“great hotel .. I am Starwood Gold and stay all the time .. but this hotel made me a hilton person now .. congrats steve” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel

Sheraton Tribeca New York Hotel
Ranked #308 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Atlanta, Ga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

So I stay at the sheraton canal/tribeca all the time and love sheraton's in general .. staff here are great .. hotel is nice .. but as a business traveller paying $450 a night, 5-6 nights a month at sheratons in ny and another 5-6 nights a month in other cities I expect good service .. especially when there are problems which is the only test of great service i know .. whimpy of me i know !! However in last week's NY storms I found out what happens when they are under pressure .. staff were nice .. still love the location .. cant help it if the manager acted like a jerk .. after trying to get my reservation amended for a week before arrival with Sheraton corporate and 1-800 reservations telling me that Sheraon had me covered as a premiere Starwood Rewards Member the hotel happily billed me $450 for a night i didnt stay and when i raised the issue the manager told me basically it was my fault because his corporate reservations folks didnt send the emails they said they did to cover me .. so my fault his corporate people lied .. doesnt matter to me .. it is water under the bridge .. i am just a customer .. who cares about paying customers .. I am "hilton people" from now on .. it is only $20k or so a month or $250k a year to sheraton .. which for a $5b corporation doesnt matter .. maybe if 20 of us moved they might wake up .. aye ..

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank frodo1961

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

There is very little to speak about this hotel. This did not feel a high-end hotel, nor lower end. My room was pretty small and had barely any light coming in from the window that overlooked another building 20 odd feet away. Bathroom was good, but again, small. There was a Starbucks in the Lobby, which opens around 7am. Free Wifi in the lobby, with Wifi in the room costing around $10 per day (better than many places). Room was clean and had all the necessary facilities, but was a little depressing with darker woods, curtains, etc. With such little light coming in the window, the colour scheme should have been brighter. The location was good, close to great restaurants - however, being on Canal, so close to the entrance to the tunnel, traffic was often very difficult - you have to be careful of your route choices if coming in by car or cab.

Room Tip: Breakfast at Starbucks in the lobby saves time and money.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jazzbee
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

I am giving this hotel five stars for several reasons: 1) incredibly clean 2) duvets on the beds instead of bedspreads so you get a fresh bed and the mattresses are comfortable) 3) the staff is so friendly 4) the bathrooms have fans that actually work, and they are acceptable in size, and 5) room service was excellent - cheeseburgers were delicious. The rooms are very very small, but that didn't bother me. The things I mentioned above are the most important things to me in a room. I personally loved the location of the hotel. There are great affordable restaurants and fantastic shopping within walking distance. If you want to experience NYC, this is a great area because you are a stone's throw away from Chinatown and near many subway entrances. Learn to use the subways; you will save so much money. We got to our hotel at midnight and went to a Chinese restaurant on Bowery St., and we felt totally safe. By the way....noise doesn't bother me so I can't comment on that. I hope this helps.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Williamsville, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Since it was important for us to stay in SOHO, the location fit the bill. Nothing to write home about other than that. We had a city view room which was ok. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable which is paramount. Wasn't looking for much else on this visit so not much to report. Price was competitive.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

This hotel is ideally situated on Canal st in the heart of Soho/Tribeca area. The room was nicely furnished but the standout for us was the welcoming staff and the great bar area. There is a fitness room but no pool, which is the only missing ingredient to what is otherwise a very nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Me and the girls took a trip to New York and it was a blast.. We partied every night and had a wonderful time. But what made it more fun was the hotel staff that was so hands on with us. It was wonderful. The fact that we partied hard every night. We was so greatful to have there staff. The night time house keeping(JamellMartin) made sure every night that we were safe. That we made it to our room. Made sure that we as a group were tooken care of more then just of us as just guess. He made us feel like we were home. And to that, that was more reason for us to want to come back to this hotel. We have checked in/out much hotel but this was by far the best we ever. The staff was wonderful...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

We had two rooms for our group during our stay, all booked through Priceline. We were pleasantly surprised at the great room value considering this is a prime location in Soho/Tribeca. Everything was so close - shopping, restaurants, etc. and we were very comfortable either walking or taking taxis around town. The subway is only a short walk, so also very convenient. The room was clean, but as expected in NYC, the closet was tiny and the bathroom was small. It was much better than we had expected, though. The hotel has a little Starbucks stand on the main level and that was convenient. There's also a little deli next door and an amazing late night pizza place on the corner. I would definitely stay here again and the price was super reasonable.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends