“Awesome!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed here with my parents as part of their celebrations for their Golden wedding anniversary. We were greeted by the staff after a long flight and made to feel extremely welcome!! My room was amazing but parents had been upgraded into an even better room (I couldn't imagine there being a better room than mine!).

The hotel had given them a gift of a bottle of chilled champagne and some delicious macaroons!

We ate in the hotel restaurant (The shop) on several occasions and found the food to be delicious, the staff friendly and service brilliant!

The staff on the hotel reception were courteous an helpful at all times and gave directions and advice on where to visit etc!

Overall this is one of, if not the, best hotel I have ever stayed in! Thanks to all the staff!!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jane R
Cornelia S, General Manager at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Jane R,
Your parents deserved that upgrade & Champagne on their Golden Anniversary!
I'm delighted to hear that we helped make it a memorable time for you & them.
Many thanks for the wonderful accolades.
Come back soon.
Best,
Cornelia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

The hotel is conveniently located on 5th avenue, walking distance to Time Square and the Empire State Building. There is a very nice skating site nearby which also has a view of the Empire State. The property is decorated in a way that feels vey comfortable and high-quality without any sense of flatulent. And the staff of the hotel are extremely friendly and helpful. BTW, very nice view in the room.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms suite are perfectly for friends
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andaz5thAveMgr, Assistant Director of Rooms at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Dear Austin-Chao,

Thanks for your great review.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our spacious 2 bedroom suites.
You should try out one of our beautiful Terrace Suites or Balcony Suites next time...!

Hoping to see you back at Andaz 5th Avenue soon.

Best,
owhitehurst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was honestly reluctant to write this review, as I think most people dismissed Andaz as a discount Hyatt brand thus keeping the place a bit of a secret, but after a recent miserable stay at the Waldorf Astoria I felt like I owed a positive review to Andaz. Although I am a Hilton Diamond member and stay almost exclusively at Hilton properties, I make an exception when I'm in NYC because you simply cannot find better service and better rooms for the price. The staff is efficient and friendly, and has almost always accepted my request to put me in the same room I have stayed in previously (how many other hotels will do this for infrequent guests?). The rooms are extraordinary, with the bathrooms larger than most NYC hotel rooms, great artwork, good technology linking, and the free drinks and snacks are also a welcome touch. I hope this place keeps the same price point moving forward, as this is a no-brainer when compared to Hyatt's "full service" hotels in NYC.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Owen W.,

We are delighted to be your favorite NYC hotel! Thank you for the compliments :)

The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Hopefully I will get the chance to meet you next time you are staying with us.

Best Regards,
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

My son and I just spent 6 nights in New York, part business (for me), mostly pleasure. I've been to New York probably 10 times and stayed in many hotels, but from now on, my heart belongs to the Andaz. First, the rooms: Spectacular. We stayed in an extra large loft-style room with double beds. It was a great size, with a beautiful view over the New York Public Library, and high ceilings. Nice extras like free non alcoholic drinks and snacks every day. Gorgeous, huge shower. In the lobby they have lovely touches like free coffee in the morning, and free WINE from 6 to 9 pm each day! The downstairs bar is popular, with good food and cocktails. But far and away the highlight is the staff. A special shout-out to JD and Amber, who both went above and beyond the call of duty more than once (and when they star on Broadway I'll be the first to get tickets). We had lots of great informal chats with them and others. They helped us with directions, reservations, suggestions ... Really, I have nothing bad to say about this place. It was perfection, and I can't wait to go back. It isn't the cheapest hotel, but from what I've experienced in NYC, this place is worth every penny.

Room Tip: We had a great view from 801.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andaz5thAveMgr, Assistant Director of Rooms at Andaz 5th Avenue, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Susin N.,

Thank you for your great review.

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in room 801 and that J.D. and Amber took such great care of you! They're both very talented and I'm confident that we will see them on Broadway one day. I will make sure to let you know so you can get VIP tickets ;)

Hoping to see you again at Andaz 5th Avenue soon.

Regards,
Queenstown, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The style and class of this brand is right up my alley so I always enjoy staying at an Andaz. The 5th Avenue property, however, represents a significant bang for the buck with all the usual amenities at what might be considered normal NY rates. Great location, generous and innovative rooms, and an incredible basement bar make this a one of a real find in NY. This hotel works well for both business and leisure - in either case, you'll feel like you've "gotten away" from it all.

Room Tip: Try a "loft" room - very well done.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Contemporary design, good sized rooms, great central location and really friendly staff. All at a reasonable price. Perfect for business or a romantic stay. A NY gem. I always look forward to a staying here.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business