“Stunning Hotel in the perfect location.”
Review of The Langham

The Langham
Ranked #18 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 February 2014

First of I have to start by saying this Hotel is truly stunning. The location is brilliant right in the heart of 5th perfect for just about everything. The rooms are large and quiet you forget you’re in the heart of the city that never sleeps.

We arrived at the hotel at around 2am on a Sunday and the staff on duty where very helpful and made us feel at home. There was no messing about and we were checked in quickly and shown to our room. The bell hop explained everything about the room and gave us some tips and hints of places to go and see.

Once we got to our room we were amazed at the size of it. It was massive not for New York standards but for any hotel. You get everything you need in the room water and some sodas and a coffee machine.

Our room had a brilliant view of the Empire state building.
The bed was so comfy after a day of walking around the city the bed was so soft and relaxing.

The bathroom with rain shower and bath is almost as big as some hotel rooms I’ve stayed in. The bath does take a while to fill up as it’s so big! The shower is relaxing and turning on the bathrooms comfort zone was perfect for cold mornings. The TV in the mirror is a great feature if you want to catch up on news why getting ready to go out and about.

We had a ride in the hotels Maserati Quattroporte what was amazing and so much better than grabbing a cab or taking the subway!

The staff at this hotel are very friendly I had spoken to Dennis over email to arrange a few things that where all waiting for us when we arrived. Each member of staff we saw always asked how we were and seamed very friendly. From the cleaners to the doormen everyone went out of their way to help.

This hotel does have it slight faults that I’m sure will be addressed. There really small things such as he towels could do with updating and there are a few stains in the rooms. But this is being ultra-fussy but without bringing it to attention they won’t get sorted.

Overall the hotel is stunning anyone thinking about going to New York you will not be disappointed with the Langham.

We will be staying here on our next visit to NYC

Room Tip: Premier Place rooms on the corner have a great view of the Empire state.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,314)

Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in a family room Hotel was very clean and staff knowledgeable and helpful.
The room was large and spacious topped off with a wonderful bathroom. The fridge was kept fully stocked with the complimentary soft drinks. Hotel close to all the major attractions, roughly a 10 min walk to Times Square. definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank basil24
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Just got back from a 5 night stay at this hotel and have to say I was impressed. The hotel is perfectly located in central manhattan just 5 mins walk from the Empire State Building. Great decor, great service. Good modern gym and very attentive staff. I will be back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights on the 21st floor in a lovely suite.

The hotel is on 5th Ave, so it's very central and easy to access all the attractions in NY. It's about a 15 minute walk to Central Park and 10 minutes to the Theatres.

The room we stayed in was large, probably the largest we have stayed in whilst in NY. The decor is lovely, not the same look at the Langham in London but more 'cool' than 'grand'.
Sleep quality was brilliant, we heard nothing. The bed was very ample and comfortable.
We did have breakfast in the hotel each day, which was really good. Fresh juice, brilliant coffee and breakfast anyway you wanted it!
It has a lovely Spa which we both enjoyed

The staff were all civil and looked after us very well.

This is certainly a hotel we would recommend and return to.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor away from the lifts....same for any large hotel in a major city.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TwitterEngland
Reviewed 20 February 2014

What a wonderful hotel. Am a 1865 Langham Club member and LHW Unlimited... combination turned a nice room into a HUGE suite, apartment on 23rd floor. Full kitchen, huge living room, big bedroom, enough closet space for a baseball team. Great decor, excellent service... Coffee maker, washer and dryer... when is the last time you stayed on 5th avenue and had that in your HUGE room? Excellent room service, and good food.Concierge was great. In past, In past, I have not liked NY. Changing my mind... Spa... Did i mention I liked it?

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Don M
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times now, originally when it was The Setai and now as Langham Place and absolutely love it. The rooms are very spacious for an NYC property, and really well fitted out. The staff are amazing, and go out of their way to deliver fantastic personalised service. Our children have joined us on many of the trips, and the interconnected room options make it a great family accomodation option.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Went Saturday, President's Day Weekend for one night with kids. We arrived early, checked the bags and went out for brunch. I received a call 30 minutes later that our room was ready. I was pleasantly surprised since we arrived at 10:30 AM.

In short here are the positives:

Our room was upgraded to a larger corner suite on the 23rd floor (I don't like heights but was fine). The room had great views and was quite clean with 2 bathrooms and a kitchenette. The fridge was stocked with complementary soda, water, sparkling water, we asked for additional sparkling water and it was bought up fairly quickly . We received a complementary dry fruit platter in the late afternoon, which was nice touch. The beds were very comfortable. Didn't hear any hall or street noise. Every staff member we encountered was extremely nice. So much so, my 16 yr old asked if the staff goes to a class for "courtliness". If the Langham has a class I would like to enroll 3 candidates of my own! The hotel is central to all the shopping and a short walk to Rockefeller Center and St Patricks. On a cold, frigid, snowy night a block away from Lord and Taylor is convenient when your daughters want to go shopping. There's a liquor store 4 blocks away on Madison, closes at 5PM on Saturday (I know for the next time).

Short lists of downsides:

When we arrived back to our room just before 11PM, we thought the sofa bed would be pulled out and ready for our 8 and 10 yr olds. One roll away had been delivered per my request upon check-in, but the sofa was untouched. I proceeded to go set the sofa bed myself and to my surprise it wasn't a pull out. It took a few minutes to sink in that we were upgraded to a room with out ample beds. The assistant manager sent up 2 additional roll-ways at no additional cost, but after a long day, 35 minutes for the beds to arrive seems like an eternity. I should have checked the sofa when we arrived but I had seen a room online with a sofa bed and assumed it was the same. I don't mind the roll-ways, they were comfortable, it was the timing of the discovery that was inconvenient.

The room was right next to the elevators, at bedtime, due to the proximity to the elevators you can hear the hydraulics of the elevators going up and down. My husband was able to sleep through it without a problem. I fell asleep after 2AM when the pace of the elevator usage slowed down.

On the whole we would return to this hotel. Next time I'll make sure the bed count is correct upon entering the room and I'll ask for a room at least 2 rooms away from the elevator. BTW we had breakfast at restaurant on the 2nd floor, not impressed. The Boathouse in Central Park is much better.

Room Tip: Rooms right next to elevators are impressive but you hear hydraulics as they go up and down.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family