“Outstanding, friendly and definitely 5 star”

Langham Place, New York, Fifth Avenue
Ranked #25 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding, friendly and definitely 5 star”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

From the moment we entered the airy lobby until we reluctantly left every aspect exceeded our (high) expectations. Friendly staff, interesting menu with just enough of a twist, Robbie's mystery tequila cocktails served with a smile and the best spa in manhattan make this the hottest new spot for a treat weekend away.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 February 2011

My wife and I decided to have a little staycation in NYC for our anniversary and based on the reviews, we chose the Setai Fifth Avenue. I can't say enough great things about our stay. Let's just say, I thought I knew what five star service was before staying at the Setai, but now I truly know. As it was our anniversary, the Setai upgraded us to a spectacular room (the premier, I think). The decor is neutral and warm, and despite having lived in the city for nearly 10 years, we felt like we were seeing New York for the first time all over again. The service was excellent from start to finish. Before checking in, a personal assistant reached out to me and helped me to book reservations and make arrangements to have flowers delivered to the room while we were at dinner. Upon check-in, the front desk agent personally took us to our room (to which we were able to check-in early), showed us the amenities (including a TV in the bathroom, espresso machine, complimentary waters and sodas, and electronically opening/closing shades), and eagerly inquired as to whether or not there was anything more she could do to assist me. There was even a complimentary bottle of Taittinger placed in the room for our anniversary. All of the employees seem as if they are happy to be working there and understand just how good their product is -- and it shows!

The Duxiana bed was super comfortable and the rainforest shower was a treat. I had forgotten my iphone charger, but no problem, the TV has an Iphone hook-up allowing you to play your own tunes. In addition, the complimentary wi-fi allowed me to write this review from the room!

I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know! Thanks Setai for making our anniversary wonderful!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Edinburgh
Reviewed 28 January 2011

I was looking to book a New York hotel for 5 days as a treat for my Mother and I. Having stayed at The Library Hotel and Waldorf Astoria on previous trips, I was impressed by the good reviews the Setai had received since it opened in November. I was looking for a large room with 2 Queen or King beds and the Setai could offer this. I booked through a discount website so got a reduced rate and guaranteed upgrade which swung my decision to book the Setai. I was really impressed by the Setai and would go out my way to recommend it to others. Our superior suite room was really spacious, with the most comfy beds and a large dressing area and very large bathroom with both bath and shower.The decor is in a palette of neutrals and quite modern, and was perfect to relax in after a day sightseeing. There are nice touches - complimentary shoeshine, cookies and other snacks left in the room and complimentary soft drinks and espresso machine in the room. One of the best things about the Setai is the staff - the personal assistants really care about your stay and go out of their way to recommend places to eat and visit based on your taste/style/budget. They also offered us free use of the house car (a Masserratti no less!) on several occassions and the driver was really friendly and gave good tips on places to visit. It is a 5 star hotel without any pretentions - you can just chill and enjoy yourself and the staff will do as much or as little as you require. No pomp and ceremony here - it certainly suited me and make me feel relaxed and chilled out. A touch of luxury for the modern traveller :-)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Booked this room through JetLuxuryResorts.Had a great room at a great price.The staff was very attentive ,,the room was spacious and had everything you could possibly Would definitely book another trip using JetLuxuryResorts.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 January 2011

Thank you hotel setai! With a BEAUTIFUL room, beautiful lobby and super baaaaaar .The most kind and helpful staff I have ever encountered. Love the beds, room size, bathroom, robes, slippers, bar, just every little detail. Period. We were "stuck" there during the big Christmas storm, and we couldn't imagine being "stuck" anywhere else! Thank you New York and thank you to the most gracious staff at Hotel Setai! We can't wait for our next trip to the Big Apple and to stay at your most beautiful hotel again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
SF
Reviewed 20 January 2011

I got nothing short of a full monte luxury pampering while staying at this hotel. From the arrival -- bellhop was unloading the trunk before I even exited the cab, and being a clever bellhop he looked at my luggage tags and greeted me by my last name as if clairvoyant, "We've been expecting you!" To the departure -- I called down to reception to ask what time check-out was and the receptionist replied, "What time would you like it to be?" Hit the gym one day and the staff were bringing in a large flat screen TV for one gentleman who wanted to watch football on a bigger screen than the treadmill monitor... customized service, they're all about it at the Setai. The bathroom has a TV built into the mirror, the room stocks a complementary soda and water minifridge and espresso machine. Free wireless, premium location, masterfully designed. Room service squad super friendly, mine was a blissed out buddhist woman from nepal. Didn't meet others who stayed here since i was in and out so frequently, but seemed young and fun mix with take-care-of-business crowd. Fully recommended!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank StopTime
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 January 2011

Booked with Jet Luxury Resorts. Spent the evening with my wife and 14 month grandson. Terrific room( super comfy bed & spacious bathroom ) . Any type of restaurant/bar within easy walking distance of the hotel. Hotel staff was more than accommodating. Great recommendation from bell hop for family friendly restaurant. Good location for touring anything from Empire State building to Times Sq.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family