“Perfection”

Ranked #25 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Fair Oaks, California
“Perfection”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The room was large and luxurious, the bath over the top. The service and staff were the most helpful of anywhere we have stayed. The location is great and the only negative about this hotel is there is no place to park when you arrive you have to wait in the busy street which is somewhat intimidating. We were with our kids and they left 5 robes and every night our fridge was filled with sprites, waters, etc. Snacks brought up daily and the kids loved that.

Room Tip: I don't think this hotel has a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue!

I want you to note that I am paying attention to all of your comments, both positive and negative, so as to improve the overall guest experience in the future.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your family vacation. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to New York, you will choose us again.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband took me here as a surprise at the beginning of our honeymoon, and what a surprise!!
I cannot compliment this hotel and all of the staff highly enough. Every single detail was so perfectly executed. When we arrived (our flight had been delayed by 5 hrs so we were exhausted!) Caroline on the front desk was just the most sincerely lovely person and looked after us just so well - such a credit to the hotel! The room was HUGE and absolutely spotless & just so luxurious with the most breath taking views. Location was amazing. My husband is so noise sensitive (to the point of ridiculous!) & did not complain once about any noise in the room.
Such a fantastic experience & absolutely no complaints from us!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SarahMaryB
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am honored that your husband chose us to be part of your honeymoon.

We pride ourselves on exceeding our guests' expectations of luxury service. I am so happy that were able to do so for your and your husband.

Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Celebrated my birthday here and somehow the staff found out and provided a lovely handwritten note and choc dipped strawberries in the room
Great sized room for family
Location is really good for heading north to shops and attractions around Central Park but also convenient for heading south to Soho,lower east side etc

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Richard P
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing for positive review of your stay at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us on your birthday.

We strive to exceed our guests' expectations, especially when they are visiting us on a special occasion. I am so happy that your experience with us was a pleasant one.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We recently spent five days at the Langham as part of a family road trip on the East coast. This was by far our favorite hotel on the trip. We stayed in a one-bedroom suite on the 27th floor overlooking the NE - had a great view of the Chrysler building. The service was outstanding - complimentary soft drinks every day were placed in the frig (the kids loved this). They left me a six-pack of beer, my wife a bottle of wine, and a bottle of champagne for the both of us. They also provided a huge snack tray (again, the kids loved this). We did experience a leak in the ceiling the first evening, but it was repaired within an hour (this was during the US and Belgium soccer match). The size of the room was fantastic - over 1000 sft. The location was fantastic - midtown and a couple of streets from the Empire State building. The bathroom was fantastic - huge with luxury amenities. The kids enjoyed the free wifi. And the washer and dryer were much appreciated! We could live in this hotel room. In fact, we probably liked the room more than the city. After long days exploring the sites, we all enjoyed coming back to our oasis in the sky.

1 Thank janavratil
Thank you for sharing your review of your recent visit to Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us when your family road trip made it to New York.

We pride ourselves on our ability to exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy that you enjoyed the special touches available at our hotel.

Thank you again for staying with us! I hope that, should your travels bring you back to New York, you'll choose us again.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The most positive impression I have of my stay at this hotel was from the EXCEPTIONAL customer service exhibited directly by the general manager, Mr. Francois-Olivier Luiggi. I experienced a problem while booking online directly on the hotel's website trying to take advantage of a special offer. After entering all of my information and clicking on "confirm", the webpage froze up, and my reservation was never confirmed. Five minutes later after reloading my web browser, the special offer was no longer available, and the rates were significantly higher. I immediately contacted the hotel directly, and within 10 minutes received a response and apology from the GM, Mr. Luiggi, insuring me they would respect the offer I was trying to book, along with a complimentary room upgrade. My reservation was promptly confirmed!

Other than that, I was not overly impressed with this hotel. The upgraded room was very spacious and comfortable, big windows and great views over fifth avenue, huge closets, convenient washer and dryer, and the bathroom and bed were luxurious, however the hotel in general is dark and mundane. All colors are brown and beige, no art on the walls, stained carpet throughout the room (recurring comments in other reviews), and lots of wood that is scratched and worn (floors, cabinets, closets). One of the bathroom doors wouldn't close due to the warped wood frame. Burnt out light bulbs in the kitchen area.

