“A great stay”

The Langham
Ranked #18 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 8 December 2012

3 things I like:

- The best hotel I ever stayed in NYC, the room is very nice, the bed very comfortable, modern and stylish, you can get a good rate if you book well in advance
- Great location
- Very friendly staff

3 things I don't like:

- no loyalty program
- no iHome for my iPod
- the room has no view

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,314)

Reviewed 7 December 2012

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was so friendly and helpful. After a few great recommendations from the concierge and some great meals and nights out we decided to stay in our last night and were delighted to have amazing food, great live jazz and incredible service. Sarah at the bar served us a specialty cocktail from the menu and it's now one of my favorite drinks, I just hope my bartender at home can make them as well as she did!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2012

I absolutely LOVED this hotel. Very clean, beautiful rooms and a welcoming staff. Special thanks to the reservation manager Deryk. He has been extremely helpful before and throughout our stay. I will definitely come back to this hotel whenever I travel to New york and I will, without any hesitation,book through deryk and I highly recommend anyone who books with this hotel to do the same. Amazing and professional service!! The hotel is a great location, it has spacious rooms and very comfortable beds!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We stayed in the City One Bedroom Suite during our short trip to NYC. Very much enjoyed the incredibly spacious suite, the beautiful views of NYC and great interior design and architecture of both rooms and hotel. The suite was really very spacious and comfrotable with huge spa bathroom. It was a pleasure to relax there after days spent throughout the city. We really enjoyed the accomodation.

The suite includes also small kitchenette. According to the information provided to us at the time of reservation, the refrigerator shall be "stuffed with selection of non-alcoholic beverages". And the reality two non sparkling bottles of water. If I wanted to have some coke it was necessary to use room service. It was not overpriced but still very annoying. And the promise given has not been fulfilled.

The other negative aspect was that we were not provided with advantages as LHW members except for thenice personal letter from the manager. Usually we receive at least some fruits, uograde, free internet or something...

The last negative point was about pre arrival assistance and concierge. We sent some requirements before our arrival but got answer only very late as our email was categorized as spam and the concierge had not chcecked the spam folder. We also had some difficulties with our reservation when in the city and were not able to reach the concierge via phone. We succeeded only after 15 minutes and sixth call.

One great tip about the hotel: no checkout time limit. Pretty good!

Despite small negative issues we very much enjoyed the stay and can honestly recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2012

AMAZING HOTEL!! This is the 3RD time i stay here!! The reservation manager DERYK is so pleasant and kind and helpful!! He is one of the many reasons that i will be loyal to this hotel!! If you are planning a vacation to new york book through him!! The bathrooms are huge and clean and the beds are extremely comfortable! Very helpful staff who are always there to help!! definitely the only hotel i would stay at in new york!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I arrived to the hotel greeted by warm welcoming employees, My personal assistant Helped me what whatever i need, and when i say whatever i mean whatever. They helped me get reservations at places that took months to get in on. I also made a reservation for my husband and i at the spa in the hotel. one of the BEST spas i have ever been to. being that my husband travels a lot. The staff at the spa Jason and Cynthia were welcoming relaxing made us feel like we made the right choice just off the welcome we got. They did not rush us to fill out out paper work or to the treatment, they made us a glass of wine just for it being our Anniversary a few weeks ago, to me that was amazing i would never expect such professionalism and kindness out of a spa before. After our treatments we paid and they again wished us a happy Anniversary and walked us down to the elevator pushed the button and contented to talk to us, going above and beyond to make us feel at home here at the hotel. i would stay at this hotel a million times and i will be recommending it to my friends and family. Thank you so much Setai

Room Tip: Any room is good! i was told they all have street views. how great is that?!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Matt at the front desk is THE MAN. Not sure if we were going to spend the night in the city, we walked in off the street & asked about available rooms. After discussing prices & options, Matt took our number & called us when our room was ready, which ended up being MUCH nicer than I even expected (1bd suite; absolutely amazing. Pushbutton curtains, full kitchen/livingroom, beverage stocked fridge, washer/dryer!). Unlike others, I LOVE the minimalistic decor and found the staff (Gabriel, door/bell & concierge ladies) to be delightfully friendly, accommodating & attentive. I love the location (37th & 5th; Garment Dist same stores less crowded) because it's a nice retreat from hustle & bustle of Times Square/Midtown but still close to everything. Baffled at what others mean about the prices being higher; don't think it even compares. We will definitely be back (soon!). Glad we found this gem. (Did I mention the bed was beyond expectation too? Like floating in a cloud, even better than my marshmallow bed at home.) And windows that open! In New York City! Refreshing and tilted so you can look straight down at the ground below.

Room Tip: Our corner room faced west/north w/awesome views (incl. Empire State Bldg to the south, Chrysler Bld...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple