“Fantastic property with exceptional guest service and fun location”
Review of The Nolitan Hotel

The Nolitan Hotel
Ranked #151 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. I was on the 4th floor facing the street and directly across the hall from the elevators-- I was sure I wouldn't sleep. I visit the city 4-5 times a year and this is the best I have slept there. The rooms have patios and there is a rooftop for guests to enjoy (no bar/restaurant) with incredible views. I took take out up there on my first night. We also took advantage of their breakfast vouchers for the adjoining restaurant and daily fitness passes to the 24 hour fitness nearby- these amenities were above and beyond. I very much enjoyed my stay and recommend it to anyone looking to stay in a neighborhood known for food!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily S

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Nolitan is understandably popular. It's chic and the rooms, though the smaller rooms (all 4 of the Neighbourhood/Cityscape Room/Balcony options are about the same size) are not big, are well designed and don't feel cramped (unlike the small rooms in The Standard East Village. Very clean as well.

The only down sides:
- the air conditioner in our room (705) was really loud - I mean REALLY loud. Fortunately I can sleep with earl plugs, otherwise it would have been a problem. We didn't say anything to the desk, though, so they may have sent up someone to try and fix it - so I can't really count it against them.
- they play irritating pop music rather loudly in the lobby and restaurant - annoying enough that I vetoed eating breakfast in the restaurant. I do like plenty of current music, just not the tedious mainstream stuff they seem to like.

Having said that, it is great, and they have bikes you can borrow for the day. If/when we stay there again, I'd opt for a corner room.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book a corner suite for the extra space - though the basic rooms are really no...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan from Taranna
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was very much pleased with me at expirience at that hotel. First of all the staff is excellent. They are very professional and polite. And helpful and nice. That is important for me and thats why I went there reading comments on booking.com and I wasn't dissapointed. The rooms are very nice (we had one without a balcony on a 7th floor). The interior is awesome the bed was very good, nice shower and all the amenities, nice mini bar, working big tv and wifi. We didn't eat anything there but for breakfast highly reccomend Fiat Cafe just a block away with the best coffee we have had in New York City. And yes go to see the rooftop it's excellent espacially at dawn ;)

Room Tip: we have been on the 7th floor and the view on the upper manhattan was great.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nicely done hotel, rooms are small, but have balconies. Very modern. Proximity to Little Italy and Chinatown were great. Service and staff were awesome. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The views from the roof were phenomenal, and the view from our room was the Empire State Building.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lynnecharl0tte
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The Nolitan hotel is in a great location for exploring NYC. Just north of Little Italy and close to SoHo, there is a definite "village" feel to the neighbourhood. This works well - because after a day exploring the city it's great to relax in an area which doesn't feel as big and busy as midtown. Where you can wander around and happen across a great bar or restaurant.
The hotel is new and spotless. The staff are wonderfully helpful, attentive - and knowledgeable - nothing was too much trouble. Every evening there is a wine and cheese tasting hour or two - and if you take a glass up to the roof terrace - you have lower manhattan and the freedom tower to the south, and the whole of midtown with great views of the empire state and chrysler building looking north. The rooms are well designed with a good use of the available space - which, this being new york, is not huge. I found the bed comfortable, and the shower excellent. I also loved the balcony. The wifi was free and simple to connect with good speed. Overall a great location (not an area i had previously stayed in) - and i would certainly stay again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank grove1
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I recently spent a weekend at this perfectly located boutique Hotel. The staff was very friendly( but not overly) and provided spectacular service. The daily complimentary wine and cheese tasting with varietals from around the world was excellent. Many services that all hotels offer were complimentary.( Bikes, Skateboards, Internet, Gym,iPads, Laptops, DVD players) There were multiple great restaurants, very reasonably priced, within walking distance from the hotel. The nieghborhood is upscale, however, the local vibe is very relaxed and comfortable. We were happy to find this little jewel for our next visit to New York.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Based on the reviews I'd read I expected to love this hotel.....and parts were awesome. The staff were super helpful and tried hard to be accommodating. However, I clearly missed the mark in thinking this hotel would be a good choice for my teenage son and I. Not one room with two beds. The bathroom provided no privacy. The air conditioner and street noise were unbearable. So even though we'd prepaid for our stay we moved after just one night.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family