I didn't quite understand the difference between the "special assistant", concierge, and guest services. Good restaurant recommendations once I got in touch with someone. The telephone would ring 7-8 times or longer when calling reception, operator or guest services. My "complimentary" refreshments were abundantly stocked with all kinds of drinks on day one, soft drinks, mineral water, etc. (although I requested extra water in place of sodas), but after the first day nothing was ever replenished, even after running low on Nespresso and water. I also never received my New York Times that I was offered at check-in.

Didn't try the restaurant or room service, nothing seemed very appealing, and everything so overpriced. Too many options to explore outside the hotel.

All in all, this is a nice hotel, very comfortable, and great location. However, even with the special offer and room upgrade, there are much better values in NYC for five star accommodations. Thank you again Mr. Luiggi for your exceptional customer service.

Room Tip: Higher the better for the views, suites are very spacious
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Travel8286
Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at Langham Place, Fifth Avenue.

I'm glad that I was able to assist you in advance of your stay. But I want you to know that I have taken note of your comments, both good and bad, so as to improve our guest's experience in the future.

With regards to the carpets, regular wear and tear have affected many of our in-room carpeting. We are replacing them incrementally so as to not have too many rooms out of service at once. We have replaced 65 so far and are continuing to progress at a steady pace. We are also planning an update to many other elements of the hotel.

Thank you for choosing us for your recent stay. Should your travels bring you back to New York, I hope you'll give us another chance.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Langham Place... where everything is in the details.

My boyfriend and I travelled quite substantively and I also have to stay on a frequent basis in hotel for work.

Location... we love to be somewhere where we can walk to do anything. A "walkable" area is the best for us. This hotel is directly on Fifth Avenue: close to EVERYTHING. We were suspicious that this hotel might be noisy justly because of his location and especially because we always sleep with the window open. You can be assured that your nights there will be into your most restful you never had before. Plenty of pillows, the mattress is (probably new) but still: it was like a cloud. The sheets were thick & soft.

The air conditioner is amazing: so silent and can be very strong (as we love it) even during the night and even by keeping the window open: we love fresh and cold air at the same time: the air conditioner was perfect.

The staff: professional, efficient, recognize you when you come in and out. Always smiling & courteous. They make your stay better: very easy check-in/check-out.

The gym: more than decent: it was one of the rare trip where we workout at the gym in the hotel: very complete, with a decent variety of cardio machines, free weight and weight machine. The gym is very, very clean (as the rest of the hotel) and very well ventilated.

The room is huge. Keep in mind, that usually in NYC rooms are tinny. There even the bathroom is very spacious.

We didn't eat there as we like to try place in the city: the location is perfect for this: close to PLENTY of restaurants.

Special thumb up to the staff for the lovely surprise they prepare for us: I still dream about that chocolate mousse cake :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dany G
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us on your recent trip to New York.

We pride ourselves on our ability to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our colleagues made you feel taken care of.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.

Thank you again!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I didn't have a TripAdvisor account until today because I never really had an experience that warranted a review. This changed with my recent stay at the Langham Place. I'm a seasoned traveler so I didn't walk into the Langham with a low standard that would easily get blown away. In other words, I wasn't tweeting pictures of the bathtub to all of my friends or giddily parading around my room in the bathrobe and slippers.

Now I can describe the pleasant circumstances that prompted this review. My family joined me for this stay and Yankee met us at the front desk and made sure our four-day stay was perfect. The most remarkable thing about Yankee's service was the way she handled a mini-crisis that could have so easily gone awfully wrong had we stayed somewhere else. After checking out and arriving back home we realized that we had left behind the blanket my grandmother knitted for my daughter. Yankee to the rescue. She took care of everything and made sure we recovered the forgotten blanket. Crisis averted and my daughter is sleeping peacefully at night with the priceless gift.

So for those of you who may consider the Langham a splurge, an exception to the rule, go for it. You won't be disappointed. For those of you who value and pay for the best, ask for Yankee when you arrive. You won't be disappointed either.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so pleased that you chose to stay with us on your recent visit to New York and that your visit was enjoyable.

I have shared your compliments with Yankee. Thank you very much for calling her out by name. We are very proud to have her as part of the Langham Place team.

We hope to welcome you and your family back to Langham Place should your travels bring you back to New York.

Thank you again!