“new NYC work Home”

The Langham New York Fifth Avenue
Ranked #18 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed for Business in Manhattan ,near my office, every month for the last 25 years and the Langham Place Fifth avenue is my new NYC home .Rooms are modern ,large and the service excellent .I traditionally stay at the Four Seasons or similar hotels and i find the value for the accommodations excellent .I am often upgraded and to a apartment suite ,which is almost too large for me! The room service food was good under previous management ,its now just simply excellent .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so happy that you chose to stay with us when you were recently in New York.

It is with great pleasure that I read your review referring to us as your "new NYC home". As such, we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back on your next visit.

Thank you again!

Francois-Olivier Luiggi

Write a ReviewReviews (2,315)

Reviewed 9 August 2014

By far one of the most beautiful 5 star hotels - can't say enough! From service to comfort there is no comparison for this hotel anywhere in Manhattan. Had an incredible suite (2 for my family) which couldn't have been nicer and more comfortable. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in future visits to NY. If you are as lucky as I, you will catch a ride in the hotel car - incredible!

1  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed at the "Place" this past weekend and it was terrific . The staff and management was very friendly and extremely helpful with the arrangements of tours ,tips and the (do's & don'ts) in the city. This was my girlfriend's first time in New York, and they helped to make the experience one best weekend getaways we've had this year...

Thanks again to Langham Place for the: cookies on the bedside, TV in the mirror, huge soaking tub with a rain shower, concierge, valet service, and the door men. This was a great team!!! Love you guys!!!

Room Tip: Anything above the 6th floor is great because it has a band on the 1st floor which plays jazz music.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so honored that you chose to stay with us for your girlfriend's first visit to New York. We are so happy that we could show her the best version of hospitality in our fair city.

I hope that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to New York.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Wow I could write all day about what a fabulous hotel this is. From the Valets, Bellman, Front Desk, Concierge, Housekeeping, Bartenders, Wait staff and Management. Everyone is impeccably trained and all have wonderful people skills. The hotel is beautiful, food was terrific and service was 5 Star plus. Can't say enough great things, go and visit and you will experience the same. Thank you!! We'll be back!!

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! I am so happy that you had a positive experience with us.

I have shared your feedback with our staff, all of whom were pleased to be of service to you during your stay.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you back to New York. Thank you again for choosing us!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Although the rooms in this hotel need a little update (it was originally the Setai), they make it up with impeccable service and attention to detail, tailoring to ones every need. We booked on the FHR Amex program and although we did not get the comp upgrade, we did get quite a few of the other amenities. From the moment you check in you feel like you're the only one staying here. The doormen helped my wife with shopping bags, the baby...they could not do enough...thank you!. The room was spacious and quiet, room service was speedy and delicious. The bathroom products were a little off, they might want to change those. The Italian restaurant in the hotel is amazing. A thoroughly enjoyable 5 night stay. Thank you to everyone at the Langham.

1  Thank rpfinds
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I am so happy that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York.

I want you to know that I have made note of your feedback, both positive and negative, so as to improve our guest service in the future. I am so sorry that we didn't have the availability to honor your upgrade when you were here. In the future, I hope that you will be able to take advantage of that perk provided by our membership in American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts.

Thank you again for your business. I hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Langham Place for our first wedding anniversary and absolutely loved it! The staff couldn't do enough for us, they were so polite and courteous. NYC was amazing and this fabulous hotel just topped off our four day stay in the new York perfectly. The room was extremely comfortable, a lovely large bathroom and bed was really comfortable. the hotel is in a good location to, within walking distance of all the sights and shops, the bar was also nice and nice to relax in with a large drink after a long day exploring this amazing city. We shall definitely return to NYC and would certainly not hesitate at returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue. I'm honored that you chose to stay with us for your anniversary.

I hope that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to the city.

Thank you again for your business!

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

this cool lounge was suggested to us by our concierge at Quin Hotel. we liked it a lot, great music played by very talented players. A nice cheese plate and a bottle of malbec of great taste made us %100 satisfied :)
it was not crowded we got to choose a table of our liking..

LanghamPlaceNYC, General Manager at The Langham New York Fifth Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Langham Place, Fifth Avenue! (I hope you don't mind me responding in English.)

I am so happy that you chose to stay with us when you were in New York. I will pass your compliments, as well, onto our partners at Ai Fiori.

I hope we will have privilege of welcoming you back to Langham Place the next time you are in New York.