“great location, recomendable place”

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #25 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Chicago, Illinois
“great location, recomendable place”
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Thank you hotel setai! With a BEAUTIFUL room, beautiful lobby and super baaaaaar .The most kind and helpful staff I have ever encountered. Love the beds, room size, bathroom, robes, slippers, bar, just every little detail. Period. We were "stuck" there during the big Christmas storm, and we couldn't imagine being "stuck" anywhere else! Thank you New York and thank you to the most gracious staff at Hotel Setai! We can't wait for our next trip to the Big Apple and to stay at your most beautiful hotel again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
SF
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I got nothing short of a full monte luxury pampering while staying at this hotel. From the arrival -- bellhop was unloading the trunk before I even exited the cab, and being a clever bellhop he looked at my luggage tags and greeted me by my last name as if clairvoyant, "We've been expecting you!" To the departure -- I called down to reception to ask what time check-out was and the receptionist replied, "What time would you like it to be?" Hit the gym one day and the staff were bringing in a large flat screen TV for one gentleman who wanted to watch football on a bigger screen than the treadmill monitor... customized service, they're all about it at the Setai. The bathroom has a TV built into the mirror, the room stocks a complementary soda and water minifridge and espresso machine. Free wireless, premium location, masterfully designed. Room service squad super friendly, mine was a blissed out buddhist woman from nepal. Didn't meet others who stayed here since i was in and out so frequently, but seemed young and fun mix with take-care-of-business crowd. Fully recommended!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank StopTime
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Booked with Jet Luxury Resorts. Spent the evening with my wife and 14 month grandson. Terrific room( super comfy bed & spacious bathroom ) . Any type of restaurant/bar within easy walking distance of the hotel. Hotel staff was more than accommodating. Great recommendation from bell hop for family friendly restaurant. Good location for touring anything from Empire State building to Times Sq.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 13 January 2011

I was lucky enough to enjoy three nights in an apartment suite at this upscale hotel. The apartment layout is the perfect configuration for a business traveler – I’m spoiled forever. Let me walk you through it:
1. Entry area has a large guest powder room and a huge mirror.
2. Living room has a generously sized couch, two upholstered side chairs, coffee table and a top of the line Samsung television. Off to the side is a kitchenette with stocked fridge, freezer, convection oven, stove top and deep stainless sink. All the glassware, plates, cooking utensils are provided to make a complete dinner for you and a few friends if you like to cook! There is a bar with stools that is a convenient living room work space. Since there is free wi-fi throughout, I actually spent most of my time working on my laptop while sitting on the comfy couch.
3. The bedroom has a Duxiana King bed with wonderful linens – the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on by far! There is also a great desk (outfitted with supplies), two large closets, a side table and chair and another fabulous TV.
4. The hall between bedroom and bath has another large mirror, book shelves (stocked with some lovely books) and a concealed washer/dryer.
5. The bathroom was my favorite – so perfectly sized I actually measured it all so I can replicate it in my house when we remodel! There is a walk in shower, separate toilet area, large tub and double sinks. The mirror has a built in TV and there is a separate makeup mirror hung at the PERFECT height.
6. There are huge windows throughout and they open to let in the fresh air if you like! There is also zoned heating so you can alter the temperature by room.
The beautiful accommodations are enhanced by the outstanding service provided by the hotel staff. They were attentive and professional. While I did not eat at the hotel restaurant, I did spend some time in the first floor lounge. Again, comfortable with exceptional service. The gym on the 3rd floor is another plus. I don’t think I’ll stay anywhere else in NYC. I really felt at home here and, as a woman traveler, very secure.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 5 January 2011

My husband and I visited the Setai in December when every room in the city was taken. The Setai was an absolute ultra luxury surprise experience! The staff was amazing and catered to our every whim. The service was excellent and the Duxiana bed was beyond! Also, you must visit the Auriga Spa - gorgeous! I also had my hair done at the Julian Ferrel salon and it was exceptional. We felt a part of the beginning of something great...We will definitely return...

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvlife66
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Incredible hotel, best business stay of 2010 for me. Stayed in December. The hotel sas actually out of my price budget but I ended up booking through a company called Jet Luxury Resorts, got it for hundreds less a night, which is way I actually pulled the trigger. The booking company was professional, the stay was without incident. They promised me all the same 5 star amenities, check in, room service, etc and I got it. I can't say enough about this hotel and service. Had my own private personal assistant- whose really only task I gave him was to help with the ipod set up. Incredible bar downstairs. Huge room. Well stocked. Brand new. Fantastic 5 star hotel, wholly recommend it. And I recommend Jet Luxury Resorts for their price point. Will go back when the business takes me there.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank mattropolitis
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We stayed at the Setai, Fifth Avenue over the New Year and were extremely impressed with everything the hotel had to offer. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and they pre-empted many of our needs without us having to request anything. The room was spacious and kept immaculate by housekeeping. The beds were amazing - so comfortable it was difficult to get out of it in the mornings. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a central location as everything is pretty much within walking distance. Should we return to New York in the future, we will definitely stay at the Setai again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family