“Amazing stay at the Satai Fifth Ave”

Langham Place, New York
Ranked #21 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 14 March 2011

Satai Hotel, which was amazing. Service was top notch, rooms were amazing, Food was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel if you are big in receiving the best service your money could buy. The kind of service you find more uptown NY. The use of the Chauffer driven Maserati was an excellent touch. I stayed in the one bedroom suite, which had all the amenity home would offer. Love the big bay windows even though, the view was not the best view of mid-town. All the appliance were new and high tech, took me a while to figure out that the microwave was build into the full oven. The build in wall i-Pod docking station in the wall which played trough the bedroom TV was a nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank BastienPhotography
There are newer reviews for Langham Place, New York

Reviewed 14 March 2011

Stayed at this delightful hotel for 4 days with my husband for a short break Room was spacious, fresh and airy and delightful to come back too after walking around Manhattan all day. We were on the 10th floor overlooking 36th and could hardly hear any noise at all from the street below. The bathroom was spacious with 2 sinks, a huge sunken bath and a separate shower. Housekeeping is excellent and all the front of house staff are delightful. Kinmberly our Personal Assistant was so pleasant and helpful. Will definitely return to this hotel. We didn't eat in the hotel but had a few drinks in the bar which was extremely buzzy with a jazz trio in the evenings.

1  Thank MsMarple1
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Spouse and I celebrated her birthday at this new hotel. Jet Luxury Resorts provided an incredible deal, and I am glad I took it. They delivered a birthday cake to our room soon after we had arrived. The cleanliness of the property and attention to detail was outstanding. The fully stocked refrigerator (with soft drinks and water) and the cappucino machine in the room provided a nice touch to our room. We never touched the front door of the hotel--a doorman was always there to open the door, call us by our name, and ask if we needed assistance with directions. I will definitely stay at this hotel again, and I will book it through Jetluxuryresorts.com.

1  Thank mekoonce
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Initially found this on LHW, and then on reading TripAdvisor reviews found out about Jet Luxury and booked through them. As more reviews were posted , I too became a little suspicious at how good they all were and wasn't sure what to expect.
Arrived mid afternoon Thursday for a 4 night stay , and had requested late checkout in advance via Jet Luxury.
Staff in Setai are absolutely amazing, incredibly friendly and eager too please without being over the top or appearing false. The free WiFi is a big plus and is high speed.
Room which was billed as Standard Deluxe Avenue Rooom on Jet Luxury website, was actually overlooking 36th Street , but you could see 5th Avenue from the window. Room was a reasonable size, and absolutely immaculate . Very comfortable bed, furnishings and bathroom. If I had any criticisim it would be that there is no mirror over the desk, and not enough room on the bathroom sink nor a shelf next to it, so it's difficult to do hair makeup etc without walking back and forth from shelf to mirror. The Nesspresso coffee maker, and fridge with soft drinks and water is complimentary and restocked daily. Very welcome. House Keeping is morning, a refresh afternoon and turndown in the evening (although we didn't get turndown on our last night) and the standard of housekeeping is excellent.
The bar was nice, a good ambience, although didn't find it anything to rave about like some of the reviews, service was good but not particularly speedy . We ate in the bar one evening and the food was tasty and came to about $80 for two soups and sandwiches with beer. We had breakfast once in the restuarant which was excellent ,again about $80 for 2 people. Front desk and concierge are very friendly , although I was a little surprised the concierge was unable to recommend a casual pizzeria for beer and pizza and directed us to an upmarket grill. The door staff really make this hotel in terms of service, absolutely exceptional, greet you by name , welcome you back etc.
The big question is do you get the same standard of room and service through Jet Luxury as you get direct. I don't know for sure, but I can't see that much could be improved. I guess the room types are limited through Jet, you can't book a suite or a premier room for instance, just a standard or an apartment. And I was slightly put out to be told on check out day that our 2pm checkout wasn't available and the latest we could have was 12 ( very polite and stored our luggage though, so not a huge deal) - which I guess wouldn't have happened if we'd booked direct as the hotel literature states there no set check in and out times.
So overall, fabulous, we'll go there again and recommend it to friends, and I'd go via Jet Luxury again too, although if I wanted the option of a bigger room would book direct.

3  Thank EiboNewbury
Reviewed 1 March 2011

With Jet Luxury providing decent rates I found myself in one of the most enjoyable and stunning hotels in NYC (or anywhere). A much friendlier and quieter experience than other 5 star NYC hotels including the Waldorf, Ritz Central Pk, Barclay, NY Palace and others. I've been to them all! The rooms are amazing with Italian made furnishings and the bathrooms are huge modern equipped showrooms!
A hotel's staff is as important as the amenities and the Setai does not disappoint.
Everyone is friendly and very helpful. Wayne the doorman was like family and Meena at the front desk was so sincerely friendly and helpful.
Two small disappointments were the lack of restrooms in the bar (the lobby bathrooms had a strong sewer like odor).
Brian at the front desk (probably a manager of some sought) seemed uncomfortable with himself and I saw him more than once disciplining some of the staff in the lobby.
I had the pleasure of meeting the GM who seemed like a foreign movie star with the warmest personality.
I would highly recommend this venue for a NY stay and hope they are able to hone some of the buildings problems and make the lobby a bit more of a relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Carlsin
Reviewed 28 February 2011

I was not quite sure what to expect - pretentiousness and stuffy or just hip luxury. It was the latter - and it was fantastic! Unbelievable service from the desk clerk who provided a free upgrade to a junior suite to Happy Hour appetizers delivered to our door unexpectedly. Rooms have espresso machines, the junior suite had three televisions including one in the bathroom mirror and nightime turndown service! Great location, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in NYC! Worth every dollar!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MeadowLG
Reviewed 25 February 2011

I spent 2 nights at this amazing hotel with my husband for valentines day weekend. Every aspect was over the top and beautiful. We visited the lobby bar many times and the staff was attentive and professional. We will be returning very soon!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple