“Beautiful Hotel, would love to go back”

Langham Place, New York
Ranked #21 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed at the Langham Place for a work trip, but was lucky enough to have a day to enjoy the hotel and the city beforehand. Perfect location for seeing the sights and such a treat to come home to after a long day. Everything about it feels luxurious and they seem to go the extra mile to provide little extras. The bar in the lobby is buzzing and has a live band and the bar attached to the restaurant upstairs is grown up and perfect for some civilised cocktails. I loved my room and the bathroom was amazing! Very polite and welcoming staff. Really can't fault it. Would love to come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Clapham_girl27
There are newer reviews for Langham Place, New York

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We booked one night at the langham for our honeymoon and stayed in the langham suite. A few weeks before our arrival, I sent a note to the hotel, mentioning this event. We were treated like kings. The manager booked us a wonderful room and all the staff was so friendly to us. Champagne was waiting for us as well as a little note. We really appreciated the attention and of course, never disappointed by langham hotels.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Klashman
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We have never been made to feel so welcome as we have here at Langham Place. The friendly homely feel belies the 5th Avenue address and 5 star tag - or maybe that's just part of what makes this a genuinely five star experience.
My wife and I booked a long weekend in New York as I had to come to Albany to work on a project. It was my wife's birthday on 15th Jan but my work schedule meant she couldn't come join me until 16th, so I'd miss her birthday.
Worse, she would have to travel alone something she is not used to. So I e-mailed to Langham Place asking if they could arrange something special for my wife's arrival. My first thought was some wine to greet her on her arrival. I was e-mailed by Dennis Spafford who put himself at my disposal and also sent me the Langham Place room service menu - including wine list - to spark some ideas. The wine list is extensive and of very high quality. Our favourite wine's are generally from the Chateauneuf du Pape region - quite famous for it's bold full bodied reds. What relatively few people outside of France realise is that they also produce some extremely good white wine's in this region (typically grenache based) and these are our favourite white wines. Because the region produces so little of the white wine they export very little of it. Even for us across the Channel in England it's a bit of a challenge to find Chateauneuf blanc. We have never seen it in a hotel or restaurant anywhere in Europe. So to find not one but two Chateauneuf white's on the room service wine list confirmed without question that this was the hotel for us.
Dennis was also able to suggest some other ideas - flowers and chocolate covered strawberries which would go very nicely with my wife's favourite wines. He really helped make my wife's arrival special.
On our second day in NYC we were out and about the whole day and despite my pre-booking Broadway tickets I had forgotten to print out the e-tickets, so I e-mailed the PDF to Dennis and he had them ready and waiting for us when we returned to get changed.
As a guest of Langham Place, staff routinely greet you with "Welcome home" and in some hotels that can seem like an affectation, but here it felt genuine and warm. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel like real VIP's.
Dennis especially really went way above and beyond the call of duty to make us feel at home.
Our next day in NYC it snowed heavily in the morning and so rather than venture out we decided to take a "duvet day" and went to the Langham Place spa. At fairly short notice they were able to co-ordinate a couple's massage and facial, which were both top class treatments. We then chilled in the Aqua Lounge which is available to all guests and has a steam room and plunge pool / jacuzzi. The perfect remedy to a New York winter.
On our final day we were again out all day, despite the chill, so were grateful of a warming drink at the Langham Place bar - Measures - where they have a great selection of whiskies to go with the extensive wine list. They even had our favourite speyside malt, Balvenie which again is not as famous as many of the more familiar brands.
They provided some quite unique little bar snacks - oven roasted chocolate pecans and black-pepper-buttered popcorn - which were extremely moreish. The bar staff again were friendly and very welcoming.
So many times we pay premium prices for five star hotels and feel short-changed, here we felt just the opposite.
Really can't recommend it highly enough and it will definitely be our first choice for our next visit to the Big Apple.

Room Tip: The higher the better due to the central New York location - we were on 17 and right on 5th Avenue...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ken1969
Reviewed 17 January 2014

this is not my first time to Hotel Langham 5th avenue and like always, I've found all perfect from my suite to restaurant fitness center, room service ecc ecc

All team members are very very friendly and at disposal of the guests for to follow every requests

at all my friends suggest this hotel when are in NYC

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank MTmilano
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This was our first trip to New York and we could not have chose a better hotel. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel very welcome. We were lucky enough to have a corner suite over looking the Empire State which just made us smile the whole trip!! Although we thanked Mathew the manager for an amazingly stay, on reflection I would like to make a big deal and say "he made our stay"...thanks Mathew. Don't hesitate if your going to New York, this hotel rocks:)

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Natdoo
Reviewed 14 January 2014

this was my first time to check in a Langham facility and only because there was an offered bonus miles with my Delta membership in connection with Luxury Hotels of the World and I tell you, it is luxury! two things I like the most when it comes to checking into a luxury hotel (top notch customer service should be a given already), it is food and toiletries. I don't know what it is, but I really go by the quality of a hotel based on their gastro offering as well as toiletries and Langham Fifth delivered! Although there was a confusion to the billing of our breakfast (two junior suites, three nights) that definitely would have cost waaay more than expected budget (mind you, as much as I have stated that I'm sold on their food, they can definitely improved on it, esp making it buffet rather than having to order it, bec the one downstairs that is open leaves much to my foodie self) nways, the management didn't hesitate at all to correct the confusion and freed me from having to pay extra. And of course you know what they say, Location Location Location! Empire state was a few steps and Macys and the rest of shopping is just a block over :) I couldn't live in NYC myself, but I sure don't mind visiting her time and time again. Thanks to all the bellhop service btw, the best I have encountered in NYC! and i have been going to NYC since 2002.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ainah1975
Reviewed 13 January 2014

we stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of our honeymoon and had a great stay , On learning that we were honeymooners they upgraded us to a suite with views of the empire state building large bedroom with a lounge area and a marble bathroom with a great walk in shower, on our first evening they also set us up a complimentary bottle of champagne! the hotel is really well located for exploring and of course shopping ! the staff are a pleasure to deal with helped us in everyway they could we really had a great stay , Thanks so much for everything folks!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple