“Trendy hotel with very friendly staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Andaz 5th Avenue
Ranked #67 of 467 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Hartford, CT
“Trendy hotel with very friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

My husband and I just got back from the Andaz 5th Ave. I stayed at the Andaz Wall Street a few months ago and was very impressed so my husband and I decided to check out the newer 5th Ave location. The staff was very friendly throughout our entire stay. Our room was very large compared to other NY hotels and very cool looking. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very modern. Free mini bar and cocktail hour in the lobby were really nice touches. The location is also perfect for 5th Ave shopping. Highly recommend this new line of hotels by Hyatt.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

I stayed here for four days and the hotel is amazing. At first my driver couldn't find it but then we figured out where this gem is hidden, on Library Way, the minute I got out of the car a concierge opened the doors and helped me immediately.

There was a slight wait checking in but the concierge upgraded my room from a regular room to a king suite. Which was amazing, the light switches alone in the hotel will have you taking a picture of them. I really enjoyed every minute spent here. The room is immaculate and everything is spotless and luxurious, I will definitely stay here again. And the room has the best complimentary mini bar you will ever find.

From the hotel bar with Reverse Happy Hour, to the the Chocolate Ganache dessert and coffee. The restaurant faces the NYC Public Library and you cannot ask for a better view for just relaxing and people watching. The entire staff from concierge to housekeeping everyone is so pleasant and helpful, and any question they will find you an answer immediately.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Thank you for visiting us, and for sharing your kind comments about our staff.
I am glad you enjoyed the Reserse Happy Hour, which we recently began. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
San Rafael
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

From the moment I entered the hotel lobby at 7am until I left, I was treated with the highest level of service, from immediate check-in, explanation of free coffee and newspapers in the lobby, to the complimentary (non alcoholic) minibar to the
evening wine hour in the lending library off the lobby.

Every conversation I had with a hotel employee always ended with 'and my name is.., so let me know if there is anything else I can do for you' - and they sounded like honestly meant it.

The king bedded room, was large and comfortable and the bath had a nice rain shower.
The closet was a glass case just inside the door, so one could not unpack everything.
but being in room 819 in the tower building facing the street, it was quiet as requested.
My only issue was the firmness of the bed but only because I preferred a softer mattress.

The location is excellent, across from the Library by Bryant Park with several subway stops within blocks of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

Great service. Perfect location. Nicely appointed rooms of comfortable size. Great addition to the ny hotel market

• Stayed December 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

The Hotel Andaz and their staff were the best ever in greeting us and making our stay the most memorable. This was my first time to visit New York. These people make this Hyatt Hotel POP! We never had a reason to complain about anything. We had every wish fulfilled from restaurants, events and shows. We were there during St. Patrick's, so of course, the staff had their recommendations for the best pub and food. New York celebrates St. Patrick's Day like no other city. I felt extremely proud to watch New York's finest fireman and police depts participate in the parade. It is the staff that makes your stay absolutely wonderful. I would return and ask for the 9th floor for the view!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

I was very impressed with the impeccable service. I was greeted immediately upon entering, offered a beverage and checked-in. The staff is excellent and can offer great dining recommendations. The rooms are nice and spacious (for NYC) and in-line with the swanky upscale atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

I've stayed at the Andaz 5th Avenue twice in the last few months - both times for business - and while I really want to love it, I just like it. I've stayed at the Andaz West Hollywood a few times and was disappointed with my last stay, so I set the bar pretty low for the Andaz brand. That said, I ended up being pleasantly surprised. The staff at Andaz 5th Avenue is fantastic. Friendly, very helpful, polite. The check in process was seamless both stays. During my first stay I had a room on the inside of the building. There wasn't much of a view, but it was the cheapest rate I could find so I didn't have too much room to complain. Unfortunately BlackBerry service was an issue with the room, so I had no service during my stay. It was very quiet, peaceful, the room clean and relaxing. During my second stay I was given a room on the outside of the building which solved the BlackBerry issue. Unfortunately, this time I was given a connecting room and had difficulty sleeping because of the party in the room next door. But overall, good stay both times and will stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank geejaykay
Thank you for your review, and for visiting us twice already. While I am glad that you liked your stays, we certainly want to you to LOVE your stays instead. We are aware of the spotty blackberry service in one area of the hotel, and are working to change this. If you will email me directly at connie.wang@andaz.com and give me your name, I will make sure that you have a permanent request not to be in a connecting room. Look forward to hearing from you!