“Extraordinary service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Chicago IL
“Extraordinary service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was our first stay at any Langham hotel. We love Leading Hotels of the World's properties, and this was one of the best ever. The hotel itself is very modern, with lovely dark woods and upscale artwork, and a terrific marble and glass bathroom (great shower!). The weekend breakfast buffet in Measure was great, and the jazz in the bar was a welcome surprise. But what really impressed us about the Langham Place Fifth Avenue was the outstanding service. We stayed there for five nights because of a wedding we were attending (not at the hotel). By the second day everyone knew and greeted us by name, and chatted us up about our various activities. I had recently had major hip surgery, and they had all kinds of advice about how to get around and asked if they could assist in any way. The hotel has a beautiful Maserati as its "house car", and we were able to use it a few times to get to dinners. From Jack at the bell desk, to Caroline at the front desk, to Dennis the concierge, to Dwayne the doorman, they were terrific! The staff is totally professional but with great personality, not stuffy or stiff. We definitely look forward to staying at the hotel again!

Room Tip: Get a room with the glassed-in rain shower--very luxurious!
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us. I'm glad we made a positive impression on you.

I have passed your compliments onto Jack, Caroline, Dennis and Dwayne, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your visit. I am so glad that you were able to partake of our house car during your visit.

I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York. And I hope you will also visit our sister hotels around the world, now that you are familiar with the brand. The Langham in your hometown of Chicago is also wonderful for a staycation, should that need ever arise.

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed a week in this fabulous hotel. The location is great - one block from The Empire State, 5 mins to Times Square and a pleasant stroll pass the New York Library, Saks, Lord & Taylor etc., up to Central Park in about 15mins. The hotel room was extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. Housekeeping were efficient and always happy to help. It is a rare find to stay at a hotel where all the staff are clearly happy, motivated and enjoying their job. I have travelled extensively and lived in many places. Langham Place is now firmly placed in my Top 3 hotels. Can't wait to go back. Special Thanks to Balanka, Melissa and Derek!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank NLM339
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us when you visited New York.

We strive every day to exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy that you had such a pleasant experience with us. I have passed your compliments onto Balanka, Melissa and Derek as well, all of whom were thrilled to be of service to you during your stay.

Francois-OIivier Luiggi
Roscoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I cannot say enough about the beautiful room and luxury we experienced while staying here on our first trip to New York. Every staff member we encountered in our 4 night stay went above what I ever imagined and were the perfect hosts for our first NYC experience. We would not consider staying anywhere else in NYC after our perfect stay here! Thank you for making it so special!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Joyofed42
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so happy that you chose to stay with us on your first trip to New York,.

We strive every day to exceed our guests' expectations. I am so happy that we were able to accomplish this goal for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to New York.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My comments are much the same as the other recent posts. Could not really find a fault.
My only embarrassment (mine) was a comment to the restaurant manager at Al Fiori that we would have benefited from being given a fish knife with my fish course and the main course plates were very attractive but not particularly practical from a consuming function.
That been said he, and the rest of the staff worked their socks off to give every customer the best of attention.
The same goes for the front of house team and the room service staff, efficient, friendly and top notch in their roles.

Room Tip: We had 3 twin rooms and all looked out onto the rear, not the best view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank Leslie W
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

Thank you for including compliments to Ai Fiori in your review. They are a wonderful element of our hotel and an amazing partner to us. I am so glad you had time to experience a meal there when you stayed with us.

Thanks you again!

Manchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Spent 5 nights at Langham Place in an 'executive place' room on the 16th floor with my wife. The room was fantastic - large comfortable bed, great views of the Empire State Building and 5th Avenue (as it was a corner room), huge walk in closet, large bathroom with a good shower. The hotel staff especially the concierge could not have been more helpful in every way. We found the location ideal for walking to the shops on 5th Avenue and visiting The Empire State Building. The hotel has a courtesy car and driver available to take you further afield which is a nice touch. The bar in the evening was lovely and most nights there was a jazz combo playing live. Would definitely stay here again when visiting New York.

Cleanliness
1 Thank SimJon28
Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I'm so happy you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your experience with us. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to New York, you will choose us again.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Spent 3 nights at Langham Place celebrating our anniversary. Everything about the hotel was fantastic. The location is ideal. Our room was wonderful (huge... massive bathroom, great view). The staff were courteous and knowledgeable (thanks Yankee and Jack). Lots of little extras like different cookies each night with the turn-down service, free WiFi, free drinks from minibar, even a complementary house Maserati (which we never used). Can't wait to come back.

Rooms
1 Thank Dominic A
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am honored that you chose to stay with us on your anniversary.

We strive to ensure our guests feel a sense of delight in everything we do, especially when they are with us on a special occasion. I have passed your compliments onto Jack and Yankee, who were thrilled to assist you during your stay.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Had to come to NYC on business and talked my wife into coming with me. The location is not where we usually stay but decided to try something new. We had a wonderful 1 bedroom suite . We looked out the window at the top of the Chrysler building. The suite was great with lots of room and the ability to have food on the room with a frig , microwave and stove top
Customer service was excellent and room service very good. There were a few little things that could be improved but very few. After our stay we weren't sure about the location but price for value was exceptional compared to many other places we have stayed. Al Fiori was A very pleasant surprise

Stayed July 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so happy you chose to stay with us for your business trip and that your wife was able to join you.

I want you to know that we are always open to guest feedback. Should you wish to share details on where you feel that we can improve, I would be happy to hear it. Just call the hotel at (212) 695 4005 and ask to be connected to me.

Thank you again for staying with us. I hope you will choose us again should your travels bring you back to New York.