“Great Hotel in NYC”

Langham Place, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #19 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 10 October 2011

This hotel is a gem on 5th Avenue, i felt so special. I would absolutely recommend that you treat yourself to a night in this great hotel.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

As a regular traveller between New York and London I normally alternate between the same group of mid town 5 star hotels however decided to try something new by booking the Setai. This hotel is just such a refreshing change from the others. Staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, hotel is spotless, rooms are well laid out, everyhing you want in a hotel is there. Elegant, well managed and restful. This is one trip to NY I am happy to relax in my hotel rather than head out. Give this hotel a try, you wont be disappointed.

Will be booking the Setai on future visits

Room Tip: Its a relatively new hotel therefore the rooms are new and clean.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Scotsman73
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This was our second stay at the Setai and we were even more impressed this time than last time. It was our 25th anniversary and the hotel surprised us with champagne and a delicious cake which were arranged by Kimberly, our personal assistant. The second night, the bed and bathroom were adorned in beautiful and fragrant rose petals. Kimberly also helped me select a great restaurant for six people for Saturday night and I only gave her a few days notice.

It was raining Saturday afternoon and I had left the umbrella in the room. The man at the front desk loaned us great umbrellas so that I did not have to go back and get ours. There was a parade in front of the hotel on Sunday and the doorman walked three blocks with us and hailed a cab. We were given late check out, 3:00 PM.

The bed is extremely comfortable but it is sort of low. Also, we did not have a separate tub and shower this time and the tub is high. It could be difficult for some people to manuever. We were in a deluxe room this time and last time we were in a junior suite. The suite had a separate tub and shower. The internet access was excellent and the television got great channels. The food is pricey but the drinks in the refrigerator are free and the choices are good. There is also a fancy coffee maker in the room.

You will love this hotel. It is clean, modern, and quiet. The service is something you will not experience in other New York Hotels.

2  Thank Lynn23
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Wow what a lovely Hotel.We arrived on Friday afternoon and our check in was very easy with a warm welcome.Before I write about the room what makes this Hotel stand out from the others is the service.About two hours to my arrival I requested a appointment at the Spa.They did not have a appointment available but instead of disappointing me they asked one of thier therapists to stay longer and made it happen.The personal assistants and floor managers are also wonderful.We were having people to our room for drinks and casually asked for a extra couch,thier response no problem and the couch was delivered along with extra wine glasses etc.The Personal assistants were able to arrange a dinner restaurant for us at a top trendy restaurant.When we arrived at the restaurant we were treated like VIP's.Nice touch. I am fom the NYC area and stay in the city often and in the past the conc. at other hotels have never come through or new of the right restaurants to suggest..Hats off and thank you to them from a pretentious traveler.The Spa is beautiful and a very nice extra amenities.We had dinner at the Hotel restaurant.It was very good.We were a party of 8 and requested a round table and of course we got it.everyone enjoyed it.
The room was very nice with a extremely comfortable bed,High tech amenities,electric blinds,TV in Bathroom mirror,sometimes to high tech but once we got used to them it was fun.
Bathroom was beautiful and well appointed..We stayed in a Deluxe apartment suite which was quite large and comfortable..There were some minor issues but they were fixed immediately..They also have relaxed checkout policy if the room is available they will allow you to check out fairly late within reason I assume..We checked out at 4:30 since we were having dinner in NYC that evening.That is usually unheard of for a NYC Hotel-Nice touch..
I would not hesitate to stay here again based on their ability to make everyone feel special and amazing service-Oh and the Mazerati was fun too.
PS I booked on luxuryhotels,com and got a great rate.

Room Tip: High floors have nicer views, There is a mazerati available first come first serve to drive you any...
3  Thank tasdiwine
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My wife and I just came back from a trip to NYC. After reviewing several dozen other hotels and reading hundreds of reviews from fellow trip advisor patrons, I decided to book the Setai on 5th Avenue. The Setai is a beautiful property centrally located to all of the most popular areas. The Spa and the Salon are world class - but what separates the Setai from every other property we have stayed at worldwide is the service you receive. The personal assistants are absolutely PHENOMENAL. I am partial to Kimberly Small. I only gave her a week to get me and my wife into the hottest clubs and make reservations at the two most sought after restaurants in NY. Needless to say she worked herself into a frenzy but was able to get everything we asked for. I can only imagine what she could do if I have given her more time. We stayed in the Apartment Suite which made us feel like we were staying at home away from home. Usually my wife and I are ready to go home after a weekend away but I can honestly say that we didn't want to leave the Setai. Every expectation I had was exceeded! There is not one negative thing that I can say about this property or their staff. They truly are in a league of their own! We will be back...soon and often. You won't be disappointed with this property. There is no need to review other properties - book this one.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Apartment Suite on the 24th floor. Quiet room. Beautiful views. Amazing sunrise.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Colin G
Reviewed 26 September 2011

It was our first trip to NYC and The Setai Fifth Avenue was absolutely fabulous! This is a brand new hotel (completed late 2010) and it was beautiful. The service was also incredible with all the staff making you feel extremely welcome. They were more than happy to provide us with some tips and helped us get some reservations at some amazing restaurants at short notice.

The rooms are spacious and beautifully clean, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are sparkling and the little extras are wonderful (such as the Nespresso coffee machine, unlimited sparkling and bottled water, nightly sweet treats as part of the turn down service, free internet on the business centre floor).

Whilst it is pricey, we think it is well worth it and would happily stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jillbo7
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Everything is ultra chic and sophisticated, the service is excellent and everyone is so friendly. The bathrooms are superb the massive deep bath are great for a soak and the huge walkin shower is fab. The view from one of the three floor to ceiling windows in the room give a fabulous view along fifth ave and at night when lit it up its even better.

• Stayed: September 2011