“Fantastic Hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Stavanger, Norway
“Fantastic Hotel!”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We have just arrived back home after staying 4 nights in the Andaz 5th Ave. This is a fantastic Hotel, with very attentive staff. The complimentary glass of wine (or 2) between 6 is 9 is very nice after a long day sightseeing and shopping! And the free mini bar for soft drinks also a nice touch. Overall we cannot fault the service at the Andaz and hopefully we will have the opportunity to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (502)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Perfect location, outstanding customer service, gorgeous room with amazing bathroom, comfiest bed, free mini bar!
I can't rate this hotel any higher, simply perfect! I will never stay anywhere else now whenever I go to New York. Would give it 6 out of 5 of I could. Help to make this the best holiday I've ever been on.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank toolbandphil
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Found this hotel through Expedia and liked the location. Our taxi driver was the worst as it took him 1/2hr to find the hotel as the hotel front door is actually located on Library Way. Location of the hotel itself is great as across from it was Bryan Park and the Library. Shopping close by as well.

The staff were very friendly, responsive and accommodating. I Liked the complementary non-alcoholic beverage and snacks in the hotel room.

I would really recommend anyone to stay at the, "Respire by Hyatt – Hypo-Allergenic Rooms" as I noted that the rooms were cleaner in the bed area more than a regular room. Unfortunately, the staff who took us to our room (Rm 616) did not realize that we had a Respire room and we called host and were able to change to a Respire room swiftly. As we changed to Rm 516, we checked the bed and saw one pillow had some stains (several dark grey-like stains and one brown spot) on it. Called host again and Staff came up and examined the pillow and asked us if we wanted to replace the sheets or change room. We were able to change to another Respire room (Rm 515). In our hotel room, we found no problems with the bed and all. Only thing I did find was a potato chip located by the refrigerator crevasse, which the hotel cleaning staff have missed and I just threw it away.

Overall, would highly recommend this hotel given the series of errors that I have encountered at this hotel as they understood the level of comfort I had. It is more quiet and has a boutique feel.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2011

If you are looking for something a bit different in New York then you can't go past Andaz 5th Avenue. This new approach to hotels is a refreshing change from the bigger, less personal ones. A special mention to the hosts that look after you from the minute you step in off the street. The location is great and I loved the complimentary glass of wine at night! We did have a leaking ceiling early one morning - still not sure why, but was assured it was a first for the hotel. The manager dealt with this smoothly and efficiently and we were transferred to another (better) room with minimum of fuss. Well done. Look forward to coming back

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
west sussex
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed in the Andaz on our first trip to New York - fantastic rooms with lovely walk in shower. Complimentary mini bar topped up daily is really good when u need water after walking for hours. Excellent location. Down side is the bar which is in the basement and loud and claustrophobic.

• Stayed October 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 November 2011

My experience at the Andaz is reminiscent of when WIZARD OF OZ went from black and white to color. It was magical. The door man who met me was courteous, firiendly and efficient. Then, instead of check in lines, I saw in an antechamber (refreshments available) as a clerk with an iPad came to check me in. She then took me to a room that was tastefully luxurious and modern in a most pleasing manner.

The in-room bar was fully stocked with free refreshments, from beer, juices, and snacks (only whiskey was to be charged). [My two young grad kids loved the apple juice and munchies.]The vast bathroom included the most luxurious shower, that, according to my wife, provided multiple shower heads that gave a shower experience to die for. A mechanical shade came down to shut out both light and New York noise.

While I didn't have time to utilize the fitness center, my wife said that it was top rate. I was at the Andaz for a business conference. The Andaz provided the best business conference serivce that I have ever experienced. The staff was uncommonly polite, available, and helpful. The coffee was fresh and excellent, with a server he handled the complex coffee machine. Our working breakfast included smoked salmon, fresh rasberries, and the best granola and fixings that I have ever tasted.

Our Friday night dinner was excellent. When our conference bar only served wine, the bartender swiftly brought a selection of beers for me and my colleagues.

I was reminded of yesteryear, when I would stay at the Connaught in London and the Sacher Hotel in Vienna. Indeed, my room at the Andaz was more functional and luxurious than at either of the five-star hotels and the price far more modest.

My wfie and I are planning to make the Andaz our home away from home.

Keith Wheelock

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Andaz5thAveMgr, Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, 3 December 2011
Dear Philly Traveller 11,

We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit so much - both for business and pleasure.

Thank you for the delightful feedback, and see you and your family next time!

Warm regards,

Connie
Director of Rooms
West Chester, PA
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Andaz turns the check in process on it's head and focuses on personalized service. It starts when you pull up a the curb. A member of their staff greets you at your car, collects your bags, holds the door for you, checks you in, and then escorts you to your room and shows you how to use the various devices in the room. The room was contemporary, spacious and comfortable. Some nice touches include the free (nonalcoholic) refreshments and snacks in the room, the waterfall shower, and the complimentary happy hour(s) in the lobby. The conference center was perfect for our meeting and the staff was outstanding. Finally, it's hard to beat the location, being across the street form the NY Public Library, two blocks from Times Square, and of course, being located on 5th Avenue.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business