“Birthday celebration with first class treatment!!”

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #24 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Richmond, Virginia
“Birthday celebration with first class treatment!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Over this past winter I had planned a trip to New York to meet with girlfriends/family in the NYC. I was unsure of a good hotel to pick but came across the Langham Place and figured I would give it a shot. I arrived at the hotel and was immediately greeted by the door man to help be get my bags out of the car. He brought them inside and introduced me to Matthew, one of the managers. Matthew was very friendly and polite. He wished me a Happy Birthday and proceeded to ask me about my plans for the evening to see if there was anything he and other staff could do to make my stay more comfortable. He offered me some dinner options near by and even made us a reservation with the help of the personal assistant. Everything I asked for I received with a smile. As soon as I checked in the room was ready and someone escorted me up. When I arrived to my room it was beautiful and HUGE with a great view of the Empire State Building! Everything was so clean and more than accommodating. Later that evening some friends and family went to the bar in the hotel and received great service and entertainment from the Jazz band. The next morning we ordered breakfast for room service and it was fast and delicious! I was overall very happy with my stay at the Langham Place and would recommend it to anyone traveling to NYC, and definitely ask for Matthew if you want to receive great service!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Concord, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We were invited to give the Langham Place a second chance after a weekend last fall. We were told in advance we would receive a nice upgrade, which we were looking forward to, and believed was a thoughtful and genuine gesture. When we arrived we were told by the front desk that we received such a "generous upgrade" and we were so fortunate for this wonderful upgrade, and mentioned this an unusual number of times.

When we arrived at our room we were utterly surprised to find that the room was exactly the same type as our last visit, with a nicer view. However this room was next to the elevator shaft and was so incredibly loud, which did not make for peaceful sleep at all. We were very embarrassed (borderline humiliated) that we envisioned this impressive upgrade, which was promised, only to have the same room type, only far noisier.

Granted the assistant manager offered to move us, but at that point, it was late at night and we had checked in 8 hours prior. He said we had been put in the wrong room, but it's hard to see how communication errors like this can occur. I felt it was a bit disrespectful and I definitely left with an unfavorable impression. Expectations should have been managed much better, or just don't offer what can't be delivered.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms adjacent to the elevator shaft.
3 Thank Jen N
Oxford
Reviewed 24 February 2014

First of I have to start by saying this Hotel is truly stunning. The location is brilliant right in the heart of 5th perfect for just about everything. The rooms are large and quiet you forget you’re in the heart of the city that never sleeps.

We arrived at the hotel at around 2am on a Sunday and the staff on duty where very helpful and made us feel at home. There was no messing about and we were checked in quickly and shown to our room. The bell hop explained everything about the room and gave us some tips and hints of places to go and see.

Once we got to our room we were amazed at the size of it. It was massive not for New York standards but for any hotel. You get everything you need in the room water and some sodas and a coffee machine.

Our room had a brilliant view of the Empire state building.
The bed was so comfy after a day of walking around the city the bed was so soft and relaxing.

The bathroom with rain shower and bath is almost as big as some hotel rooms I’ve stayed in. The bath does take a while to fill up as it’s so big! The shower is relaxing and turning on the bathrooms comfort zone was perfect for cold mornings. The TV in the mirror is a great feature if you want to catch up on news why getting ready to go out and about.

We had a ride in the hotels Maserati Quattroporte what was amazing and so much better than grabbing a cab or taking the subway!

The staff at this hotel are very friendly I had spoken to Dennis over email to arrange a few things that where all waiting for us when we arrived. Each member of staff we saw always asked how we were and seamed very friendly. From the cleaners to the doormen everyone went out of their way to help.

This hotel does have it slight faults that I’m sure will be addressed. There really small things such as he towels could do with updating and there are a few stains in the rooms. But this is being ultra-fussy but without bringing it to attention they won’t get sorted.

Overall the hotel is stunning anyone thinking about going to New York you will not be disappointed with the Langham.

We will be staying here on our next visit to NYC

Room Tip: Premier Place rooms on the corner have a great view of the Empire state.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in a family room Hotel was very clean and staff knowledgeable and helpful.
The room was large and spacious topped off with a wonderful bathroom. The fridge was kept fully stocked with the complimentary soft drinks. Hotel close to all the major attractions, roughly a 10 min walk to Times Square. definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank basil24
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a 5 night stay at this hotel and have to say I was impressed. The hotel is perfectly located in central manhattan just 5 mins walk from the Empire State Building. Great decor, great service. Good modern gym and very attentive staff. I will be back.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
England
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights on the 21st floor in a lovely suite.

The hotel is on 5th Ave, so it's very central and easy to access all the attractions in NY. It's about a 15 minute walk to Central Park and 10 minutes to the Theatres.

The room we stayed in was large, probably the largest we have stayed in whilst in NY. The decor is lovely, not the same look at the Langham in London but more 'cool' than 'grand'.
Sleep quality was brilliant, we heard nothing. The bed was very ample and comfortable.
We did have breakfast in the hotel each day, which was really good. Fresh juice, brilliant coffee and breakfast anyway you wanted it!
It has a lovely Spa which we both enjoyed

The staff were all civil and looked after us very well.

This is certainly a hotel we would recommend and return to.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor away from the lifts....same for any large hotel in a major city.
4 Thank TwitterEngland
Bland, MO
Reviewed 20 February 2014

What a wonderful hotel. Am a 1865 Langham Club member and LHW Unlimited... combination turned a nice room into a HUGE suite, apartment on 23rd floor. Full kitchen, huge living room, big bedroom, enough closet space for a baseball team. Great decor, excellent service... Coffee maker, washer and dryer... when is the last time you stayed on 5th avenue and had that in your HUGE room? Excellent room service, and good food.Concierge was great. In past, In past, I have not liked NY. Changing my mind... Spa... Did i mention I liked it?

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo