“3 hours flew by”

NYC After-Dark Photography Tour
Ranked #19 of 642 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Want to take home great photos of your NYC visit? Join NYC Photo Safari for a unique photographic experience to sharpen your photography skills. Led by published industry professionals, our photo walking tours of New York are for small groups & individual photographers; from beginner to advanced amateur levels. You'll take home skills and memories for a lifetime.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I have just returned from a visit to new York with my daughter and we both really enjoyed the NYC photo safari. We met our guide (Zim) and there were 6 of us in the tour (2 from England, 2 Aussies and 2 from the USA, there was a no show, they missed a treat.) I am pretty much a DSLR novice while my daughter is far more experienced and we both got so much from the tour. Zim was a great tutor, very patient with novices like me, always giving advice and not afraid to tell it like it was! This was iconic new York tour and we included Grand Central Station, Times Square, Chrysler Building, NY Public Library and Empire Staste building (from a distance). Zim showed us how to compose a picture (do your editing when shooting not over a computer screen), how to use functions on your camera to maximise the shot (I have several great indoor shots with no flash in sight) and how to spot great picture opportunities. All of this was done in a fun and informative way and the time flew by. I would totally recommend this tour to photographers of all abilities

Reviewed 9 July 2014

As a native New Yorker I rarely stop to take photos in the city. My instructor, Tony was VERY helpful teaching me the correct settings, pointing out the most advantageous spots to shoot, and for helping me to see NYC through a new lens!

1  Thank TripleEProductions
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband loves to take 200-300 photos a day on vacation and my son is starting to develop some skills... so, we booked this tour and rented a Canon for the 14-year old, hoping this would be a fun evening activity for the 3 of us. We were blown away. The tour was not that taxing, as we walked and stopped often along the path. Zim took us from Grand Central Station to Times Square and gave us wonderful instruction and tips along the way. I learned how to use camera settings that I did not even know I had!

Zim was funny and knowledgable. I especially liked that she would critique bad shots and help us make them better. She often acknowledged the best shots and sent us to one another's camera to see how someone else did it. I could not have been more satisfied with this awesome tour.

1  Thank Donna D
Reviewed 25 June 2014

As a pro studio photographer, I have a doubt on the utility of this tour but... it was just amazing. The guide (Zim) was more than pro and guided us through the iconic New York City with all the knowledge it take to make 3 hours makes like 10 minutes.

The guide was focussed on composition but also give extra information about utilisation of camera. As I dont need the eztra, she gave me extra shots to take. She knows the city by heart (I dont) and that worth a lot.

After the tour, I am quite sure that it helps me to take better shots of the city. 100$ for 3 hours is really NOT expensive for all you'll get there.

I'll recommand to friends without any doubt and sure take another tour when next time to NYC.

Thanks folks!

1  Thank Martin C
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family loved the photo safari on the iconic New York City tour. A great way to enjoy the city while creating lasting memories for my family, especially for my two teenage sons. Thank you, Zim, for helping us "open our eyes".

1  Thank William W