“Amazing Hotel, awesome location”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #130 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Amazing Hotel, awesome location”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just spent 6 nights at the Nolitan. Amazing hotel in an awesome location. We stayed on the 6th floor the room was large and spacious with beautiful decor and very clean. The hotel staff were great, friendly and always available to help. The rooftop area was amazing with great views of NYC. The free wine and cheese from 5-7pm was fantastic and a great touch. The Nolita area is awesome with great bars and restaurants. We will defiantly be returning to the Nolitan. Thank you so much for making our stay in NYC so wonderful.

2 Thank David B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We arrived in the pouring rain having flown in from San Francisco, and the hotel had sprung a leak from the roof and water had made it's way down through several rooms and into the lobby. First they offered to move us to another hotel for the night as our room had a leaky bathroom, and then to upgrade us to the suite the following day. We opted to stay the night anyway, and got upgraded the following day. The suite was fantastic and we really appreciated the gesture, so thanks guys. This is a great neighbourhood hotel in a great where you can bed down and sample the many buzzy eateries nearby, but the reason I'm writing the review is because the staff were so friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Cathiejs
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Cathiejs, thank you for taking the time to write a fantastic review! I am so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularly pleased to read that while you did experience a problem with your room, it was solved quickly for you and the team all went out of their way to ensure you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Jennifer Villanueva
saskatoon
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My two daughters and I just spent five days in NYC and stayed at the Nolitan. We were very happy with our choice for several reasons.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. There was always someone at the desk to answer questions or help with suggestions. The atmosphere was hip and young and professional.

The room was spotless, very modern and the beds were great! Trouble getting out of them in the morning! Because of circumstances we ended up needing a cot in our city scape room and even then it was roomy enough. The bathroom was large with a good shower. While the air conditioner unit was noisy it was a constant thing and we didn't notice it. For two this room would have been very comfortable.

The rooftop was a great spot. What an incredible view! and the happy hour bubbly and snacks were a nice break after busy days. We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on that.

Nolita itself was wonderful. It reminded me of Europe. We walked everywhere and found everything from a sports bar for the hockey game to Karyokee to wonderful cafe's and wine bars, restaurant, shopping.... This was our fourth trip to NYC and we would definitely repeat the trip we just had. (King Corner room next time)

Thank you Nolitan staff for a great stay!

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor and didn't hear much noise from the street at all. It is a concrete bu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank sloblee
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed at the Nolitan for one night and loved it. The rooms were clean and beautiful, service was fantastic. The hotel bar was amazing, and breakfast the next day terrific. We ordered off the menu. I loved being on a busy street, we had a balcony with a view of the empire state building and loved the hustle and bustle below. We preferred being in the area vs midtown. We explored only blocks away, Nolita, Soho, little Italy, China town etc. Great food all close by. We liked that locals ate at the restaurant which made it very diverse and interesting.

Room Tip: We loved having a balcony facing Kenmare on the 9th, great view of the city!
1 Thank Md2662
Jennifer V, General Manager at The Nolitan Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Md2662~
Thank you so much for the fantastic review! We are thrilled that you found your Cityscape Balcony room beautiful and our service fantastic. Equally, we are delighted that you enjoyed the restaurant. We hope to welcome you back to The Nolitan in the near future.

Jennifer
Espoo
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Spent a long weekend at the Nolitan. Lovely hotel, amazing location, cozy and fun room. There was some street noise and the air conditioning unit was quite noisy and difficult to configure. Closet light with movement detector was malfunctioning a bit. We expected the hotel room to contain breakfast based on previous comments on the web and by reading the booklet in the room, but apparently they have changed the policy and room prices do not include breakfast by default anymore. Other than these details, we had great stay.

jwjw25~
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am so happy that, overall you liked the hotel and it's location. However, I do apologize for the air conditioning noise. We are in the process of correcting the issue and hope to have all rooms completed within the next few months. I am sorry for the miscommunication about breakfast. A couple of years ago, we offered a complimentary continental breakfast while our restaurant was under construction. I did take a look at the guest room directory and while we can deliver breakfast to your room, breakfast itself is not complimentary.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity for you to stay with us again. When planning your next trip, please contact me directly at jennifer@nolitanhotel.com so I can make certain you are in a room that has an upgraded air conditioning unit.

Jennifer
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed for a night in this hotel. The room was nice and comfortable. The amenities are good and the the location is good. Wish the building had more floors so that you could chose higher floor to avoid evening traffic noise. Perfect place for business travel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Let me start by saying the staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the feel of the rooms and the hotel itself. The rooftop deck was really great. It was such a fun way to see the city.

It was close to a ton of great restaurants/bars as well as shopping.

However, I don't think I'll stay again.

This is mainly due to the hotel's location. When I booked a room, I saw that there was a subway station about a block away. I didn't think about checking which subway line ran through the area. It was the J which will only take you further downtown or into Brooklyn. If you wanted to go uptown (to see a show, central park, museums, 'touristy' places) you had to walk about 4 blocks. This wasn't terrible, it just wasn't completely convenient. I actually ended up just taking a cab home from midtown most nights (about a $14 ride).

It's on a busy street. Even on the 9th floor with the windows shut we still heard traffic all night. That happens in most places in New York.

Finally, the room we had initially booked was flooded. So we had to downgrade. The hotel gave us a free bottle of champagne. That was nice, but I feel like when I've had similar things happen at other hotels I was comped for a night or was given a free meal at the hotel restaurant. Obviously the situation was unavoidable for them -I don't fault them for having a flooded room - but I was disappointed about not getting the room I had booked.

If you're looking for an interesting and different neighborhood, I would definitely suggest this hotel. I'll probably stick to a place that is a bit more convenient for getting to all of Manhattan.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple