“Immaculate and comfortable”

Ranked #20 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Cape Coral, Florida
“Immaculate and comfortable”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Professional and friendly staff, beautiful modern facilities and great location. Highly reccommended! The Bar on 5th had really yummy cocktails and a friendly staff, with live Jazz in the evening. In room fridge always stocked with complementary waters and soft drinks, and in-room expresso machine was great. Excellent for business, family or romantic travel as it felt very private, with apartment-like rooms. Will go back for sure!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Myself and my husband stayed at this gorgeous hotel for a 3 night stay for my 40th birthday and all I can say is what an amazing stay. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a superior room with no extra charge my husband had been in contact with the hotel staff Kelly in particular and had arranged for flowers, balloons, champagne and strawberries as a surprise in the room and they were gorgeous. Our room was excellent with a view of the Empire State Building. The next day we were offered another upgrade to a suite at an excellent rate of $100 per night and as it was a special occasion we thought why not as the suite was amazing.

The Saturday was my birthday and as another surprise the hotel knocked with a free bottle of champagne and chocolate strawberries yum yum
The turndown service was lovely too coming back on a night to cookies and slippers by your bed was lovely. We were also given 4 vouchers (2 each) for continental breakfast which we could enjoy either in our room or in the hotel restaurant so we ordered room service which was a treat eating breakfast overlooking the city doesn't get much better. The nespresso coffee machine was excellent and made lovely coffee. There were also soft drinks included in the fridge all free of charge. The bed was very large and was extremely comfortable you sank into them the same with the pillows. The free wi-fi was excellent too.

We were also lucky enough to get the use of the hotel car Maserati which was another special treat on the evening of my birthday as it took us to Times Square where we had booked our meal.

We didn't have to check out of our room until we were leaving for the airport later in the afternoon which was excellent.

The door guys were really helpful too, polite and they all knew it was my birthday that weekend it was all in all an amazing stay and we would love to go back one day!!

Room Tip: The empire suite was gorgeous it was very spacious having a sleeping area and a separate lounge area...
1 Thank HappyLMG
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We chose the Setai as our hotel on our first trip to NYC because

1. Its # 1 Rating on TA(when we booked)
2. Location
3. Price( great deal on last minute travel)

We were traveling with another couple, and I am always the trip planner.

We were not disappointed. I am sure we had the lowest grade rooms yet they were nice size, probably large for NYC, no view, only another building. The hotel, rooms and bathrooms were all extremely clean. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were very quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

I thought it was an exceptional item to have no set check-in-check-out times. I’m sure if they are super full they can not always accommodate, but we arrived at 1pm and were able to go to our rooms and had a late flight on our last day and were able to check out at 3.

Additionally we received breakfast coupons upon arrival that I was unaware of! Had 3 great breakfasts in their dining room the days we were there, but they do have a very limited menu.

We had drinks 2 nights in the hotel bar and while pricy it was a comfortable atmosphere. Great friendly servers.

The only minor issue was our friends bathroom, they had absolutely no counter space, just a sink on a wall Room 919. Our rooms were identical, but we had a nice long marble counter in our bathroom - Room 719. It was odd. Maybe theirs was a handicap room, but if it was I have no idea how a handicapped person could get in/out of the deep tub! When calling to confirm our reservations the day before we came I did mention it was their 30th anniversary. I felt bad they got that bathroom, but not a huge deal, but if you want a counter in your bathroom don’t stay in room 919.

All in all, great stay, lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Room 919 has no bathroom countertop
1 Thank MarciaB10
Dublin
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed here in Sept for 5 nights with my partner. I am a frequent visitor to NYC and have stayed in a lot of hotels throughout Manhattan. This is by far the best I have stayed in. The rooms are really comfortable and hi-tech. And at last ....a hotel that provides free high speed wifi throughout the hotel!! My room did not have any view but that did not matter to me, the service is awesome. Complimentary shirt iron on arrival, shoe shines, check out when suits you as the hotel was not fully booked - never been asked before "What time suits you" to check out when I enquired about a slightly later check out - and I mean any hotel anywhere. Front desk, concierge, all top notch. Great location for escape downtown or hitting the midtown/uptown highlights. I was on a mix of business and pleasure and it worked for both, highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Lexington MA
Reviewed 19 September 2012

My wife and I stayed 5 nights and were upgraded at check-in to a large deluxe room. We were truly amazed by this wonderful hotel in the center of Manhattan, its excellent service, modern facilities, gorgeous bathroom and a very comfortable bed in a super-sized room with a walk-in wardrobe. I had requested for a low floor (9th) and although our room faced Fifth Avenue, it was so quiet and peaceful, and I could stand by the tall windows, deep in thought, watching the hive of activities below.
The location is perfect, being walking distance to Times Square, the theaters along Broadway and Bryant Park.
One regret was that we didn't manage to secure a treatment at the spa as it was so full and popular, and couldn't accommodate our last-minute attempt to book.
We will definitely stay here again the next time we are in NYC.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spoilt2
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed 6 nights and could easily have stayed many more.

There is a service ethic that runs through the staff that is magnificent. From the concierge staff who greet you each time you walk though the front door, , to the front desk, restaurant staff and house maids there is a consistent desire to provide wonderful service whilst making you feel comfortable in a home away from home manner.

From the complimentary "refreshment centre" ( ie fridge stocked with water, juice and soft drinks) to the observant house maid who noticed we were almost outoftoothpaste and so provided a new one, there were just so many lovely little touches. It's the little things that make a stay particularly memorable.

Room tip: join Leading Hotels of he World and you will stand a good chance of getting a room upgrade whilst being assured of continental breakfast and free Wifi. If you don't do this may I encourage you to get a rate that includes breakfast especially if you like a full breakfast asit can be quite pricey.

Can't wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: Join Leading Hotelsof The world. Note: There is no pool.
1 Thank IanA63
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I visited NY last october and I stayed at the setai on 5th.
The concierge its really friendly and helpful and the rooms are new, clean, very comfortable and bigger then expected! And the bathrooms are gorgeous!
One minus for breakfast , it was quite poor and took forever to bring 2 eggs ( half hour) and they were so fried that was impossible to eat them. I would have preferred to have a nice small buffet breakfast but they dont have one.
The door men were very careful always to help with umbrellas,doors and luggage it had a real feeling of a 5 stars!

Room Tip: I liked back room because its silent!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends