location, cozy and fun room. There was some street noise and the air conditioning unit was quite noisy and difficult to configure. Closet light with movement detector was malfunctioning a bit. We expected the hotel room to contain breakfast based on previous comments on the web and by reading the booklet in the room, but apparently they have changed the policy and room prices do not include breakfast by default anymore. Other than these details, we had great stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

jwjw25~
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am so happy that, overall you liked the hotel and it's location. However, I do apologize for the air conditioning noise. We are in the process of correcting the issue and hope to have all rooms completed within the next few months. I am sorry for the miscommunication about breakfast. A couple of years ago, we offered a complimentary continental breakfast while our restaurant was under construction. I did take a look at the guest room directory and while we can deliver breakfast to your room, breakfast itself is not complimentary.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity for you to stay with us again. When planning your next trip, please contact me directly at jennifer@nolitanhotel.com so I can make certain you are in a room that has an upgraded air conditioning unit.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed for a night in this hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. The amenities are good and the the location is good. Wish the building had more floors so that you could chose higher floor to avoid evening traffic noise. Perfect place for business travel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Let me start by saying the staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the feel of the rooms and the hotel itself. The rooftop deck was really great. It was such a fun way to see the city.

It was close to a ton of great restaurants/bars as well as shopping.

However, I don't think I'll stay again.

This is mainly due to the hotel's location. When I booked a room, I saw that there was a subway station about a block away. I didn't think about checking which subway line ran through the area. It was the J which will only take you further downtown or into Brooklyn. If you wanted to go uptown (to see a show, central park, museums, 'touristy' places) you had to walk about 4 blocks. This wasn't terrible, it just wasn't completely convenient. I actually ended up just taking a cab home from midtown most nights (about a $14 ride).

It's on a busy street. Even on the 9th floor with the windows shut we still heard traffic all night. That happens in most places in New York.

Finally, the room we had initially booked was flooded. So we had to downgrade. The hotel gave us a free bottle of champagne. That was nice, but I feel like when I've had similar things happen at other hotels I was comped for a night or was given a free meal at the hotel restaurant. Obviously the situation was unavoidable for them -I don't fault them for having a flooded room - but I was disappointed about not getting the room I had booked.

If you're looking for an interesting and different neighborhood, I would definitely suggest this hotel. I'll probably stick to a place that is a bit more convenient for getting to all of Manhattan.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharkalark
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Spent 1 week for vacation with my wife. If you're tuned into Soho and Nolita's cool vibe this hotel is a great choice. It's very modern - in terms of design and mindset about what makes a great stay. It's a smart choice, with fair rates - but surprisingly it doesn't feel like an 'economy' hotel it once you're there - that's because the make the choices about what they should (and shouldn't) have. Yes: great rooms / confy bed. Yes: design! Yes: great location. Yes: super friendly and efficient staff. No: pool, sauna, gym and thing's like business centre. No: room service - but they facilitate delivery from the local restaurants (good ones around), what ends up being even better than room service.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zelucas

zelucas~
Thank you for choosing The Nolitan as your home away from home during your winter vacation. We are delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the design and feel of the hotel. Thank you for your comments about the staff being super friendly and efficient. We greatly appreciate your fabulous review and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

So we came back to the Nolitan for a quick weekend/weekday getaway to the city.
We stayed in one of the Mezzanine Rooms on the 2nd floor.

We were pleasantly surprised at how silent the room was especially being so
close to the street. We live in Upstate NY and it was quieter in our hotel room
than our home!

The staff was awesome as usual. Always friendly and ready to offer assistance.

The location is perfect. It couldn't be more convenient to everything
we want to do on our weekend getaways to the city. Shopping, food, museums...

Plus is... the hotel is not far from Chinatown, which if you're driving a car like us,
there are super reasonable parking lots nearby!

Can't wait to go back for our next weekend getaway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple