“A bit pricy, but great service and location”
Review of Andaz 5th Avenue

Andaz 5th Avenue
Ranked #77 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Our room was great, we enjoyed it very much.
The service was great too, they were very helpful and kind.
The restaurant was a little bit pricy and the bar was quite empty when we visited it.

• Stayed: April 2011

Reviewed 4 April 2011

Just got back from a 4 night stay here.

Pros:
Nice design
Food is good
Location is good
Got upgraded from standard king room to loft king, which is a big room for NYC standards, two tvs, two vanities
The bar is really cool with good drinks

Cons:
Bathroom lighting is terrible
Shower needs a door so it's not freezing and water doesn't spill out everywhere
The "hosts" were clueless when I handed them a Platinum Extras certificate
Service at breakfast was terrible
Did not refill toilet paper during the stay
Only did turndown once, and I had to call and ask for it, and all I could tell that it was was folding the duvet back. No chocolates, no new towels, nothing.

Would stay there again, despite these issues.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2011

Thank you for your feedback! I am happy that we were able to give you an upgrade, although disppointed we did not recognize your Platinum Extra's certificate immediately! I have followed up with our team and made sure everyone is aware of how to handle these.

We are also working on a solution for increased bathroom lighting based on what our guests are saying. A new lighting mock-up design has been created in one of our rooms, which I can assure you has wonderful light, and we are in the process of replicating this throughout all the hotel.

I apologize for the lapse in service at breakfast, and with housekeeping....sincerely. Please feel free to email me directly at connie.wang@andaz.com so that I can remedy these directly and personally ensure your next visit is perfect! I greatly appreciate your "pros and cons" list, and hope to turn the cons into pros!

Reviewed 3 April 2011

When we arrived at the hotel we were warmly welcomed in to a stunning lobby and fabulous surrounds. Keen as we were to get out and explore the magic New York has to offer, we were reluctant to leave this cool hotel!

So we stayed and enjoyed a fantastic lunch featuring organic produce and impeccable service, meanwhile the fabulous staff booked our Empire State tour.

The rooms overlooking the NYC State Library were luxuriously appointed, supremely comfortable and the mini bar was filled with delicious complimentary goodies. We experienced the ultra groovy bar downstairs as well as visiting the second floor with it's own kitchen and entertaining rooms all of which are so stylish.

Our stay at the Andaz 5th Avenue absolutely made our visit to New York far more exciting than ever before, and we could never stay anywhere else in New York but this brilliant hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

Glad you had a great time, and for your kind comments!!!

Reviewed 31 March 2011

My husband and I just got back from the Andaz 5th Ave. I stayed at the Andaz Wall Street a few months ago and was very impressed so my husband and I decided to check out the newer 5th Ave location. The staff was very friendly throughout our entire stay. Our room was very large compared to other NY hotels and very cool looking. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was very modern. Free mini bar and cocktail hour in the lobby were really nice touches. The location is also perfect for 5th Ave shopping. Highly recommend this new line of hotels by Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I stayed here for four days and the hotel is amazing. At first my driver couldn't find it but then we figured out where this gem is hidden, on Library Way, the minute I got out of the car a concierge opened the doors and helped me immediately.

There was a slight wait checking in but the concierge upgraded my room from a regular room to a king suite. Which was amazing, the light switches alone in the hotel will have you taking a picture of them. I really enjoyed every minute spent here. The room is immaculate and everything is spotless and luxurious, I will definitely stay here again. And the room has the best complimentary mini bar you will ever find.

From the hotel bar with Reverse Happy Hour, to the the Chocolate Ganache dessert and coffee. The restaurant faces the NYC Public Library and you cannot ask for a better view for just relaxing and people watching. The entire staff from concierge to housekeeping everyone is so pleasant and helpful, and any question they will find you an answer immediately.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Thank you for visiting us, and for sharing your kind comments about our staff.
I am glad you enjoyed the Reserse Happy Hour, which we recently began. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 28 March 2011

From the moment I entered the hotel lobby at 7am until I left, I was treated with the highest level of service, from immediate check-in, explanation of free coffee and newspapers in the lobby, to the complimentary (non alcoholic) minibar to the
evening wine hour in the lending library off the lobby.

Every conversation I had with a hotel employee always ended with 'and my name is.., so let me know if there is anything else I can do for you' - and they sounded like honestly meant it.

The king bedded room, was large and comfortable and the bath had a nice rain shower.
The closet was a glass case just inside the door, so one could not unpack everything.
but being in room 819 in the tower building facing the street, it was quiet as requested.
My only issue was the firmness of the bed but only because I preferred a softer mattress.

The location is excellent, across from the Library by Bryant Park with several subway stops within blocks of the hotel.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

Great service. Perfect location. Nicely appointed rooms of comfortable size. Great addition to the ny hotel market

• Stayed: December 2010