“Great experience at Langham Place”

Langham Place, New York
Ranked #19 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Hi there... so making a long story short I would like to say that I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Its a nice place with amazing people and professional stuff. Also I wanted to mention a great guy at the front desk, thank you Tony for all your help and thanks for making things very easy. For sure I will visit this place next time I come to NYC. :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JohnnyTheBoss

Reviewed 5 March 2014

If I were to write what I was looking for in a perfect hotel---superb treatment of guests, welcoming attitude, desire to please, going out of one's way to make a stay special, helping before the guest arrives, when they arrive and throughout their visit, placing a hotel in a wonderful location, amazing room, I'd imagine I'd never find it.......but I did........at the Langham Place Hotel. Traveling perhaps 10 times a year and staying in a good 30-40 different hotels across multiple brands in many cities throughout the world......it is apparent that the Langham Place shines, or should I say, outshines nearly every other place!!! I must give personal and warm thanks to Eugenia Primis who went out of her way in EVERY way to accommodate our needs before and during our trip. Likewise, all of the staff we encountered were truly warm, inviting, and helpful. The Langham Place hotel clearly places substantial effort in having staff who are exemplary, thus adding to the elegance of the structure itself. I was most fortunate to have used my American Express Platinum to book our stay--quite a few extras were granted by using this card--in fact, I could make a plug for everyone having this card.......the extras at the Langham Place alone provide more than enough benefit for the yearly fee!!! I should hope our traveling future allows us more stays at this star of a hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I have been staying at the Setai/ Langham place every week since it opened for the last 3 years. It is my home away from home. I LOVE IT . I feel so comfortable there with the friendly people, like Matt, Luis, Floyd, Gabriel, … and the list goes on and on , who always making me feel welcome. They make me feel like a rock star!!. Even my wife comments on this when she comes with me. Because I stay in New York EVERY week, I have been lured by many hotels to become a ‘frequent guest’ of theirs. I wouldn’t think of switching. I have chosen to stay with the Langham place because they make me feel so comfortable and at home. So if you are looking for that special 5 star treatment with a very homely feel I recommend you stay at the Langham place. You will NOT be disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Where to begin? This is the most perfect hotel stay I've ever experienced.

Bellboys were true gentleman, very friendly! Helped me right away, also gave me great directions when I needed a few pointers after settling in.

Front Desk staff is the BEST I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH IN THE WORLD!!!!!!! Friendly and knowledgable young man (Stephen?) checked me in. Very efficient and charming! The service in this hotel is effortless and smooth, not overbearing. Also met Eloise and Melissa. All great!

Our Studio room was to die for. Great view over 5th avenue. Freebies like wifi and Nespresso machine topped off a perfect weekend. Will be back!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I arrived and my driver had to unload my bags. I had to carry them into the hotel as there was no doorman or bellstaff in sight. Checked in. I had to carry my bags to my room. Again no bellstaff. The room was small and noisy. I asked if it was the correct room type as I had booked an upgraded large studio place and was offered to be shown other rooms. After waiting and waiting, a man showed me another room that was less noisy and larger. I accepted it before noting that the carpets in it were extremely dirty: stained with an awful looking substance that caused me concern about a pet or an ill or incontinent customer in the room. We decided to cover the worst stains with bathroom rugs. I requested a bathroom scale (standard in almost all five star hotels) and was told they were out of them. I stay at NYC five star and 4 1/2 star hotels each week as I have weekly business in NYC. This hotel is not a five star hotel. There are four star hotels with superior service, staffing and hygiene standards. The hotel is severely understaffed and just does not have the amenities that a true luxury hotel has. It was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor due to street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank vldavis
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The hotel staff is the most welcoming and accommodating I've encountered in my travels thus far. I receive consistently phenomenal service and attention during each visit. The location can't be beat being in the heart of Midtown Manhattan near everything from Theater, Dining and famous Times Square. I have stayed at the Langham place 4 times in just as many months and even with the price tag for a stay, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. The rooms are massive, the amenities are great and the service is superior. A definite must stay in my book.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Southamptonlocal
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is our home away from home. Mr. Matthew Deudne, the Assistant Front Office Manager and the entire staff including mini bar service and housekeeping are professional and help make us feel like royalty every time we are in New York. He is patient, kind, and generous with his time and expertise. We have stayed all over the world...but we love this hotel more than the St. Regis and The Ritz Carlton. It is simply people like Matt who make this hotel such a special place. It's priceless what bright and warm smiles, thoughtful consideration, and class will bring to jet set weary travelers. Thank you for truly being the BEST!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple