“Perfect Stay in NYC”

Ranked #25 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
“Perfect Stay in NYC”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This hotel tops the list on service, location and friendliness. This was a business trip with the family tagging along. The hotel room was enormous for NYC! The location was extremely convenient . We highly recommend staying at the Langham!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel recently and had what you call 'mix feelings' about it. The rooms and the food are just fine as well as the location. The staff is very friendly and welcoming just like most of the people we met in this trip to NY including the yellow taxi drivers! ;)
However... We arrived at the hotel at around 4.05pm (check in time is 4pm) and had to wait almost 2 (two!) hours before the room was prepared and we could check in! Have to say though that they haven't charged us for pizzas and drinks that we had while waiting at the bar. Thanks for that. Once in the room another 15 mins have been waisted before we got our luggage delivered.. I could easily have done it myself had I knew it would take that long!
At the restaurant where we had our breakfast five days they made errors in the bill two times, obviously not in our favor.. And on the last day just before departure when I called the reception to ask for help with the luggage it took... watch this... 10 minutes to get someone answer the phone(!!!) at the reception of a 5-star hotel!
So, these are only the facts and not my impressions. No matter how friendly and welcoming the staff can be, this does not (unfortunately) means that the service they deliver is up to the standard. Hope your experience will be better!

3 Thank Emil A
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The Langham Hotel, Fifth Avenue is a beautiful and elegant hotel and in the ideal location.
I booked this hotel based on the reviews and I was not disappointed. It was my wife's 30th and her first trip to NYC. The staff at this hotel made our stay very special. It was like from home to home however with added benefits of people waiting to please you all the time.

There is allot to write, so I will be brief and concise as possible.

We stayed for 5 days and the little things that made a big difference where complimentary champagne, complimentary wine, Birthday Cake waiting in the room, complimentary express tickets to Empire State building, Complimentary Maserati Quattroporte daily, special compliments and birthday dressings from the Chief at the Ai Fori restaurant made us feel very special.

Without of any of the compliments and gestures of kindness mentioned above, this hotel is a beautiful place and once you step inside the staff make it their business to make your stay a pleasure. Everything you would expect from a 5* Hotel this place had it, however with a little extra that makes you say "YES, I Like this". Having a Nespresso machine in our room and a good selection of beverages in our fridge that is topped up daily makes a big different after a long day out or long night.

The large Bath tub and shower with TV in the Mirror bathrooms is simply a touch of class.

The location of the hotel is just great! 8 minutes walk in any direction, you will find popular department stores, like Maceys, Fast food and fine dining restaurants, bars, comedy clubs, attractions like Time Square, Empire State building and many other things all in walking distance.

If your in New York for short trip and you want to come back to Hotel that completes your day, then I would suggest this hotel. This was my fourth trip to New York and by far the best.

I would like to say thank you to the staff, who compliment the hotel and without their extra input it would not have been the same.

Personal Assistant:
Eugenia

Receptionist
Christy
There was another chap but I cannot remember his name - Sorry (you know who you are)

Driver:
jibran

Front door staff
Shawn
Jonathan

Hope this review helps.

Room Tip: Visit during non peak times. If your not happy let staff know
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The Langham Place on Fifth Avenue between 37th and 36th Streets is at the centre of it all – just up the street from the Empire State, down the street from the New York Public Library/Bryant Park and several blocks from Rockefeller Centre and Grand Central Station. However, what distinguishes this property is the attentive and sincere service of their staff. Everyone – from the front desk, concierge, door staff, security, and maintenance staff - went out of their way to make ensure we were comfortable and all of our needs during of stay were attended. After all the hustle and bustle of New York City, the hotel is a welcome oasis to relax and enjoy a stay in the City.

Our room was absolutely spacious; after check-in, we asked to be moved to a higher floor room overlooking Fifth Avenue that was done straightaway. By New York City standards, the room was enormous and thoughtfully designed. The room featured floor to ceiling windows, lots of light, a large king bed with a firm mattress and many pillows, a work desk with ample work space, two flat screen televisions, generous closets, and a large bath room with dual sinks, large area counter and a separate tub and shower. Soft drinks in the mini-bar were complementary as was the reliable Wifi. The room was very quiet, clean and well appointed; the main feature was the spectacular views, particularly at night, looking uptown and at the Chrysler Building. Their first floor bar-restaurant was a perfect venue to start the day with street level views of Fifth Avenue. The hotel has had fabulous recommendations for mid-town dining and easily made a Saturday reservation. Only one minor suggestion for the hotel: replace the light colored wall to wall carpeting throughout its rooms; our room rug had several stains we noticed when we first took the room.

We were extremely happy at the Langham Place – Fifth Avenue and will definitely be back next time we’re in town. A property to recommend.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms have wonderful views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OnTravel4Ever
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed as a family of 4 with two young children for the first week in April.
A week before we arrived a member of the concierge team telephoned us to ask if there was anything they could book or arrange to make our stay better. I really appreciated this and they arranged babysitting for us and gave us lots of advice for our stay.

When we arrived check in was a little slow and we were left waiting in the lobby with 2 young kids running around!

We had a family suite which was a very good size and everything in the room was clearly explained to us. The bathroom was beautiful and the kitchen was very well appointed. This was particularly useful with two children who wanted endless drinks and snacks! There was a washing machine and dryer in the room as well. I called numerous times house keeping for washing powder and they were always more than happy to oblige.

We had room service everyday for the children's dinner and I can honestly say it was brilliant. All the food was hot, beautifully presented and brought within the time they quoted.

Housekeeping was excellent everyday.

One negative was the service in the bar wasn't the best. One night, admittedly early evening, we were the only people in there and it still took 25 minutes to get our drinks!
Secondly, the door men were often not at the door which meant with a buggy and two kids we had to struggle opening two heavy doors.
Finally, on arriving at JFK to return home we realised our baby bag was missing. I contacted the hotel immediately and then twice more before our flight but I never heard back from them.

I would recommend this hotel, but it doesn't have the same standard of service as the Ritz Carlton were we have stayed before.

• Stayed April 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Back for a second stay with new owners of Setai now in the Langham Group. Very enjoyable. Everyone friendly and smiling. Smells so lovely when you walk in. Such neat little bonuses they give at times like free shoe shine or clothes pressing if you are in a Premier Room. Still have the free mini fridge and Nespresso. You have the catch the good prices because this place is expensive but great location near Penn Station, Herald Square etc.

Room Tip: Look for on line deals
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is the epitome of elegant living. We stayed in the residence one bedroom suite for 5 extraordinary nights. What was amazing? Better to ask what wasn’t and even that will be a hard list to compile. The rooms were spacious, filled with naturel light and designed in a smart contemporary style with a warmth that called you home. Our suit had a washer/dryer which came in handy and was housed in the same sleek, knob-less cabinetry which lent continuity through the suite.

A native New Yorker myself I was impressed with the homogenous level of service across different service areas. You know what I mean; in some hotels one area of service may be excellent but the lack in other area diminishes the total experience. Not so at the Langham! Everyone, from the valet to every maid I passed was an example of well-trained hospitality. Did I mentioned the doorman and concierge who helped with everything? Whether it was getting an item of clothing pressed or getting a meal next door, I can sincerely say that I have not encountered this level of service in any other 5 star hotel. The restaurant on the 2nd floor, Ai Fiori is a must. We were also delighted by the excellent offerings at the first floor eatery which was feast for the eyes, while enjoying sights NYC on 5th.

The clincher for me was forgetting my passports and jewelry in the hotel safe; a first! I was contacted by A. McGuire, the Director of Loss Prevention shortly after I checked out and he was able to FedEx my items which I received the next morning. He even sent a follow-up email to ensure reception.

So even after my departure the same level of commitment and service continued. We have found our hotel in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors for the view and natural light.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business