“How can I make my review different...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #20 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Taunton, United Kingdom
“How can I make my review different...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I always read previous reviews, before writing my own, as when I am choosing a hotel, some reviews can confuse me and make me doubt my choice. Perhaps the one thing I can write about is some bad customer service we received and how it was rectified beyond my expectations.

We stayed in an Empire Suite from 1st - 4th Jan 2014. Excellent room choice, great views, great room facilities, very spacious - couldn't ask for more. Hotel has perfect location.

One night our room service order was forgotten about. After an hour I had to telephone again to be told they had no record of our order. On check-out, I was asked by the receptionist if everything was ok with out stay. I am not someone to complain usually, however, I said on this occasion I was surprised to find that we had been charged for the food we subsequently received. Before I had even finished my sentence, the receptionist had apologised, agreed it was not acceptable, and refunded our entire room service bill for the duration of our stay.

I couldn't ask for anything more from a hotel. Things do go wrong, but it's how they are dealt with which makes the difference.

Every member of staff we saw - even if we were just walking past them in the elevator, greeted us and was friendly and chatty.

Room Tip: Empire Suite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NickH330

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

As other Langham properties, this one is a well located and a high quality hotel. The location is central with easy access to all key places in Manhattan. Very well appointed and confortable rooms, good front office staff and solid advice from the concierge. A low key and a great place to stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank glxtokyo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I spent my Christmas holidays with my family in The Langham Place. Really, fantastic: the most spaciosus rooms I've never been before in NY. The crew is very proffesional (Melisa, in the front desk, lovely). The restaurants and the food are excellent. Quality for money, unbeatable. Highly recommended.

1 Thank Javier M E
Griswold, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I took my husband to the Langham Place for our 26th Anniversary right before Christmas 2013 and was thrilled with our room and with the service given to us by every member of the staff at the Langham. Every employee makes your stay a pleasure! The room was luxurious and the views were spectacular! We will definitely make the Langham our destination in the city from here on out! Worth every penny!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bjurzzz
Riyadh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was a New Years visit, and I must admit that it was great. We were coming from Miami after a terrible stay at The Biltmore Hotel, and what a difference these guys made on our trip. Concierge, Front Desk, Doorman, everyone we met from the hotel personnel was friendly and willing to help. Rooms were surprisingly spacious (I honestly was not expecting that in NYC... we stayed once at the Presidential Suite of a 5-star hotel in New York/5th Ave and was relatively tiny!), with large bathroom and lots of space in the closets. Rooms are nicely furnished, in a more modern style. We had a family room for 2 adults and 3 children and did not feel space-constrained at all. We were worried about that, but they assured us that it would be big enough for all when we made the booking. It really worked well.
We could not research much of the other amenities of the hotel because we had a hectic schedule for New Year, but the restaurant was good and live music was very enjoyable. Continental breakfast was good, not outstanding, but had good and tasty options. Overall, was a pleasant stay and a demonstration of how a good management can positively impact on guests.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were lucky enough to spend Xmas 2013 at The Langham Place hotel. We stayed in one of the Residential Suites on the upper floors which had fantasic views out of all windows and the room was really quiet. The room was modern and very tasteful and had not only a fully equipt kitchen but a washer and dryer too - it was great to come home with a suitcase of clean and dry clothes !.

The empire state is only 300 yards away and from our room we had good views of the Crysler Building and some of the Times Square lights - the perk of having a corner suite with floor to ceiling windows. Times Square is a short walk, as is Macy's and the shope and stores on Fith Avenue. Try the Ginger Man bar just around the corner from the hotel, it has a fantastic selection of beers, ales and bourbon.

The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble whether we needed transport, dinner reservations or late room servicing as I'd forgotten to take the do not disturb sign off the door when we left for a day's sighseeing !.

We got married whilst we were in NYC and I'd like to say a huge thanks to the hotel staff for their well wishes and help to make our stay so special. Our son really appreciated the Xmas stocking and gifts you left for him.

Based on our experience, I'd certainly recommend the Hotel to others.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We have stayed at several Langham hotels around the world and each & every hotel always exceed expectations. This time we were stranded in NY from flight delays and the airline lost our bags too. Langham checked us in quickly, sent up toiletries, international chargers for our mobiles and gave us details on where to go buy our essentials. You can't fault their service. The rooms were by far bigger than any other hotel in NY. It's quiet expensive but if you want amazing service, beautful big rooms & lovely food it's worth spending extra as you won't regret it. Thankyou again Langham xx

• Stayed January 2014