“Classy hotel....location superb....service brilliant”

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #25 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Sydney, Australia
“Classy hotel....location superb....service brilliant”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at The Setai. The service was impeccable. The hotel feels really classy but the staff are very approachable and helpful. We got upgraded to a one bedroom suite which was spacious and welcoming. The mirror in the bathroom had a tv built into it...amazing. Would recommend you get a deal with breakfast included as a little pricey but very tasty.
It's locations brilliant...on Fifth Ave. Only a few mins walk to the major shopping hub on 34th. About 15 mins walk to Central Park and a couple of streets from Empire State Building. Just loved it, would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: If you become a Leading Hotels of the World Member then they will likely upgrade you to a better roo...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, VA
Reviewed 16 September 2012 via mobile

This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at, and I have traveled a great deal. The staff could not have been more accommodating, polite, helpful, and efficient! The rooms are spotless. The location is perfect -- just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of 42nd Avenue, but close enough to walk everywhere I needed to go. The bed was so comfortable. No need to get used to a "different" bed as in some hotels. Each time I walked into the hotel I felt I was coming home and once in the room I felt completely at home! I will look for The Setai wherever I travel, and hope I get to stay here everytime I am in New York City.

Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 September 2012

So, this place is fabulous. I stayed at the Hyatt before I stayed here, and this was like an island oasis.

First, the service is FANTASTIC. Everyone greets you by name. You get complimentary pressing. You get complimentary shoe shining.

Second, the amenities are great. There's a complimentary mini-bar. There's a huge soaking tub. The soaps smell lovely. You get a pouch with a loofa and other nice things.

This is where I plan for the foreseeable future when I have to go to New York. It's just not worth staying anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AmherstBird
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The Setai fifth avenue is a very good 5 star hotel in the heart of Manhattan. The service is very good, from the start of your booking until you check out. The rooms are big and luxurious for New York and are cleaned 2 times a day. You have a nespressomachine. We enjoyed a great coffee every morning. The fridge is included and so you can enjoy a selection of soda’s every day. The WIFI works very good and is also complementary. A nice feature is the television in the bathroom in the mirror. The hotel restaurant Ai Fiori is one best Italian restaurants in the city. It’s not cheap but certainly worth the money. The breakfast, you can choose to have it in the room or at the restaurant is ok, but nothing special and every day the same.
But if you go to New York and you are searching for a very good hotel and a 5 star service don’t hesitate and book a room in the Setai Fifht av., you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lukd
Reviewed 13 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel as I was attending a conference for several days. The meetings were great as was the food.
I used the gymnasium daily which I found to be inadequate - not very clean and supplies were not full. In comparaison to other luxury hotels, could be nicer. Sauna and steam had smell.
Front Desk was nice but not enough people and there never seemed to be a manager around.
Bar area was empty all the time and it was difficult to find a waiter.
Not enough managers around compared to other hotels of this caliber.
Ai Fiori was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Schmidt39
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We just spent a week in The Setai 5th Av. That was for our family first trip to NY. We travel a lot, 5-6 time per year deferent hotels, but THE SERVICE at The Setai - the best we ever had. I could never even think that people can de their job as good as they do in The Setay. We always plan our trips, we do all research about where to go, where to eat, what to see.. If you come here - forget, they know everything way better then anybody. All advises that we got from the concierge where very useful and made our first trip to NY unforgettable.
Personal Thank You and absolute respect to Sohee and Luis.
the Hotel itself is great as well.. we found our suite huge, big comfortable bedroom with fantastic bed. Bathroom - wow, with TV.. Nespresso coffee machine, soft drinks... the rest you can find on their web.
Al the time, all 7 days the rooms were immaculately clean.
And the main - HUGE panoramic windows all around the suite, even from bathroom, with fantastic view. Loved it.
Location for the first time visitors - the best.. just 2 min till Empire Building, 10-15 min Time squire, 20 min till Central park..
Limousine service from the Hotel was great. The Jazz Bar - on the first floor was very nice. We were using Spa, and hairdresser service - all that was very good as everything in this hotel.
Perhaps I would change a carpet in front of the reception.:) but that was just a little "minus", that after all great time we had in NY, means nothing.
Unforgettable Experience.

Room Tip: We were staying on the 24th floor, and I think as hire as better for the view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank karolina m
AnneMauriceDOS, Director of Sales at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We are quite fortunate to have an exceptional staff such as Sohee and Luis, which you kindly mentioned. We will be certain to share your feedback with them.
We appreciate the comment regarding our lobby carpeting. The flower pattern and color scheme can be misleading; the carpeting is cleaned weekly however, due to the high knot count found in the finest rugs, imprints are caused by anyone walking through the lobby area.

Many thanks again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your return to The Setai Fifth Avenue.

Anne-J Maurice
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed in the Setai 5th Avenue over Labor Day weekend. The staff was exceptional. Couldn't ask for a more friendly, accommodating group of people. The hotel itself, however, was just okay. It was nothing special. I booked two rooms and both had a view of a brick wall. The room was large and the bathroom was a good size. The beds were very comfortable. To be fair, I didn't ask if any other rooms were available so I don't know if they would have changed our rooms or not. I have stayed in quiet a few hotels in NYC (8 to be exact) and I do not think I would rate the Setai as 5 stars. Glad I gave it a try, but would not go back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TaraLeaE
AnneMauriceDOS, Director of Sales at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We truly regret that you did not find The Setai Fifth Avenue to your liking. We would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the future and hope you will give us another try.
It would be my pleasure to assist with your accommodations and ensure that you are reserved in one of our specialty suites. I may be reached at 212-613-8733 or at anne.maurice@setaififthavenue.com

Again, thank you for your feedback. We sincerely hope to see you again.

Kind regards,